Extremely High Knock Control on Stage 2 Dual W/ 94 octane?!? Unsafe? [HB Sport Touring CVT]

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
Hi , me and my friend bought ktuner v1.2 and tunerview. We got a si 2017 and 2018 sport hactback 2018 both running dual mode starter / 21.5 .
We are living in montreal and I always gaz on Petro-Canada 94 . We have both 0.49 knock control on 94 and sometimes when I refuel my si I'm getting 0.51. I just found it's depend on the gaz batch and the octane. My friend last week just put a random 91 octane and we just saw a bumb to 0.59 knock control . So those turbo like those High octane and more when u are tuned !

Maybe u should try to reflash it first.

Good luck with ur tune !
Sponsored

Last edited:

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Another Canadian cvt with problem on the ktuner tune
What does his knock control have to do with your ewg issue? I'm not seeing the connection.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Another Canadian cvt with problem on the ktuner tune
Its quite clear now that 1) you have no idea what you are talking about and 2) you're just out to trash ktuner for no reason other than you have no idea what you are talking about

bnb0523

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I had a 2016 EX-T and filling up with Petro Canada 94Ultra for 1yr and 3mos approx 20,000kms using KTuner/TSP and never did I see my KCON go up more than .65.

HTH

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Its quite clear now that 1) you have no idea what you are talking about and 2) you're just out to trash ktuner for no reason other than you have no idea what you are talking about
I think he's possibly referring to his last datalog where his knock control was in the low .80's.

But, like I tried to tell him, that high number had nothing to do with the tune or KTuner. He was doing one WOT pull after another and not letting it settle back down.

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
I’m thinking Papayank has two throttle positions... fully 100% throttle and full lift. I’m surprised that drob sent him some fixes when he has a wastegate issue.... gotta problem? A tuner can make it go away....

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I’m thinking Papayank has two throttle positions... fully 100% throttle and full lift.
That's a valid point.

OP
OP
vancitysfinest
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I had a 2016 EX-T and filling up with Petro Canada 94Ultra for 1yr and 3mos approx 20,000kms using KTuner/TSP and never did I see my KCON go up more than .65.

HTH
The conclusion was that the gas in western Canada, specifically Vancouver, is shit.

I confirmed it with a buddy of mine who also runs Stage 2 on a sedan, his knock is worse than mine.

Unfortunately we are SOL

bnb0523

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
The conclusion was that the gas in western Canada, specifically Vancouver, is shit.

I confirmed it with a buddy of mine who also runs Stage 2 on a sedan, his knock is worse than mine.

Unfortunately we are SOL
No idea it was that bad in the west end. Fortunately here in Toronto even the Shell and Costco 91 gives me good kcon reading.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Actually you're overshooting boost in the factory logs as well. As I mentioned in one of the many threads you're posting in regarding this, it wouldn't be as bad since there's less boost being targeted and the ECU is already pulling back for torque management.
Sponsored