Factory wheel size, offset, and weights

s2ktaxi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR, '19 Civic Si, '17 Civic EX HB, '09 Civic Si, '01 S2000
Country flag
28 lbs is heavy. The 16" RSX wheels I used on my EP were around 18 lbs. I'd want to stick to the magic "pound-per-inch barrier" without spending too much cash, and Enkei has a few options in that range for 18" wheels.

Trouble is, I really like some BBS rims I've seen online, and I've always wanted BBS wheels ever since I was a kid... but the ones Tire Rack shows me are 25 pounds...
Yes, 28 lbs is heavy even for an 18x8. The 16" RSX wheels are 16.5 lbs. I've used them on 8G and 9G civics - saving about 4-6 lbs per corner. steering response and acceleration difference is noticeable.
Sponsored

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Yes, 28 lbs is heavy even for an 18x8. The 16" RSX wheels are 16.5 lbs. I've used them on 8G and 9G civics - saving about 4-6 lbs per corner. steering response and acceleration difference is noticeable.
After I swapped to 5-lug on my EP3 (using RSX Type-S parts), I used the original RSX 5-spoke 16" wheels, 16" Rota Circuit 10s (Mugen MF10 copy, also about 16 lbs) and some random "prototype" Rays wheels (also 16", forged, and something crazy like 11 or 12 lbs).

I think tire choice made more of a difference in my auto-x times, though. I bought a set of used Azenis RT-215s and ran them for a few days and a couple school sessions. I placed higher in my class on those than I did on my regular summer tires.

SonicTman

First Name
Justyne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sonic Grey LX HB, 2014 Jeep Cherokee Altitude
Country flag
Anyone know the weight of stock lx wheels? 16x7

krtnchls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback LX
Country flag
I work at Honda in the parts Departement....

All Trims are the same

16x7.0 +45
17x7.0 +45
since youre working at honda, i would like to ask regarding civic hatchback. i do have an LX and planning to change to 18'. will it fit if i'm gonna use the same tire size for the sports trim? 235/40 R18? will it not mess up the odometer reading? thanks. im really struggling on these. dont know what specific size will i get.

ikbenben

Belgium spec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic 1.5T Sport Plus HB
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes it is.

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Acura RL, 16 Acura MDX, 17 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Hmm, does anyone know the backspacing of the OE Hatch sport wheel? The backspacing seems to be kinda important as well..

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hmm, does anyone know the backspacing of the OE Hatch sport wheel? The backspacing seems to be kinda important as well..
To directly answer your question -- "does anyone know?" -- the answer is, undoubtedly, "Yes."

;-p

Oh, you wanted to know what the backspacing (or "offset") is?

+50 mm.

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
To directly answer your question -- "does anyone know?" -- the answer is, undoubtedly, "Yes."

;-p

Oh, you wanted to know what the backspacing (or "offset") is?

+50 mm.
From what I understand, the offset and backspacing are different things. Take for example,
Enkei TS-10:
vs.

Enkei TS9
Both have +50 offset, but the backspacing is different. Hence, my question as to what the factory OE backspacing is.

Honda Civic 10th gen Factory wheel size, offset, and weights wheel-offset

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
From what I understand, the offset and backspacing are different things. Take for example,
Enkei TS-10:
vs.

Enkei TS9
Both have +50 offset, but the backspacing is different. Hence, my question as to what the factory OE backspacing is.
Hmm. Ok, well, I haven't seen anyone say anything about what the factory backspacing is (and besides, people rarely ask for backspacing as a separate spec from offset).

Offset matters more for handling because changing the offset will change the scrub radius -- where the centerline of the tire tread meets the steering axis.

Backspacing only matters for suspension clearance. Some online retailers don't bother listing backspacing, either, most notably Tire Rack.

What I don't understand about your example of the TS9 and TS10 is why, with the same offset and rim width, the backspacing is different. Are the outer edges of the lips shaped differently, and the TS9 sticks out a little more?

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hmm. Ok, well, I haven't seen anyone say anything about what the factory backspacing is (and besides, people rarely ask for backspacing as a separate spec from offset).

Offset matters more for handling because changing the offset will change the scrub radius -- where the centerline of the tire tread meets the steering axis.

Backspacing only matters for suspension clearance. Some online retailers don't bother listing backspacing, either, most notably Tire Rack.

What I don't understand about your example of the TS9 and TS10 is why, with the same offset and rim width, the backspacing is different. Are the outer edges of the lips shaped differently, and the TS9 sticks out a little more?
That's a good question, I have no idea, hadn't really thought about it. I actually got those specs from tirerack, haha. Yeah, I don't want to mess with the scrub radius and all that, so I'd like to keep the specs same as stock. I just don't like how heavy the stock wheels are. Maybe I ought to see if tirerack can say why there's a difference in backspacing between those two wheels.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That's a good question, I have no idea, hadn't really thought about it. I actually got those specs from tirerack, haha.
When I skimmed Tire Rack, I picked a random wheel and it didn't list backspacing; but the Enkeis do. Maybe the data shown on the page depends on the manufacturer.

Yeah, I don't want to mess with the scrub radius and all that, so I'd like to keep the specs same as stock. I just don't like how heavy the stock wheels are. Maybe I ought to see if tirerack can say why there's a difference in backspacing between those two wheels.
Good idea; maybe Enkei would say, too.

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
When I skimmed Tire Rack, I picked a random wheel and it didn't list backspacing; but the Enkeis do. Maybe the data shown on the page depends on the manufacturer.

Good idea; maybe Enkei would say, too.
Did a little more research, since the width of the wheel is not lip to lip, actually bead to bead, I'm pretty certain that the backspacing difference is due to the different thickness of the lip from the backside of the wheel. So yes, it would be important for clearing the suspension components, although if I'm running factory offset, the backspacing doesn't matter (i would think). It'll only really matter if one is running drastically different offsets to make sure when the wheel turns, there's enough backspacing to clear the suspension components.

But I'm still waiting to hear back from tirerack, so we'll see ;]

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It'll only really matter if one is running drastically different offsets to make sure when the wheel turns, there's enough backspacing to clear the suspension components.
Right -- drastically different offset, or drastically different width, and then backspacing would come into play.

edgeautosport.com

Elite Sponsor
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
We went searching for the wheel specs here before we went out to the car but didn't find everything we needed. We went to take measurements on our wheels but conveniently found the specs cast into the back of the spokes. Thought it would be useful to update the OP with this info. We weighed the whole wheel and tire too if you guys want to post that. @Administrator

2017 Civic Si factory wheel

18x8 +50mm

Honda Civic 10th gen Factory wheel size, offset, and weights Honda20Civic20Si20Wheel20Specs203_zpsufleuufo

Honda Civic 10th gen Factory wheel size, offset, and weights Honda20Civic20Si20Wheel20Specs202_zpsnbpwx7zw

Honda Civic 10th gen Factory wheel size, offset, and weights b32c80bf-60a2-4b3b-b1d6-b80c17d6606d_zpssthmbia