OP
UFO CTR

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
He'll probably be moving faster on the court than in the car anyway. And more chance of finishing a match than a race. The glory days of McLaren seem a very long time ago now.
:hmm:
Let hope they are not down for a long time.
Sponsored

Vaders CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 CLA 45 AMG & '22 Ariel Atom 4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am a F1 fan as well. I recorded the practice session as well as all the races, I'll watch the practice session tonight:)

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Passport Elite, '16 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
Country flag
I love F1. I don't love that Honda sucks right now though.

shakedown94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #8479. Past cars - 80 Civic,97 Civic,87 Integra,94 Integra,94 Civic,00 Integra,12 Hyundai Accent
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am a F1 fan as well. I recorded the practice session as well as all the races, I'll watch the practice session tonight:)
same here. practice, quali, and races

Biggeek55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW Type R, 2019 Accord 2.0 Touring, 2017 Hatch Sport Touring, 2015 Civic SI
Country flag
I've been a fan for quite a few years years, but my son (21) is a HUGE fan.

invader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Corolla Hatch SE 6-spd
Country flag
:thumbsup: Renault confirmed on Thursday that Robert Kubica, 32, will now take part in a second test "to assess his capabilities to return to the highest level of competition," the French team said in a statement.
The test will take place at France's Circuit Paul Ricard -- home to the 2018 French Grand Prix -- at an as yet unspecified date.
Kubica's F1 career was cut short following a serious rally crash in February 2011 which resulted in him requiring a partial amputation of his right forearm.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/headlines/2017/7/f1-kubica-renault-extensive-second-test.html

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/07/06/motorsport/robert-kubica-poland-goodwood-f1-renault/index.html

Last edited:

OP
OP
UFO CTR

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
:thumbsup: Renault confirmed on Thursday that Robert Kubica, 32, will now take part in a second test "to assess his capabilities to return to the highest level of competition," the French team said in a statement.
The test will take place at France's Circuit Paul Ricard -- home to the 2018 French Grand Prix -- at an as yet unspecified date.
Kubica's F1 career was cut short following a serious rally crash in February 2011 which resulted in him requiring a partial amputation of his right forearm.
Not sure he can do better than Palmer, tho. Might be better tapping into the junior program?

invader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not sure he can do better than Palmer, tho. Might be better tapping into the junior program?
LOL I hope you're kidding... Otherwise, I have to assume you're not familiar with Kubica's huge talent, and Palmer's appalling lack of.

This is actually great news for Formula 1, even though Kubica's speed and racecraft is still feared by all of the best in F1, including Hamilton.

Alonso: Why Kubica is best of a generation

http://www.planetf1.com/news/alonso-why-kubica-is-best-of-a-generation/

OP
OP
UFO CTR

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
LOL I hope you're kidding... Otherwise, I have to assume you're not familiar with Kubica's huge talent, and Palmer's appalling lack of.

This is actually great news for Formula 1, even though Kubica's speed and racecraft is still feared by all of the best in F1, including Hamilton.

Alonso: Why Kubica is best of a generation

http://www.planetf1.com/news/alonso-why-kubica-is-best-of-a-generation/
Understood...my thinking is just being await from the team and equipment for 5 years has a huge impact. Some people just never "regain their old form". I think a lot of the F1 drivers are talented. Look at Wehrlein & Ocon; these two are proof that younger driver can be just as capable...just don't understand why Renault would want to look to the past.

invader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Understood...my thinking is just being await from the team and equipment for 5 years has a huge impact. Some people just never "regain their old form". I think a lot of the F1 drivers are talented. Look at Wehrlein & Ocon; these two are proof that younger driver can be just as capable...just don't understand why Renault would want to look to the past.
Actually, Kubica never stopped racing, mostly in WRC... Look at how well Räikkönen performed after two years away competing in WRC, and he's still there at age 36. Renault are obviously highly interested in Kubica's return with their intensive testing program.

Robert Kubica believes he’s in better physical condition than ever before and can now drive a Formula 1 car ‘without limitations’.

Kubica: I've never been so fit - Read Motorsport

Kubica says he can drive F1 car "without any limitations"

invader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sky Sports speaks to the only journalist present last month when Robert Kubica returned to F1.

"I can honestly say it's the most thrilling day that I've spent as a journalist watching F1."

"There was a level of quiet expectation going into it, but nobody really knew what would happen with Robert," Rowlinson told Sky F1. "Obviously he prepared, the Renault team had some simulator work with him, but nobody really knew until he got on track."

"I was watching from the garage and after one lap you could sense the feeling throughout the garage of 'oh my god, he's still totally got it'. There was that moment of realization that still, despite the injury, and a very long and tortured rehabilitation process, he was still fully capable of driving a Formula 1 car at proper speed. You could feel it in the garage. From there the whole tone of the day changed from just being about putting Robert in the car to the sense that they are actually evaluating him properly."

"The day before, Renault reserve driver Sergey Sirotkin had lapped a similar E20 (the car with which, in Lotus livery, Kimi Raikkonen won the 2012 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix) here in 1min 14.6s. Kubica pops in a 1min 14.27s at one point during his morning run without apparent effort."

The story of Robert Kubica's F1 return - and being trackside... | F1 News
Sponsored

Last edited: