Exhaust system to improve sound without compromising emissions?

Valkyria90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 Sedan 1.5L Turbo
Country flag
I own a 2017 Civic 1.5T sedan with the CVT.
After doing some research I decided against purchasing a high flow cat downpipe, due to the draconic emission laws in my country.
Still, I feel like I want a little more "feel" out of my exhaust note than the quiet and comfortable stock note.
I am new to modifying exhausts systems, and I honestly do not know what brands, nor what segments of my exhaust I should modify to get the note I am after.

What I am looking for:
Something to give the stock exhaust note a bit deeper and slightly louder sound, without compromising emissions.
The car is still my daily driver, so I don't want something that radically changes the sound to the point that it's no longer comfortable to take the car for long drives and commutes.
Does any one have any tips for what I should modify to achieve this? Any parts you suggest needs to be available for international shipping to Norway.

Thank you all :)
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Any aftermarket catback exhaust should work since your are leaving the stock emission components intact.

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Your best option is to get a OEM Fk8 exhaust and you can alter that to fit the sedan. It gives a better sportier sound and stil is OEM Honda and you have a larger size exhaust also.
That's what i'm going to do for my sedan.The type r rear mufflers are smaller then the sedans so that Will give the increased sound.
Sponsored