Factory PSI for my Continental 18” was 44+ PSI? (TPMS error later after decreasing to 35/33 PSI)

What psi?

• Total voters

Neoxon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 LX
Country flag
Hey, I bought a 19 civic hatch two weeks ago and today I checked the PSI of the the continental tires and they were set at nearly 44+ PSI. I checked the door and decreased the PSI to 35 in front and 33 in back. I drove around 100 miles or so and then the TPMS error came on. I pulled over and checked the PSI and it wasn’t deflated or anything. So I went on and recalibrated the system and this happen one more time before I went home. Should I set the Tire pressure back to 35/33 or increase it a little higher ? It seems like the ride quality is terrible as I can feels more bumps and imperfection on the road but I really don’t wanna decrease my mpg.
Sponsored

kalvin126

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
35 is the correct PSI. Tires are pumped high during transportation and should be reset down to 35 by dealers after unloading. Though it is common for dealer ships to forget.

I recommending lowering down to 35 PSI while cold, then calibrate TPMS, then drive to warm up tires.
If you continue to drive with 35+ PSI, you will see un even wear on the center of the tires.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Hey, I bought a 19 civic hatch two weeks ago and today I checked the PSI of the the continental tires and they were set at nearly 44+ PSI. I checked the door and decreased the PSI to 35 in front and 33 in back. I drove around 100 miles or so and then the TPMS error came on. I pulled over and checked the PSI and it wasn’t deflated or anything. So I went on and recalibrated the system and this happen one more time before I went home. Should I set the Tire pressure back to 35/33 or increase it a little higher ? It seems like the ride quality is terrible as I can feels more bumps and imperfection on the road but I really don’t wanna decrease my mpg.
Are you saying you can feel more Bumps with the tires at the correct 35/33 than you did when they were at 44+ ?

That seems backwards ???

OP
OP

Neoxon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 LX
Country flag
Are you saying you can feel more Bumps with the tires at the correct 35/33 than you did when they were at 44+ ?

That seems backwards ???
Yes. Seems a tad weird but maybe it was just the road

yargk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R, '16 GT4, '19 GSW 4motion 6mt
Country flag
Remember that 35/33 is cold. Like in the morning haven't driven yet cold. If you've been driving more than 20 minutes and then check pressures, you should probably set 3 higher, like 38/36.
Sponsored