Chrome Delete Fail.

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
So I attempted to do a chrome delete this afternoon. Turns out the pecan trees above were not interested in participating. Instead they would rather drop little specs of tree stuff all on my vinyl. It’s going to look great once I find a covered place to do it! My wife’s slammed MK5 is over there photobombing
Honda Civic 10th gen Chrome Delete Fail. 2E9175C0-ED12-473E-882E-ED97489CCEE2
Sponsored

shibles

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Go slow when you get to that back section, it is a massive PITA to try and get the vinyl to fit perfectly with the bottom of that triangle. There's nothing for the vinyl to wrap around so it has to fit flush almost perfectly for no chrome to peak through.

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
So I attempted to do a chrome delete this afternoon. Turns out the pecan trees above were not interested in participating. Instead they would rather drop little specs of tree stuff all on my vinyl. It’s going to look great once I find a covered place to do it! My wife’s slammed MK5 is over there photobombing
2E9175C0-ED12-473E-882E-ED97489CCEE2.jpeg
Great thread for those who want to murder out their Civic.

OP
OP
RallyeRedTenthGen
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Go slow when you get to that back section, it is a massive PITA to try and get the vinyl to fit perfectly with the bottom of that triangle. There's nothing for the vinyl to wrap around so it has to fit flush almost perfectly for no chrome to peak through.
Thanks for the input. Once I get a chance to pull it under the car cover I’ll attempt again.

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
Got a link to the vinyl you went with? Reviews online seem so back and forth on all the matte black vinyls I come across.

OP
OP
RallyeRedTenthGen
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Got a link to the vinyl you went with? Reviews online seem so back and forth on all the matte black vinyls I come across.
Hey, I have a good friend that does wraps and he gave me a 1x5 foot roll for $10.00. I actually went with Satin black vinyl. Matte doesn’t match the trim as well as satin in my opinion. So having said that, it’s not a pre cut kit.

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
Hey, I have a good friend that does wraps and he gave me a 1x5 foot roll for $10.00. I actually went with Satin black vinyl. Matte doesn’t match the trim as well as satin in my opinion. So having said that, it’s not a pre cut kit.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll look around for some satin black instead.

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My recommendation is to start at the rear (triangle piece), then work your way forward ...

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm more impressed that your wife has a slammed MK5 than a chrome delete. My wife has a minivan and a short fuse.

OP
OP
RallyeRedTenthGen
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
I'm more impressed that your wife has a slammed MK5 than a chrome delete. My wife has a minivan and a short fuse.
Haha! The mK5 is on race land primo Coilovers and it’s about as low as it can be and still be able to make it in and out of the drive way with just an acceptable amount of scraping. She loves that car and is holding out to the bitter end before she gets something bigger for the kiddos.

RS27

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6 spd / 2019 Civic Coupe Sport CVT / 05 E46 M3 6MT Slicktop
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Once I get around to this I already figured out the only way I’ll accept the results. Purchasing all new trims and having a body shop sand and paint them gloss black. Can’t do the tape stuff.

shibles

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Once I get around to this I already figured out the only way I’ll accept the results. Purchasing all new trims and having a body shop sand and paint them gloss black. Can’t do the tape stuff.
I am pretty much on the same page. I've done it about 3 times now (haven't bought pre-cut vinyl yet) and still see chrome poking through where I've messed up. Guess aesthetics aren't my expertise

ericc191

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Same here.. attempted once years ago and crinkled it up so many times. I'd rather just pay someone to do it for me lol.
Sponsored