Featured FACE LIFT TYPE R SPOTTED? Check out the pic. What do you think?

1. WindJunkie

WindJunkie Senior Member

Car(s):
    2019 CTR #24,174
    Yeah, I have been refreshing https://hondanews.com/en-US for the news bulletin where they posted the 2019 and 2018 model info in previous Novembers. This is the longest they've gone without announcing the next CTR, in 2017 and 2018 they announced it during the very beginning of November. I wonder how long we'll wait to find out...

2. hangsang

hangsang Member

First Name:
    sang
    Car(s):
    waiting for the 2020 CTR
    I'm the one who also waiting for the 2020 model in Houston.....have been waiting for a few months already. may I ask you one thing? since you working for honda dealership in here, why the production next week (mean NOV 2019) will take almost 3 months(Nov - Dec -Jan - Feb) to ship oversea to the US? is that always used to take that long??
    and since the car gets in the lot at the dealership around Feb 2020, it should be a 2020 model, right? I never hear the dealership will get a new car from factory with last year's model... correct me if I was wrong.

3. ThorSellsCars

ThorSellsCars Senior Member

First Name:
    Will
    Car(s):
    2019 Honda Civic EX 1.5T
    #258 ThorSellsCars, Nov 8, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    Its the last one in production and any honda take about 90days from production shipment to dealership, and i have a feeling the 2020 will not come out untill spring of 2020 at least by that i mean hit the floor. I think one of the reasons it got pushed so far is because they just release of the new Acura Type S concept and i dont think they want it overshadowed. I work for the dealership so ill be custom ordering mine they wont sell me an allocation i have to buy an extra one on the upside i get to choose the accesories and color :)

4. hangsang

hangsang Member

First Name:
    sang
    Car(s):
    waiting for the 2020 CTR
    hopefully, we don't have to wait that long and hear something news coming up ASAP:banghead:

5. PrettyFly4A_Si

PrettyFly4A_Si Senior Member

Car(s):
    2018 Civic Si Sedan
    Wait what? Can you actually custom order from Honda? I’ve read in several forums that Honda is unlike some manufacturers that will let you order straight from factory. Rather, you just have to find a dealership that has what you are after and then settle on a price.

I wouldn’t care waiting 6 months if I knew I was getting the color and accessories I wanted upfront.

6. wdrx02

wdrx02 Batman

Car(s):
    Civic HB, S2000
    To ea. their own obviously. However, do find the new CTR in the above pics - more subtle... and like the SI coupe?
    What?! I rather like the unusual/unique current CTR with the big wing! I guess for sleepers perhaps, but with the reduction of the big wing and aggressive stance. I hope "Honda" you reduce the price! 4xk for a civic is still IMO overpriced for badges :p

Either way, I am sure it will sell as the marketing it just dang great, and tackled with the legendary "R"

Although, I would love to see Honda bring something back/new for the Acura line up in America
    i.g. Acura Integra, RSX, or a TSX Type R and not, just some A-Spec! Should be fairly reasonable and doable consider the Civic chassis is already a good mold to barrow from ;)

7. ThorSellsCars

ThorSellsCars Senior Member

First Name:
    Will
    Car(s):
    2019 Honda Civic EX 1.5T
    You can..... nobody wants to go through the trouble to do it, we do it here but we shy away from it because every person that says "they want it and dont mind waiting", usually mind a whole lot and they call up here everyday for the first month, and then pull their deposit midway and then we have an extra car we have to get rid of.

Also too when you sign the paperwork the incentives and rates are correlated to the month that it arrives and not the month you sign. So if your rate bumps 1-2% you may also throw a fit and back out of the deal.

Also the dealership dosnt book the sale for that day but for 3-6 months from then when the car arrives so it dosnt help the salesmens numbers that month nor the dealership. theyll get the comission the day the car arrives

They are willing to do it for me because i work here.

8. kilo959

kilo959 Member

First Name:
    J
    Car(s):
    2018 Civic Type R; 1995 Nissan Hardbody
    #263 kilo959, Nov 13, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    Am also waiting on the 2020, anticipation is killing me. Need that backup type R for Track days.

9. hangsang

hangsang Member

First Name:
    sang
    Car(s):
    waiting for the 2020 CTR
    So you already had one and you need one more R backup for track days....... :bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

10. kilo959

kilo959 Member

First Name:
    J
    Car(s):
    2018 Civic Type R; 1995 Nissan Hardbody
    Yes, and it not having a wing and inclusion of driving assist will make it easier to sell the purchase to the wife AFTER it's in the driveway.
    hehe

11. B2FiNiTY

B2FiNiTY Member

Car(s):
    CW FK8
    I’m also waiting for 2020....got that check book ready....

12. FC1E5

FC1E5 Senior Member

Car(s):
    Civic
    Type R's have different bumpers. You will need to order 2020 Type R specific vents. Not the sport ones.

Sup_Devil thanked this.
  13. s2kdriver80

s2kdriver80 Senior Member

Car(s):
    MY03 Honda S2000
    The question is, has anyone tried swapping the vents within the respective body styles? If this works, then the 2020 CTR vents should be swappable with the older models (assuming the CTR receives the update as well).

14. Greyhouse

Greyhouse Member

First Name:
    Robert
    Car(s):
    2017 sport touring
    No way this is the look of the type r for 2020 because even the regular hatchbacks have more of a spoiler going on.Off subject,personally I would wish they would give you the option of an automatic because I need more speed in my s/t hatchback

15. Greyhouse

Greyhouse Member

First Name:
    Robert
    Car(s):
    2017 sport touring
    I take what I said back,I just saw a video by Honda on utube called the world motor show that shows the new type r with a throw back color and a rear end that looks more conservative than a si sedan with nothing differant looking than a common looking sedan.This car looks nothing like a type r and you wouldn't know it was one even if you saw it