EX-T Emission, Brake, VSA, EPS problem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex-T
Country flag
Forgot to describe my vehicles issue. It is similar to yours but mine happened after I finished a turn. It felt as if the brake hold was holding me back. I actually went home and removed the negative terminal and the codes went away. I'll post back later to follow up if it comes back and to check to see if anyone had this again. SoMe one mentioned that the issue was because of low voltage and I could see how that is possible. When I let off the clutch I feel the headlights dim.
Sponsored

peterletran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe 6MT
I have 22,000 miles on my car. This issue has never happened before, but today after downshifting a manual ex-t coupe, it threw all these codes at one time with no warning. I haven't tried removing the battery terminal yet, but I have a secondary battery in the trunk and 0 gauge copper clad aluminum from battery to back battery. This doesn't make any sense. The only thing I can think of is, after putting airbags on, I didn't secure or inspect the wheel speed sensors, but that wouldn't really make any sense either, because I've had the same wheels on it for a few thousand miles already. I'm not taking it to the stealership, cuz I just can't afford to pay for a diagnostic or even the repair ... and I already know they're going to blame it on my catless downpipe, my diy power system, stereo or air bag setup. I know they are. I have a few different volt meters in my car, and it typically reads at around 14.1 - 14.5 volts at all times.

peterletran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just reflashed my ecu with my previous tune, and it looks like it went away, for now.

silverwen1995

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic
Is there any update on this issue? I have the same issue, and the dealer simply reset the ECU and did a software upgrade, claiming it is just a software glitch. But after 20 days (~100 miles) the issue go back again. Mine is a civic 2017 new car, with 600 miles.

jrac0202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Civic LX, 2016 Civic EX
Is there any update on this issue? I have the same issue, and the dealer simply reset the ECU and did a software upgrade, claiming it is just a software glitch. But after 20 days (~100 miles) the issue go back again. Mine is a civic 2017 new car, with 600 miles.
I have 22,000 miles on my car. This issue has never happened before, but today after downshifting a manual ex-t coupe, it threw all these codes at one time with no warning. I haven't tried removing the battery terminal yet, but I have a secondary battery in the trunk and 0 gauge copper clad aluminum from battery to back battery. This doesn't make any sense. The only thing I can think of is, after putting airbags on, I didn't secure or inspect the wheel speed sensors, but that wouldn't really make any sense either, because I've had the same wheels on it for a few thousand miles already. I'm not taking it to the stealership, cuz I just can't afford to pay for a diagnostic or even the repair ... and I already know they're going to blame it on my catless downpipe, my diy power system, stereo or air bag setup. I know they are. I have a few different volt meters in my car, and it typically reads at around 14.1 - 14.5 volts at all times.
Same problem I have. Went to Honda dealership informed me that the head gasket was cracked causing one cylinder to misfire the proper timing. Therefore, dealership 75 % of the repair. I think American Honda knew this problem beforehand, they just dont want a mass panic to all Honda Civic owners. This is a recall Issue. I filed one, called American Honda and informed them my car problem. They need to fix this ASAP. To all Civic owners file this claim issue, otherwise our Civic is another Lemon or piece of bad engineering.

jrac0202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Civic LX, 2016 Civic EX
Same problem I have. Went to Honda dealership informed me that the head gasket was cracked causing one cylinder to misfire the proper timing. Therefore, dealership 75 % of the repair. I think American Honda knew this problem beforehand, they just dont want a mass panic to all Honda Civic owners. This is a recall Issue. I filed one, called American Honda and informed them my car problem. They need to fix this ASAP. To all Civic owners file this claim issue, otherwise our Civic is another Lemon or piece of bad engineering.

peterletran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got my car back about 2 months ago after Honda warrantied a blown engine.
I haven't had any electronic issues. I got the car back at about 25.5k miles.
I currently have about 27.5k miles on it.
After the car being down for about 6 months, I've decided to no longer red line the vehicle (EVER)!
I, also, don't typically reach full boost on a daily basis.
I've gotta admit. The car just isn't the same as new with a rebuilt motor.
Nevertheless, I'm gonna try my best to take care of it and make it last, this time around.

