Fair Price for 2020 Si?

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
If they try to charge you for the dealer added stuff don't be afraid to tell them to take it off, especially for crap like nitrogen tires (120$) or pinstrips (80$). wheel locks, etc.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jason_S

Jason_S

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord 2.0T sport
Country flag
I usually don't buy new, I let someone depreciate the car for me, but in the case when I do buy new (when i bought my 2018 Si), I go thru the Costco auto program, and I only went to the dealership to test drive, and I only negotiate thru email. The advantage of the Costco auto program is that dealers give you an upfront price negotiated thru the Costco program and are not allowed to put pressure on you. The original offer was $22,400 thru the Costco auto program, I ended up getting the car for $22K, not including tax and license. 100 percent negotiated thru email. I always tell dealers up front if they put any pressure, I walk out
Thanks bro!
I kind of using the same strategy as you. I choose to negotiate thru email too.
I will check costco auto program. Thanks for this info!:thumbsup:

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
If they try to charge you for the dealer added stuff don't be afraid to tell them to take it off, especially for crap like nitrogen tires (120$) or pinstrips (80$). wheel locks, etc.
They should come with wheel locks as part of the price. At least that was in my case

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
They should come with wheel locks as part of the price. At least that was in my case
Mine came with dealer extra's included because they traded with another dealership for the car and quoted me a price without that stuff, but after visiting a couple lots I saw every dealership charging for wheel locks, nitrogen, pinstripes, floor mats etc.

ltrinh

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I just googled, in Alabama the car purchase tax is between 3.375% and 4%. So if I can get the car for 23K, the tax will be $920 at most, so the OTD price will be $23,920, which I think is acceptable. But still I will offer 23.5K OTD first and see what will happen.
About financing vs cash, cuz' I'm a foreign student just arrive in US with zero credit, cash is my only option. :doh::cry:
You saw the price at 23k at cars.com? I don't think that includes tax ($920 as you said), or doc fee or destination charge (another $900+ ?). I paid for my 2018 SI 24.5 OTD which is MSRP. Your tax is about 900 less, so 23.5K OTD is about the same deal ( which I think is good ) as mine.

ltrinh

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
My dealer charged me for wheel locks, I asked sale person to take it off then. The wheel locks stayed on the car but removed from the contract. ;-)

slab42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PWP Si Sedan
Country flag
I just picked mine up this morning. $23,665 including destination fee was what I paid for my 2020 Si sedan.

slab42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PWP Si Sedan
Country flag
Was that that OTD price?!?!

thx!
That was the price for the car including destination fee. Then add state tax and title, which varies from state to state, so "OTD" price is kind of irrelevant since someone could pay more "OTD" simply because they live in a state that has higher sales tax, or they had a bigger down payment, etc.

Yakfisher85

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WRX
Country flag
That was the price for the car including destination fee. Then add state tax and title, which varies from state to state, so "OTD" price is kind of irrelevant since someone could pay more "OTD" simply because they live in a state that has higher sales tax, or they had a bigger down payment, etc.
Very true!...thanks for sharing. going in to look at a 2020 tomorrow in NorCal. As a possible replacement for my 2018 wrx.

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
Jason, you might want to wait until the middle of next month, around Christmas time. I've always found X-MAS is the best time of year to get the best deal. Maybe use that Costco program and have all the local dealers fight over who's going to give you the best deal. I hate dealers so much I won't talk to them, I just do everything by email, get a purchase offer and then(and only then) go to the dastardly dealer to give them the check and sign the papers. They will screw you over for the smallest thing so if they try to go over the purchase offer just tell them "NO".

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
I ended up getting more than 10% off sticker @ 23.2k for the car / 25k OTD. This was only after I emailed every Honda dealership in the DFW area. Most told me to go pound sand but Honda of Fort Worth was ready to deal and hooked it up :headbang:

Edit - I realized this was actually a 15% discount as the sticker price was $27,200 after the Honda Protection Package, window tint, and nitrogen were added on top of the base MSRP of $25,930 - an even better deal than I thought!

Last edited:

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I ended up getting more than 10% off sticker @ 23.2k for the car / 25k OTD. This was only after I emailed every Honda dealership in the DFW area. Most told me to go pound sand but Honda of Fort Worth was ready to deal and hooked it up :headbang:
That's how you do it! Haggle over price thru email make an offer telling them you will pick up the car right then and there if they accept it, do the financing online (most dealerships have online financing options), come in to inspect the car and sign the paperwork and you will be in and out in an hour. Paying cash there might be more scrutiny, also dealerships make money on financing so not surprisingly don't like cash buyers

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
That's how you do it! Haggle over price thru email make an offer telling them you will pick up the car right then and there if they accept it, do the financing online (most dealerships have online financing options), come in to inspect the car and sign the paperwork and you will be in and out in an hour. Paying cash there might be more scrutiny, also dealerships make money on financing so not surprisingly don't like cash buyers
Fo'sho. Pretty much every dealer wanted to meet face-to-face and did not want to provide quotes via email. At that point, I quit communicating with them and moved on to the next. Honda of Fort Worth was the only dealer who provided a competitive quote in an email and didn't pull any bs when I actually showed up in person. Hats off to them for being totally transparent about everything.

Urabus99

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 si
Country flag
Here in new Jersey. The 2020 si at the is priced at $25,950 that's not including all of nj crazy fees and tax
Sponsored