mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I did a factory reset last night and when I powered on this morning, it took a few minutes for the Infotainment to come on.

Strange, I did not loose the radio presets. I did see the image of the Andriod guy turning.
Sponsored

Empyrean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I did a factory reset last night and when I powered on this morning, it took a few minutes for the Infotainment to come on.

Strange, I did not loose the radio presets. I did see the image of the Andriod guy turning.
Did you mean standard radio or did you mean satellite radio?

OP
OP

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Did you mean standard radio or did you mean satellite radio?
Local radio stations.
Maybe I didn’t reset it properly but I did see the Andriod guy turning!

OP
OP

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Does this reset the walk away lock back to off?
Work like before the factory reset.
More and more I think of it, maybe the factory reset was not done. I did the factory reset last night when the ignition was off. Something did happen because it took a few minutes for the headunit to come on this morning,

OP
OP

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I attempted the factory reset but this time, I was driving the car. When all was set and done, the screen came on with the attached message. I drove to a gas station and pressed the ignition power a few times with no prevail. Apparently, the power button it referred to is actaully the Home button. Lol.

Again, the radio presets (local AM stations) remain intact. Unfortunately, the Bluetooth still does not work. When I first turn on the car, the Bluetooth would connect. This connection would drop after 1-2 minuets. I would have to connect manually and it would maintain the connection until I power down the car.

Honda Civic 10th gen Factory Reset of Headunit AB4A75B0-E0BE-498C-878E-F48E8F23D7A7

Last edited:

Empyrean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I attempted the factory reset but this time, I was driving the car. When all was set and done, the screen came on with the attached message. I drove to a gas station and pressed the ignition power a few times with no prevail. Apparently, the power button it referred to is actaully the Home button. Lol.

Again, the radio presets (local AM stations) remain intact. Unfortunately, the Bluetooth still does not work. When I first turn on the car, the Bluetooth would connect. This connection would drop after 1-2 minuets. I would have to connect manually and it would maintain the connection until I power down the car.

AB4A75B0-E0BE-498C-878E-F48E8F23D7A7.jpeg
Thats weird, and Im assuming you did try to use other devices. Might be time for more dealership help.

OP
OP

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Thats weird, and Im assuming you did try to use other devices. Might be time for more dealership help.
The dealership will blame it to my handset which is the potential cultpirt.

It was all working until I fiddled with the settings to enable SMS notification. I also installed Andriod Auto which I hated and I have since uninstalled it. Now, SMS notification is still not working and my BT connection is erratic.

Empyrean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
The dealership will blame it to my handset which is the potential cultpirt.

It was all working until I fiddled with the settings to enable SMS notification. I also installed Andriod Auto which I hated and I have since uninstalled it. Now, SMS notification is still not working and my BT connection is erratic.
Im not sure unfortunately, and any reason you hated Android Auto, personally its one of my favorite features of the car.

OP
OP

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Im not sure unfortunately, and any reason you hated Android Auto, personally its one of my favorite features of the car.
First, you have to connect a physical USB cable. Then the interface of Andriod Auto is quite bad, my friend told me that there’s no way to change the skin.
Sponsored