JN259

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E90 3 series soon to be replaced
Country flag
This is a fairly generic post but felt I needed to reach out for some advice from the community. My build plan at this point is targeting an appearance of “OEM+” . By that I mean what I think the car, optimized to look like the best version of itself from the factory would look like. Some examples of that are a moderate tint, black roof wrap l, LED or HID retrofit on the headlights, maybe HFP body kit. Nothing too extreme, just designed to give a clean but improved look. The part that is stymieing me right now is the exhaust. I would really like to do two things but I am not sure how complex the implementation would be. In a perfect world I’d have quad tip exhaust exiting in pairs out the fake rear vents. I think that would take care of the rear, and give a nice look overall. Some of the obstacles with this goal is that I’m not sure what kind of heat considerations need to be made for the rear bumper cover with the relocated pipes, more what the complexity of piping required to relocated the exhaust exit would be. Also, not sure what kind of price a shop would charge for this. I don’t reallt see this one as a diy as I don’t have a pipe bender or the welding skills required.

The last adjustment id make is an electronic cutout/bypass on the exhaust. Will be putting on a PRL catless DP/FP and would like the option to run a quiet and a.... not quiet exhaust. Electronic bypass seems to be a good option and a not too terribly expensive. However, my perfect goal would be to wire it to actuate with the sport mode button as I’m adjusting my tunes to have a more heavy divide between sport and normal and this is in line with that. Any thoughts on this one would be enjoyed
Sponsored