FACE LIFT TYPE R SPOTTED? Check out the pic. What do you think?

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
Looks like they addressed all the complaints that people had. From a nice clean head unit to one with a volume knob and cluttered with buttons. Now, they get rid of the huge wings that is designed for aero, 20" wheels and no red pinstripe for sportier look. Now, we have a civic sport w/ fender flares and huge wheel gaps. Thanks guys!:D
Sponsored

J Type R

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R Sonic Grey Pearl
Country flag
Saw this on Instagram. Possibly type r face lift spotted?

20190819_133154.jpg
Does anyone know how many Civic Type R were made in 2019 in the Sonic Grey Pearl or where I can find the information? Also what is the Production number for total Type R by year?(2017, 2018, 2019) Thanks

FriscoBrah

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
Looks like they addressed all the complaints that people had. From a nice clean head unit to one with a volume knob and cluttered with buttons. Now, they get rid of the huge wings that is designed for aero, 20" wheels and no red pinstripe for sportier look. Now, we have a civic sport w/ fender flares and huge wheel gaps. Thanks guys!:D
Kind of dilutes the R model. I appreciate how the US models stayed true to the intent of the R models by being a bare bones daily that was practical.

FriscoBrah

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
Does anyone know how many Civic Type R were made in 2019 in the Sonic Grey Pearl or where I can find the information? Also what is the Production number for total Type R by year?(2017, 2018, 2019) Thanks
Was a thread not enough and now you’re posting it in other threads???

Bodhizefa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR and CBP CR-V
Country flag
Kind of dilutes the R model. I appreciate how the US models stayed true to the intent of the R models by being a bare bones daily that was practical.
I actually believe this new design benefits everyone. Anybody who wants the Decepticon/Gundam-looking Type R can go for a 2017-2019 model, and someone who wants the subtler new styling can finally not be embarrassed about being in a car that they abhor the look of. I love the over-the-top styling of the '17-'19 models, but that's just me. I am sure that this new model is an answered prayer for some potential owners out there.

Ctr!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab
Country flag
I actually believe this new design benefits everyone. Anybody who wants the Decepticon/Gundam-looking Type R can go for a 2017-2019 model, and someone who wants the subtler new styling can finally not be embarrassed about being in a car that they abhor the look of. I love the over-the-top styling of the '17-'19 models, but that's just me. I am sure that this new model is an answered prayer for some potential owners out there.
First post on the forum but I wanted to say thank you for saying this. If honda releases this I will buy it for the exact reasons you mentioned.

kevv_FK8

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2022 Honda Pilot SE, 2013 Honda Civic
Country flag
if anyone would be embarrassed to drive the car I doubt a spoiler change does much difference...car still looks the same.

willskiGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #26262
Country flag
Yep. Spoilers kill lift. Wings create lift. Some people call some spoilers on cars "wings" because they look like wings. Others at least correctly call them "wing style spoilers" (or just spoilers).

If you don't care about stability, you could remove the spoilers from the CTR and theoretically it would be faster.
Uhhh, no.

Spoiler - redirects airflow on/around the vehicle's body, not always for negative lift, can be simply to reduce drag or to increase airflow over a certain component

Wing - directly trades drag for negative lift

Spoiler:
Honda Civic 10th gen FACE LIFT TYPE R SPOTTED? Check out the pic. What do you think? P964DCTL_1

Wing:

Honda Civic 10th gen FACE LIFT TYPE R SPOTTED? Check out the pic. What do you think? open-uri20120929-5426-wjtfie

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
Spoiler - redirects airflow on/around the vehicle's body, not always for negative lift, can be simply to reduce drag or to increase airflow over a certain component
Then it's not a spoiler. It's an air dam.

willskiGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #26262
Country flag
Then it's not a spoiler. It's an air dam.
You almost got it. An air dam is indeed a type of spoiler.

The purpose of a spoiler is (generally) to keep airflow on/around the car's body as laminar as possible.

A wing is designed to interact with as much as air as possible, laminar flow be damned.

The Civic Type R has both spoilers (strakes on the rear of the hatch, front air dam, lower flip up on the boot lid) and a rear wing.

Ctr!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab
Country flag
The change from a wing to a spoiler hardly changes the look of the car. Anyone who’s ‘embarrassed’ to drive a car likely has acceptance issues, a car won’t change that.
Why do I have to have acceptance issues if I don't like the wing? I'd rather not have a car that screams look at me whereas I like the rest of the car. It either looks good (the front) or is more tolerable (rear) with the spoiler and new updates.

As someone who would use this as a daily driver with autocross duty (I'm in Dallas like you and am not keen on driving all the way to Cresson for a track) I'd happily trade the aerodynamic benefits of the wing at high speed for a more amenable appearance.

I'm literally waiting for the 2020 announcement before I decide on a new car purchase. This updated car is my first choice and if it ends up being nothing more than a rumor I'm not sure what my second choice would be.

Pielo7

First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Country flag
Is that the " cheaper version they talk about in 2017?

We’re hoping that by gradually putting out more [variants] that we’ll be able to maintain a more stable sales volume,” he said.chief engineer Hideki Matsumoto

2019SiOldGuy

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Storm trooper Taco TRD 4x4, custom 3 wheel Hy Bird
Country flag
They went Si Sedan spoiler...changed the wheels to a very ugly design...and the rear and front grills are changed.....Honda is smart...they do very little and still raise the MSRP!!! LOL

2019SiOldGuy

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Storm trooper Taco TRD 4x4, custom 3 wheel Hy Bird
Country flag
My opinion is the Si Sedan sleek sexy look took into the design of the 2020 CTR.....The Taller rear spoiler blocks the blind spot on the CTR...The Sedan Si didnt have that problem.....Honda just making more:dance:
Sponsored