FACE LIFT TYPE R SPOTTED? Check out the pic. What do you think?

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
That looks horrible to me.. :(
It looks like a normal hatch to me... I wonder if the vortex generators are still on there though, could create some unwanted aero affects without the wing that it pairs with.

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It looks like a normal hatch to me... I wonder if the vortex generators are still on there though, could create some unwanted aero affects without the wing that it pairs with.

It doesn’t look like a normal hatch to me too. But... I really think the wing rounds out the hatch. I’m not a fan of Hatches in general.

As a whole they are growing on me but still. :)

FriscoBrah

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
Not 'could' it does create instability at even 45mph when getting on an on ramp.

FriscoBrah

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
I'm not sure why you're being presumptive and assuming I want a CVT. I've never denied the functionality of the wing and I've never advocated for it to be replaced but rather have an alternative in the form of another trim. By the same token, I think a more extreme version with a CF roof and less weight would be great for the track oriented crowd. Since the wing does not add benefit until triple digit speed, I personally see a place for the car from the OP in the market.

Speaking of, I test drove the golf R and was unimpressed. Not keen on the civic si as I like the hatch and do not want rev hang. Hopefully honda releases info on the 2020 type r soon. Until then, agree to disagree.
With the wing removed you can feel a difference even at 45mph when using an on ramp so yes there is a performance impact. As I stated before the car is supposed to be track oriented and has been historically. For that reason alone the car shouldn't have lesser performing trims like BMW and others created with the M Sport models or S-Line for Audi. It's pathetic and sad.

smc_stefan

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
Country flag
Well, you can hate me for saying this, but I highly appreciate the small wing option which is probably coming. I really like the looks of this car but the huge wing wasn't really my thing.

Rumors here in Europe say, the pictured one from the first page was transported to a marketing agency in the Netherlands for a photo shooting, probably for a new catalogue or web appearance.

We'll see what the options might be, but if there will be a small wing option here in Europe, I'm in to put my money on the table of my Honda dealership.

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I feel the same, and it's pretty much like the old normal ek and ek9. If the FK8 has the Mugen wing for FK7 installed without the spoiler, it's normal.

Honda Civic 10th gen FACE LIFT TYPE R SPOTTED? Check out the pic. What do you think? TAS-2018_MUGEN-FK7_11

smc_stefan

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
Country flag
I think it doesn't look so bad with the small wing, depending on the angle.

Honda Civic 10th gen FACE LIFT TYPE R SPOTTED? Check out the pic. What do you think? 2019-honda-civic-type-r-spied-in-red-differs-from-white-painted-prototype_8

Naruske

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Wait a minute, has nobody noticed that the original holes for the big wing are still there? There is tape over them. Look closer!!! Why would they do that mmhmhmh

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wait a minute, has nobody noticed that the original holes for the big wing are still there? There is tape over them. Look closer!!! Why would they do that mmhmhmh

It's a prototype. They are probably trying to easily test the pros and cons of with and without.....

However..... I will not lie, remarkable catch! I totally overlooked it!