OP
UFO CTR

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
Guys, that Charles Leclerc kid will be an F1 Champion one day!! With just a Sauber, this kid is already consistantly running in Q2 and Q3 and finishing top 10 in the points! man with a better car, this kid will be off the hook! of course, we have to consider Verstappen as well!! I bet there be some good racing next season in F1! :)

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Bring in the new stock. Hopefully next season will be far more exciting in terms of racing for the championship. Even Hammy was pissed off about the team order to get him the win but both Mercedes driver's and Vettel said they all understood the decision.

nickjohn35

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2017 PMM Typer R. Former: 2004 350Z
Country flag
Few thoughts:

- I’m not a Hamilton fan, but the guy will go down as one of the greatest and has the chance to beat Schumi’s records. I just wish he wasn’t a cry baby sometimes.

- Ferrari keep shooting themselves in the foot. Their race strategies this year and last have been horrible. Hats off to Mercedes.

- Vettel breaks under pressure. I feel Hamilton welcomes it and thrives under it.

- Verstappen is an animal. The kid has no fear. I hope Honda and Red Bull have some success next year.

Can’t wait to see the battle between LeClerc and Vettel at Ferrari next year.

OP
OP
UFO CTR

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
Few thoughts:

- I’m not a Hamilton fan, but the guy will go down as one of the greatest and has the chance to beat Schumi’s records. I just wish he wasn’t a cry baby sometimes.

- Ferrari keep shooting themselves in the foot. Their race strategies this year and last have been horrible. Hats off to Mercedes.

- Vettel breaks under pressure. I feel Hamilton welcomes it and thrives under it.

- Verstappen is an animal. The kid has no fear. I hope Honda and Red Bull have some success next year.

Can’t wait to see the battle between LeClerc and Vettel at Ferrari next year.
Hammy is more "mature" compare to Vettel. Leclerc will not only battle Vettel, but Mercedes as well, so watch out MBZ!

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
As we saw, every team clearly has a #1 and a #2, with the exception of McLaren. As a result, LeClerc will learn he is #2. Should he cause issues I would love to be a fly on the wall of those team meetings!

Bottas and Mercedes learned, just like barichello/schumacher at Indy years ago, that Team Orders are the direct opposite of Fans desires. They hurt the racing for the fan/spectator. No one wants to see someone have to surrender a well deserved victory for their teamate's benefit. In the end, Mercedes gets the same number of Constructor points no matter who wins.. but clearly the Team is behind Hamilton getting his 5th championship. It also made clear that while Mercedes likes Bottas, he's clearly #2 at the team.

I agree with the above comments about Hamilton being better than Vettel. He's matured quite a bit but just holds his composure so much better than the "whiney" German. How many times has Hamilton suffered during qualifying to end up last on the grid and still charge to a podium, and at the same time, we hear Vettel whine about others and then throw away races while in the lead.

OP
OP
UFO CTR

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
ok, let's talk team order...what do you guys think?
I personally do not like team controlled team order (like what Mercedes asked Bottas to do).
However, if Bottas himself, while leading the race, wants to let Hammy pass, then that is ok, but not a fan when the team tells Bottas.

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
The issue without a team order is like we saw with Hamilton/Alonso (McLaren), Prost/Senna (McLaren) and more recently, Ocon/Perez at Force India, or Vettel/Webber at Red Bull.

In the end, the teams (manufacturers) don't want their million dollar cars wrecked. Team orders help stabilize that issue. The TEAM is greater than its parts and will last longer than a driver. the TEAM wants to win the constructors championship and the corresponding millions of dollars.. I don't like when Team orders come into play, especially at the cost of the Fan getting the winner they want. It plays out poorly on radio and tv, but it makes sense to why they exist.

This most recent example would have been more compelling if Hamilton and Bottas were closer in points and both battling for the championship (ala Hamilton and Rosberg a few years ago) where neither would give way to the other.

civicdabest-foo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic x 1.5L turbo CVT
Country flag
Not to derail the current momentum of the convo, but want to point out the not so obvious... the corporation that made the motor on my Touring also supplies engines for 2 F1 teams, the motors for the dual sport bikes that run through deserts in the Dakar race, the motors for race quads, dirt bikes, MotoGP, Indy cars..... I feel like I'm driving a car with a motor made by a corporation that knows how to build them.:beer:

Oh, generators too, and also the standalone V twins that can be used to power woodchipping equipment :headbang:

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How is it not obvious that Honda supplies engines for F1 teams? The only team that is using Honda engines right now is Torro Rosso at the moment. Next year it will be Red Bull and TR.

Anyway, Gasly almost killed Hamster in FP1 btw.

Last edited:

OP
OP
UFO CTR

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
How is it not obvious that Honda supplies engines for F1 teams? The only team that is using Honda engines right now is Torro Rosso at the moment. Next year it will be Red Bull and TR.

Anyway, Gasly almost killed Hamster in FP1 btw.
yea I saw how fast hammy closed in on Gasly...that was f-ing close!! :)