Jason_S

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord 2.0T sport
Country flag
I plan to buy a 2020 si in Alabama. Did anyone buy the newest Si recently?

I saw from cars.com, the lowest price nationwide is slightly above 23K. I'm thinking maybe 23.3K or 23.5K OTD.

What do you guys think is the fair offer for 2020 si?
Sponsored

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
If u can get it for 23.5k, go for it. That’s a good price.
If it’s like any other dealership salesperson i’ve ever seen, the negotiation will not be friendly and will not be fun. They will fight you the whole way and will not be smiling if you get down to 23.5k. You’re not there to make friends.

Last edited:

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag

I saw from cars.com, the lowest price nationwide is slightly above 23K. I'm thinking maybe 23.3K or 23.5K OTD.

Go for it dude! I ended up paying $24.5k for mine

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag

23.5k OTD would be way more than fair - I'd consider that a smokin' deal. That would put the sale price of the car itself just under 22k. Best quote I have received so far on a 2020 has been 23.5k for the car / 25.3k OTD. I've been offering 24.7k but would settle with 25k flat. Don't be surprised though when you start dealing with them only to find out they didn't include the other dealer add-on crap that they failed to mention in their ad which jacks the price up by another grand or two. Another trick they sometimes like to pull is they will sell you the car at their quoted price ONLY IF you use their financing which usually ends up being a higher interest rate than what you could get at a credit union. I had this happen to me before after I informed them I would be paying with cash. They made a big fuss about it but ultimately did end up taking my money.

Are you trading in? If so, that changes the whole equation. I've got no trade and no financing, just cash. But I do lead them on and let them think I will be trading in a vehicle and will need financing. That's how you get the best price.

ltrinh

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
23.5k OTD would be way more than fair - I'd consider that a smokin' deal. That would put the sale price of the car itself just under 22k. Best quote I have received so far on a 2020 has been 23.5k for the car / 25.3k OTD. I've been offering 24.7k but would settle with 25k flat. Don't be surprised though when you start dealing with them only to find out they didn't include the other dealer add-on crap that they failed to mention in their ad which jacks the price up by another grand or two. Another trick they sometimes like to pull is they will sell you the car at their quoted price ONLY IF you use their financing which usually ends up being a higher interest rate than what you could get at a credit union. I had this happen to me before after I informed them I would be paying with cash. They made a big fuss about it but ultimately did end up taking my money.

Are you trading in? If so, that changes the whole equation. I've got no trade and no financing, just cash. But I do lead them on and let them think I will be trading in a vehicle and will need financing. That's how you get the best price.
Agreed, 23.5K OTD is smoking deal. I bought mine 2018 SI for 24.5k OTD (same as MSRP) in SoCal which has around 9% tax. So 23.5k OTD may be possible.
About financing vs cash.. If financing gives you better deal, I think you can go with that and pay off (if you can) right away. Not so sure but I dont think there is penalty for pre-pay or early pay off. Good luck and keep us posted.

OP
OP
Jason_S

Jason_S

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord 2.0T sport
Country flag

Thanks for your reply. I just received a quote of 23.23K from my local dealer via email.

I'm not trading in nor financing just like you . But I will definitely try your strategy!

OP
OP
Jason_S

Jason_S

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord 2.0T sport
Country flag
If u can get it for 23.5k, go for it. That’s a good price.
If it’s like any other dealership salesperson i’ve ever seen, the negotiation will not be friendly and will not be fun. They will fight you the whole way and will not be smiling if you get down to 23.5k. You’re not there to make friends.
Thanks dude. How much did you pay for your Si?

OP
OP
Jason_S

Jason_S

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord 2.0T sport
Country flag
Agreed, 23.5K OTD is smoking deal. I bought mine 2018 SI for 24.5k OTD (same as MSRP) in SoCal which has around 9% tax. So 23.5k OTD may be possible.
About financing vs cash.. If financing gives you better deal, I think you can go with that and pay off (if you can) right away. Not so sure but I dont think there is penalty for pre-pay or early pay off. Good luck and keep us posted.
I just googled, in Alabama the car purchase tax is between 3.375% and 4%. So if I can get the car for 23K, the tax will be $920 at most, so the OTD price will be $23,920, which I think is acceptable. But still I will offer 23.5K OTD first and see what will happen.
About financing vs cash, cuz' I'm a foreign student just arrive in US with zero credit, cash is my only option. :doh::cry:

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag

Hi Jason,
I'll be buying a 2020 coupe soon. Where do you find the lowest price nationwide on cars.com?
I can't seem to find it on their website.
Thanks man!

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag
OP
OP
Jason_S

Jason_S

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord 2.0T sport
Country flag
Hi Jason,
I'll be buying a 2020 coupe soon. Where do you find the lowest price nationwide on cars.com?
I can't seem to find it on their website.
Thanks man!
Hi Jeffers,
Just change the distance to "All Miles", and then sort by "Price: Lowest".
The lowest price I saw from cars.com is $23,324 offered by a dealer in FL. I don't think the price is that accurate, but it might be a good reference.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I usually don't buy new, I let someone depreciate the car for me, but in the case when I do buy new (when i bought my 2018 Si), I go thru the Costco auto program, and I only went to the dealership to test drive, and I only negotiate thru email. The advantage of the Costco auto program is that dealers give you an upfront price negotiated thru the Costco program and are not allowed to put pressure on you. The original offer was $22,400 thru the Costco auto program, I ended up getting the car for $22K, not including tax and license. 100 percent negotiated thru email. I always tell dealers up front if they put any pressure, I walk out
Sponsored