cjackgo
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I met with THE top guy for this at my dealer 3 years ago and we had an in depth conversation about this and he let me know that it just is not worth doing. Apparently the wiring harness is unique to each car and messing with it is problematic. Finding an electric seat for an EXT is doable, but the install is an issue. If you find a way. please let us all know, I'd still like to have the near infinite possible combinations and the ability to move the seat so easily while driving. Thx.
Sponsored

Sheervic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic
Country flag
I met with THE top guy for this at my dealer 3 years ago and we had an in depth conversation about this and he let me know that it just is not worth doing. Apparently the wiring harness is unique to each car and messing with it is problematic. Finding an electric seat for an EXT is doable, but the install is an issue. If you find a way. please let us all know, I'd still like to have the near infinite possible combinations and the ability to move the seat so easily while driving. Thx.
Ok fill me in please, just ordered the two front seats on Ebay. I dont know if they were from a touring or an exl, I'm guessing I can plug in the srs plug if the same and just run the harness of the motor and add a fuse to power. In your conversation with the tech was this ever mentioned?

ulieq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Coupe 2019
Country flag
I am considering asking my service dept at my dealer to quote me to swap out the manual driver's seat for the fully electric one, but I want to keep my cloth upholstery seat, just the electric base is what I need changed. Any thoughts, advise, experience, warnings????
Thanks in advance.
Stay away from honda electric seats. They last like half a year before they squeak like crazy.

Sheervic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic
Country flag
Need more comfort, tested a touring and love the seats. Going to attempt to swap, the plugs all look the same too.

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Many years ago I had a trim shop add power to a passenger side seat. The car had a cloth split front bench seat with power on the driver's side. The shop located a used power passenger seat & used it's frame & mechanicals and added the wiring to supply power. The original seat covering was used so everything matched.

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
On my old car (the Galant) I've done a seat swap just like this, swapped in a pair of black leather seats from the Eclipse, the driver side is powered with airbag, while my original is cloth manual without airbag.
I assume the power needed to operate the seat motor is gonna be more demanding than just adding some aftermarket illuminations, so my mechanic ran the wire under the carpet, drilled a hole through the firewall (there's probably a better way to pass through that), added a circuit breaker in between, and tapped it right onto the battery. When done properly it works just fine. So, as long as you can figure out the right power source, it shouldn't be too hard to swap the seats...
(I didn't hook up the seat airbags since my system didn't have that)
Sponsored