Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
What the fuck was Ocon thinking??
Fair question.

2 ways to look at it:

1) You (Ocon) were a backmarker, make room for the race leader, let him go and then resume your race.

2) You (Ocon) were a backmarker who was running faster than the race leader and tried to unlap yourself. You have the lead going into the outside of turn 1.. you maintain your line giving you the aprex into turn 2.. Max doesn't see that you are still "fighting" for your spot and turns into you.

If he was on the same lap, it would have been a "racing incident" and no penalties given. He is allowed to get his lap back, and in modern F1, that is either done through a brilliant pass in the corner or through the help of the DRS on the straight.

OP
OP
UFO CTR

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
I don't think Ocon's race pace is anything near Versttappen, even on Red tires, so Ocon should have gotten of the way, regardless!!
Even, if Ocon can un-lap himself, does that change anything? NO! He still running in the back! so why was it so important to un-lap himself????
There is no reason at all to be aggressive at their (Force India) stage of the race! So I think it is ABSOLUTE BS that (1) Mercedes driver just handed another Mercedes driver the race win, and subsequently the "Constructor's" Championship!!!
BS! Ocon / Racing Point Force India should be disqualify for what he did.

invader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Corolla Hatch SE 6-spd
Country flag

nickjohn35

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2017 PMM Typer R. Former: 2004 350Z
Country flag
Anyone notice Jeff Gordon hanging around the Mercedes garage the past few races? I know he’s always been a F1 fan, but does make me wonder.....

OP
OP
UFO CTR

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
Anyone notice Jeff Gordon hanging around the Mercedes garage the past few races? I know he’s always been a F1 fan, but does make me wonder.....
He's a huge F1 fan, and being in the racing world, he probably know half the people at the F1 Paddock :) I think Gordon did a car swap with with, then BMW Sauber, I think, Pablo Montoya (around late 90s?). I believe he did pretty good too, like within tenth of second of Montoya around the F1 circuit at Indy. So yeah, he's probably itching to jump into an F1 car again :)

nickjohn35

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2017 PMM Typer R. Former: 2004 350Z
Country flag
He's a huge F1 fan, and being in the racing world, he probably know half the people at the F1 Paddock :) I think Gordon did a car swap with with, then BMW Sauber, I think, Pablo Montoya (around late 90s?). I believe he did pretty good too, like within tenth of second of Montoya around the F1 circuit at Indy. So yeah, he's probably itching to jump into an F1 car again :)
Yeah, I remember all that! I guess with the NASCAR season over, he’s obviously not doing his commentary so why not travel with Mercedes?!

invader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Toto Wolff Makes Bold Prediction on Kubica

Honda Civic 10th gen F1 Talk Anyone? hzkubica1122-696x464

Robert Kubica kicked off the first day of preparations for the 2019 season, after covering 26 laps of the Yas Marina track. He announced that this is his last chance to test a few things that Williams still wanted to check.

We did what we had planned – he said after the session. – The results were as we expected, but of course it is better to have them in the data and charts, so that later you can better calculate everything and assess certain situations for the next year. The plan was made, after four months of break driving was not easy, but overall the feeling was fine, so it’s okay.

But does the data show that next year’s Williams will be faster than the current one? That’s a hundred points question – Robert laughs. – It is difficult to predict what will happen in the future, but we must do everything we can from our side and provide as much data as possible from the factory track. Of course, I would prefer to ride a much better rhythm, but sometimes you have to sacrifice these fives to make it better. Let’s hope it will be better.

I am looking forward to the tests on which we hope to do a good job – says Kubica. -There are many things to test. It is important to implement the entire program and hopefully it will happen. Pirelli imports new tires and you need to get to know this specification, because in just two weeks we have to choose tires not only for winter tests in Barcelona, but also for the first four Grand Prix. This is a very important test in this respect and we hope that everything will be good in this respect and we will execute our program.

Honda Civic 10th gen F1 Talk Anyone? kubica-williams-696x392

Kubica in the Williams

Kubica is already focused on a specific job, but the story of his return is still alive in the Yas Marina paddock and in other corners of the motorsport world. One of the comments was posted on Twitter by former teammate Nick Heidfeld: “Big congratulations to my former team partner for returning with Williams. Again, I will be watching F1 more often . ” Kubica as a magnet for Heidfeld, attracting him to watch F1? They have not played this yet.

Mercedes team principal, Toto Wolff, believes that in 2019, Kubica could catch the attention of better teams in the paddock. The Mercedes boss stresses that everyone – obviously beyond Williams – must be confident that Robert is able to meet the challenges of driving a car.

Wolff said: – I think if Robert is able to drive at the highest level, develop Williams and accelerate the car, be strong compared to George Russell, then again, big teams may be interested in it and say, “Okay – we can see that he can still do it, no problem with his hand. ” Everything is possible.

– If Robert blows George in every session and suddenly Williams’ car will be in the eighth position, not eighteenth, I assure you that every big team will look at Robert and ask if he wants to ride for them.

Asked about the current situation of Williams and the chances of digging out of the hole, Wolff described Kubica’s advantages, which also counts Claire Williams. – At the beginning of the season it was clear that their car did not behave as it should, it was very difficult to drive –says the head of Mercedes.– Robert also talked about it. However, I think that Paddy Lowe and his people started working on the new car for the 2019 season very early and the next year’s car will be much faster than this year’s. Robert will also contribute to the development of the car.

I do not think he loses anything of his speed, he is still crazy. He also has excellent technical skills. Already, his contribution to the band is very large, but it looks different, of course, if you do not race. When he rides, his approach to the team will be very critical. If you need it, tell them that the car is real shit and where you need to improve. We love Robert for that. It’s a great thing for the team.

https://www.essentiallysports.com/toto-wolff-bold-prediction-kubica/

invader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nov 27- On the first day of Abu Dhabi's post-season test, Williams drivers Kubica and Russell were split by 0.243 in Kubica's favour with 10 fewer laps.

Times
1. Vettel, Ferrari, 1:36.812, 69 laps
2. Bottas, Mercedes, 1:37.231, 120 laps
3. Stroll, Force India, 1:37.415, 56 laps
4. Verstappen, Red Bull, 1:37.947, 133 laps
5. Perez, Force India, 1:37.976, 67 laps
6. Norris, McLaren, 1:38.187, 136 laps
7. Hulkenberg, Renault, 1:38.789, 128 laps
8. Fittipaldi, Haas, 1:39.201, 55 laps
9. Kubica, Williams, 1:39.269, 32 laps
10. Russell, Williams, 1:39.512, 42 laps
11. Raikkonen, Sauber, 1:39.878, 102 laps
12. Gelael, Toro Rosso, 1:40.435, 150 laps

https://www.planetf1.com/news/vettel-tops-the-timings-after-day-1-of-tyre-test/

http://www.espn.com.au/f1/story/_/i...-abu-dhabi-test-kimi-raikkonen-returns-sauber

Sponsored

Last edited: