Exedy Clutch, how much longer?

Dy2_Str33t_King

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White Civic Si Sedan
So I have read and have seen a lot of people looking for an alternative to the FX series clutches that are available right now. I am as well. So the question I know that's been going through many of their head is, when will we see Exedy produce a clutch for us?

Maybe the question we should ask is, has anyone contacted them to see if they are working on a clutch for our 1.5T? I'm just a nobody so I'm sure I would get little info from them if I was to ask, but there has to be someone here with a little connection or power within the scene that could ask Exedy or kind of give them a push to produce this for us. Not saying the option currently available is bad, but I've ran Exedy in my last 3 cars and had EXCELLENT results with them. They are an amazing clutch company and after running a Stage 1 clutch on 320whp without a slip for 2 years.......I'm sold on them.

So if anyone out there can get some info or has any info on this, for us wanting and waiting for an Exedy clutch, please shine some light here or help us get the push we need to get these things going!
Sponsored

tehSteve

GrayBeard McGootch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Country flag
I'm hoping that ACT comes up with something as well.
The ACT-ME1-HDSS held 510trq and it literally was easiest clutch to daily in the world. Like no issues in NYC/Jersey traffic.
Wouldn't even be able to tell it was after market other than the ever so slightest increase in pedal pressure.
The clutch of choice for the Evo8-10 community that didn't want to go twindisk.

OP
OP
Dy2_Str33t_King

Dy2_Str33t_King

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White Civic Si Sedan
The ACT-ME1-HDSS held 510trq and it literally was easiest clutch to daily in the world. Like no issues in NYC/Jersey traffic.
Wouldn't even be able to tell it was after market other than the ever so slightest increase in pedal pressure.
Never ran an ACT clutch but that's exactly the way it was with the exedy stage 1. I guess if ACT came out with one first I might try it.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Very interested in this as well. Looking at the fx400 for my build. But I don't like the side affects

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
So the question I know that's been going through many of their head is, when will we see Exedy produce a clutch for us?

Maybe the question we should ask is, has anyone contacted them to see if they are working on a clutch for our 1.5T?
Our Civic Si's come from the factory with EXEDY clutches. :)

DrwMDvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan, 2000 Honda Civic
Country flag
On my '00 civic with a b16a2, I purchased a Competition Clutch stage 2 carbon kevlar. LOVE that clutch. I've never had any problems with it and it felt great. I'd personally wait for something from them in the future.

ElementalHonda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe, 2010 Accord Crosstour, 2008 Civic LX Coupe(Totaled), 2005 Acura TL(Sold), 1996 Accord EX Coupe
Country flag

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
I suspect the Si Exedy is the same one that is in all of the non-Type-R M/Ts. They definitely need to get that Stage 1 ready for the Si. We need the extra hold, even for a stock engine.

wopsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Would like to see one as well. Not too impressed with Exedy as they had issues with their throw bearings in the street clutch kits and weaker oem supplied ones for our cars. I hope their stage 1 can prove me wrong.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'll just say we have some good stuff to look forward to from Exedy.