mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
How can I factory-reset the Infotainment unit?

My Bluetooth used to work properly. I then played with the configuration to get SMS notifciation and also added a 2nd IOS device. Now the Bluetooth could connect automatically after I start the engine, the connection would drop after a few minutes. I have to manually connect and the connection would stay on.

I deleted the device in both Inforainment and in my handset with no success. Maybe I should reset it.
Sponsored

thatwhiteSi

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
I think you press and hold the power button for a while or something. I did it not long ago.

EDIT: That may have been a reboot. You could just unplug your battery for a second and it will reset.

Lunar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Which power button? You are not referring to the ignition, right?
The power button on the infotainment unit. Top left corner. Basically the first capacitive button on the left. Not the ignition. Hold for like 10 or 15 seconds until it resets.

OP
OP

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Thanks.
Hope there is no username, password to reset the headunit.
I only own this car for 3 weeks so I did not have too much customization to the headunit. I did configure the auto-lock settings and trip information,

Empyrean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Thanks.
Hope there is no username, password to reset the headunit.
I only own this car for 3 weeks so I did not have too much customization to the headunit. I did configure the auto-lock settings and trip information,
They are talking about rebooting the headunit not resetting it. I'm not sure how to reset it unfortunately. I'd Imagine if you go to the android settings menu you can find it in there.

Lunar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Got it. Thanks.
Anyone performed this factory reset? Hope there is no dealer code or username to re-configure after the factory reset.
No, you'll be fine.

miketeg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk7 2k18 / DC4 2k1
Country flag
Don't want to create a new topic, but how the hell I switch back my keyboard in QWERTY instead of AZERTY on my Android Auto apps?

I had to perform a full reset of the headunit, but now, my keyboard is AZERTY and it's kind of annoying.

Did not find anything in the Android AUto apps about this...

Claudetobus

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White Orchid Pearl Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How can I factory-reset the Infotainment unit?

My Bluetooth used to work properly. I then played with the configuration to get SMS notifciation and also added a 2nd IOS device. Now the Bluetooth could connect automatically after I start the engine, the connection would drop after a few minutes. I have to manually connect and the connection would stay on.

I deleted the device in both Inforainment and in my handset with no success. Maybe I should reset it.
Voilà
https://www.civicx.com/threads/civic-touring-2016-navigation.12649/

Empyrean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Don't want to create a new topic, but how the hell I switch back my keyboard in QWERTY instead of AZERTY on my Android Auto apps?

I had to perform a full reset of the headunit, but now, my keyboard is AZERTY and it's kind of annoying.

Did not find anything in the Android AUto apps about this...
You said on android auto right? I would delete the app from your phone and install it again