EX-T Manual vs Si

sesty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
test drove the Si, Sport Hatch, and Ex-T a few times each before sticking with the Si...

I personally didnt care for the cheese grater rims on the Ex-T.. also leather wheel and shift knob in the Si feel much nicer than the plastic-y ones in the Ex-T. Gas is still pretty cheap in NJ it also helps to not look at the pump or receipt after filling up.

A plus for the Ex-T i think you actually get a spare tire... as you know NJ roads get bad in the Winter.
Sponsored

raynist

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Cosmic Blue Civic EX-T Manual
Country flag
test drove the Si, Sport Hatch, and Ex-T a few times each before sticking with the Si...

I personally didnt care for the cheese grater rims on the Ex-T.. also leather wheel and shift knob in the Si feel much nicer than the plastic-y ones in the Ex-T. Gas is still pretty cheap in NJ it also helps to not look at the pump or receipt after filling up.

A plus for the Ex-T i think you actually get a spare tire... as you know NJ roads get bad in the Winter.
EX-T manual comes with a leather steering wheel and shift knob starting in 2018.

I went with the EX-T because of the softer ride over terrible PA roads.

sesty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
EX-T manual comes with a leather steering wheel and shift knob starting in 2018.

I went with the EX-T because of the softer ride over terrible PA roads.
Lol I drove in eastern PA the other day love the roads... there’s actual curves and hills! Coastal NJ is all right angles and flat

raynist

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Cosmic Blue Civic EX-T Manual
Country flag
Lol I drove in eastern PA the other day love the roads... there’s actual curves and hills! Coastal NJ is all right angles and flat
I am in western PA, bigger hills and curves than eastern and lots of potholes!

The EX-T still handles better than the Fit I traded in (2015)

luckytom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue 2018 Civic EX-T 6 Speed
Country flag
:goodpost:

Totally forgot about that. At the time I didn't know that the 2016-2017 EX-T models did not come with a leather steering wheel or shift knob because all of the ones I'd been in had them.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
I am in western PA, bigger hills and curves than eastern and lots of potholes!
Yeah every time we have driven between GA and upstate NY/Vermont, PA was the most distinct/easily identifiable state across the entire Eastern US because of those. The good (?) thing about those roads it's that no matter how tired you are, it's impossible to fall asleep behind the wheel, because you're too busy cringing at every big one you failed to avoid, and praying the suspension will make it through this torturous abuse... :)
Sponsored