MDSI

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Good evening. Looks like I may have a similar problem. Started my 17 SI coupe this afternoon & the check engine light came on for the "Emissions system problem" I turned it off & waited a couple of hours. Later when I turned it on, now the Check engine, brake system, brake hold system, EPS, VSA, and hill start assist lights are coming on. Civic has almost 11 thousand miles on it and the only modification I did was to change out the shift knob. Trying to decide if I should try driving it to work (at a body shop) Monday and scan it, or just have Honda tow it (still under free towing) to the dealer. Any and all thoughts would be appreciated.

Honda Civic 10th gen EX-T Emission, Brake, VSA, EPS problem IMG-1914.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen EX-T Emission, Brake, VSA, EPS problem IMG-1916.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen EX-T Emission, Brake, VSA, EPS problem IMG-1917.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen EX-T Emission, Brake, VSA, EPS problem IMG-1918.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen EX-T Emission, Brake, VSA, EPS problem IMG-1919.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen EX-T Emission, Brake, VSA, EPS problem IMG-1920.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen EX-T Emission, Brake, VSA, EPS problem IMG-1921.JPG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex-T
Country flag
Happened to me, its probably electrical related when voltage gets low. (I was learning to drive stick, sometimes I'd let the clutch out too quickly and the engine would almost stall giving me this error) Go ahead and remove the negative terminal and put it back on and forget it ever happened. Unless you're overly cautious then take it in

MDSI

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Happened to me, its probably electrical related when voltage gets low. (I was learning to drive stick, sometimes I'd let the clutch out too quickly and the engine would almost stall giving me this error) Go ahead and remove the negative terminal and put it back on and forget it ever happened. Unless you're overly cautious then take it in
Okay, I’ll give that a try & post back.

MDSI

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sorry about getting back on here so late. So kinda embarrassing that I didn’t notice it when I opened the hood (my only excuse is that it was dark out) but it appears that some rodents chewed through wiring & plastic :( so right now it’s at Honda waiting for a Geico adjuster to come take a look. I’ve heard that tying mothballs around one of the hood hinges should help keep them away?

Honda Civic 10th gen EX-T Emission, Brake, VSA, EPS problem D0027D0D-5CEF-404D-B31B-8362D5F0BAB0

Honda Civic 10th gen EX-T Emission, Brake, VSA, EPS problem 111B341E-56E3-4359-811C-62625A9F682D

Honda Civic 10th gen EX-T Emission, Brake, VSA, EPS problem FF1DF66F-7F86-4833-A241-FD8224117DED

Honda Civic 10th gen EX-T Emission, Brake, VSA, EPS problem CAC64036-789B-4605-BEE2-B85834B73047

Honda Civic 10th gen EX-T Emission, Brake, VSA, EPS problem FFBF745B-EB70-41D4-8866-72F89623C5F6

Honda Civic 10th gen EX-T Emission, Brake, VSA, EPS problem 61A2B15A-2CDB-4C9D-9DD4-240A4A0D6409

Honda Civic 10th gen EX-T Emission, Brake, VSA, EPS problem 3916858A-EB3B-43B5-A56E-BC0812470C14

Civic17siYAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Hi Yall,

Currently sitting at the dealership now with the same issue. About a month ago all my warning lights came on. (Emissions, brake problems, VSA etc) would turn off and on on a weekly basis. Car drove fine, no noticable problems despite all the warning lights. Ill update everyone when they figure out whats wrong. Bought the car in april brand new and currently have 55k miles on it.

Civic17siYAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Just heard back. Apparently it was a "software issue" which caused all the codes to pop up. Said they are going to do a update and everything should be fine.

MDSI

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just heard back. Apparently it was a "software issue" which caused all the codes to pop up. Said they are going to do a update and everything should be fine.
Are they charging u?

Civic17siYAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Are they charging u?
They tried to charge me 80 something as a "diagnosis fee" but said the software update itself will be covered by Honda. I voiced my disappointment with this and they decided not to charge me for anything.
That being said, Its a good thing they didnt charge me because upon leaving the dealership all my warning lights came back on within 10 minutes of driving. I spoke with them again this morning and will be dropping the car off on sunday.
Sponsored