Factory LED Headlight Upgrade

Alokin105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si/ 2001 Honda Civic Lx
Hey everyone ive been looking into switching the Si's standard halogen headlight with those of the LED headlights like on the type R and the Touring is it worth switching the whole headlight or just the bulbs?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Alokin105

Alokin105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Neither really. They look cool for sure but they don’t perform as well as a good set of HIDs.
Which brand is the best for HIDs? and What about the fog lights I really have no idea on what kind of lights to get for those either?

TheRealWizzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe / 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Country flag
An LED bulb will produce a more white light which looks better but wont help much if any with actual light production for that you would want to go HID. I have HID's in my grand prix from the last owner and it is so much better even with oxidized headlights vs brand new headlights.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Which brand is the best for HIDs? and What about the fog lights I really have no idea on what kind of lights to get for those either?
I prefer Morimoto.

l15b7allturbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I recently did the upgrade with the help of my friend who's on this forum.

Hid project a lot further and have a nice cutoff line.

The LEDs are bright up close but can't match the throw of hid.

They do look amazing though. Made me fall in love with my car since I left the dealership disappointed that I didn't get the headlights I wanted.

Also running Honda access fog lights. Clean cutoff on those though:)

Honda Civic 10th gen Factory LED Headlight Upgrade 20180506_150407

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I agree most of the comments about the OEM LED headlights.. but I do feel that they have better side throw ( or scatter ) than the factory halogen lights.... they work better for my needs but the one thing I don’t care for is there is hardly any Hi Beam long distance throw :(

Honda Civic 10th gen Factory LED Headlight Upgrade BC6FA4C2-3025-4984-BF2B-B62033072FC9

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Cheap Amazon Stark brand LED bulb replacements worked well for me. I installed them last fall. Fog output is the greatest improvement. Low and high beam output seems the same to me in terms of distance but with greater scatter. Nobody has flashed their lights at me. They look nicer from the front also.

NightTrain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
Alokin105

Alokin105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree most of the comments about the OEM LED headlights.. but I do feel that they have better side throw ( or scatter ) than the factory halogen lights.... they work better for my needs but the one thing I don’t care for is there is hardly any Hi Beam long distance throw :(

BC6FA4C2-3025-4984-BF2B-B62033072FC9.jpeg
This Color looks so good.

OP
OP
Alokin105

Alokin105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

They do look amazing though. Made me fall in love with my car since I left the dealership disappointed that I didn't get the headlights I wanted.

20180506_150407.jpg
Where did you find the LED lights to buy?? I keep looking but can seem to find the factory LEDS

MugenJJ

First Name
Jer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si

20180506_150407.jpg
Hey! I've been a lurker in these parts for a while (I finally decided to create an account to ask you this) and I can't help but asking you where you bought the housing from, did you buy it straight out of the dealership? And by the way how was the installation process?

I'm definitely with you on leaving the dealership dissapointed with the non-jeweleyed headlights... Always on my mind whether to move forward with the swap!!

Anyways thanks in advance for your help!

l15b7allturbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Where did you find the LED lights to buy?? I keep looking but can seem to find the factory LEDS
Hey! I've been a lurker in these parts for a while (I finally decided to create an account to ask you this) and I can't help but asking you where you bought the housing from, did you buy it straight out of the dealership? And by the way how was the installation process?

I'm definitely with you on leaving the dealership dissapointed with the non-jeweleyed headlights... Always on my mind whether to move forward with the swap!!

Anyways thanks in advance for your help!
I purchased these LEDs from eBay. Driver side was asking 500, I offered 220 and he accepted. The passenger side was 400. Both were used so I had a detail shop sand them down and spray ceramic coating on top of the lenses. They came out extremely bright. I had to get a custom harness on eBay to make them work. They are pretty much plug and play. You have to remove the bumper which is extremely easy to do since i've taken it off about 8 times. @JDM_DOHC_SiR came by my place and helped me install them :)

Trust me.. once you get these lights, you will be extremely happy. They should have came this way. Changes the whole front end look and I'm not disappointed with the output compared to HIDs because these are what I've always wanted in my car.

100% worth it.

oh and to find them.. search for: touring led, honda led, civic led..
Do not purchase the re-manufactured ones on there made by different companies, go for OEM. Check to see if any tabs are broken or anything cracked. I got lucky and they had nothing broken.
Sponsored