Factory defect in paint?

malfidusgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback EX-L
Country flag
Hi all,

I've owned my 2020 Civic hatchback EX-L in Aegean blue for about 2 weeks now. About a week ago when I hand washed my car for the first time, I noticed this blemish in the paint on the hood. I did my best to capture photos of it to show you. At its largest point, it's about the size of a nickel. What can I do to soften or eliminate this? I have Carnauba wax and a buffer, as well as 1500 and finer abrasives sheets and a buffing wheel with this buffing compound: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007VTQFE8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_ieZXDbDBMAZHH

Thanks for your help!

Honda Civic 10th gen Factory defect in paint? 20191109_162803

Honda Civic 10th gen Factory defect in paint? 20191109_162718

Honda Civic 10th gen Factory defect in paint? 20191109_162700

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Congratulations on the new ride!

That definitely looks like a defect to me.
Personally, I wouldn’t touch it. I’d take it to the dealer and let them handle it.

OP
OP

malfidusgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Congratulations on the new ride!

That definitely looks like a defect to me.
Personally, I wouldn’t touch it. I’d take it to the dealer and let them handle it.
I will definitely consider that as an option. I've had my car back to the dealer twice now for dealer added options that they couldn't get installed before I drove it off the lot. Of the two weeks since I bought it I've spent much of that in a dealer loaner vehicle. Dealership is probably the best option, but I'm interested in at least researching DIY repairs first.

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I hear ya! Just remember that once you touch it, it becomes your problem, not theirs.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
Kinda looks like bird shit etching. Honestly I wouldn't trust a dealership detail department to fix it, and would bet they make it worse.

OP
OP

malfidusgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Kinda looks like bird shit etching. Honestly I wouldn't trust a dealership detail department to fix it, and would bet they make it worse.
Though I suppose anything is possible, I am certain my car hasn't been pooped on since I bought it.

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
you car has been manufactured many days before you acquired it. birds had lots of chance to shit on it while it sat at the factory yard and dealership lot. definetely looks like clear coat etching. wetsanding is the way to go but I'd recommend against DIYing it unless you have strong detailing background. honestly, just leave it alone, there will be many more dings, scratches and chip - honda's paint is not the greatest
Sponsored