Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I'm deciding between the EX-T and the EX-L sedan. I don't mind cloth seats at all but the idea of cloth on the center and door armrests bothers me. Will it hold up? My last few cars have had leather steering wheels and shift knobs so I prefer that to plastic. The power driver seat and auto dimming mirror are nice but no biggie.

Is the EX-L worth the $1,500 price difference? The Touring is just a little too much money.

Best quote I have on the EX-T is $20,600 plus tax. Best price on the EX-L is $22,000 plus tax.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Sponsored

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I agree, I am finally in the market for a 2016 Civic and the cloth seems very cheap on the arm resting areas and the back seat. The Ext should have leather wrapped steering also. Just expected to be a little more sportier.

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport and 2013 370Z sport
Vehicle Showcase
I'm deciding between the EX-T and the EX-L sedan. I don't mind cloth seats at all but the idea of cloth on the center and door armrests bothers me. Will it hold up? My last few cars have had leather steering wheels and shift knobs so I prefer that to plastic. The power driver seat and auto dimming mirror are nice but no biggie.

Is the EX-L worth the $1,500 price difference? The Touring is just a little too much money.

Best quote I have on the EX-T is $20,600 plus tax. Best price on the EX-L is $22,000 plus tax.

Thanks for your help in advance.
I have the EX-L definitely think worth because of leather which I prefer..It's really nice inside and leather will hold up much better. I don't see the point peeps get cloth interior then want to buy seat covers and they never look that custom so what's the point..JMHO..It's all a personal choice really:D.. Another option would be to find out how much to redo cloth interior with leather..I think you'll find getting the exl would be cheaper route...cost me $500 to do the upholstered stripes in the interior and used marina boat leather.. However, that was a good deal...

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have leather in my GTI and though it's nice, it's also not the best in the summer time here in Texas. Seriously. So far, I'm loving the cloth seats in my Civic though I miss having a leather wrapped steering wheel. The bolstering in the GTI is premium and also wish the seats were more supportive in the Civic. But based on the pics of the Si model, that's been resolved.

Ant918

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
I have an EX T and I can tell you this much, while the cloth is nice, the armrests do feel quite abrasive and I notice they're both starting to fade. If given the opportunity I would definitely go back to leather(previous car had leather).

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Maybe you could custom the leather arm rests.

I have an EX T and I can tell you this much, while the cloth is nice, the armrests do feel quite abrasive and I notice they're both starting to fade. If given the opportunity I would definitely go back to leather(previous car had leather).

16extsense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T with Sensing
Country flag
I don't love the cloth on the armrests either.

I have an EX-T with Sensing. After 3000 mile experience, if I could turn back the time, I would get the EX-L no Sensing ($500 more). I don't see much value of Sensing either.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Had tennis practice yesterday in the Texas heat (that's redundant) and had to boogie so no time to change into dry clothes. I'm glad the seats were cloth but wish the console was leather or pleather or whatever since I could feel my sweat soaking into the fabric. Quickly grabbed my towel and placed it over the console: problem solved. BTW, leather in Texas heat (that's redundant, haha) is NOT pleasurable. It's like grilling steak!

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag

I have an EX-T with Sensing. After 3000 mile experience, if I could turn back the time, I would get the EX-L no Sensing ($500 more). I don't see much value of Sensing either.
What dont you like about the HS features?

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
Another thing is on the EXT models Honda cut corners and didnt even put fabric on the rear doors like on the front.. If you more up to the leather models front and back will be covered.

UberCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Modern Steel Civic EX-L 2006 Highlander Hybrid 2002 Honda Insight 2000 Audi A6 2.7t
Country flag

I went EX-L though EX-T seems a much better value. $1400 is a lot of coin for just leather, it's less than that in some cars with twice the fabric to cover. I just couldn't get a car that wasn't exactly what I wanted, that is a recipe for buyers remorse. I do wish that I added the sensing though, a useless and downright dangerous as it is you can defeat it and it saves much more than it costs in insurance where I live.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I went EX-L though EX-T seems a much better value. $1400 is a lot of coin for just leather, it's less than that in some cars with twice the fabric to cover. I just couldn't get a car that wasn't exactly what I wanted, that is a recipe for buyers remorse. I do wish that I added the sensing though, a useless and downright dangerous as it is you can defeat it and it saves much more than it costs in insurance where I live.
I also wish I would have got Sensing when I bought mine. I knew more about these Civics than my sales guy did unfortunately. He didn't even mention Sense and I was under the impression it was just adaptive cruise control. I had no idea that it was a form of self driving (which is one of the most interesting technologies being developed imo)

Arkbird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T with Sensing
Country flag

Why do you say that? I have almost 12k miles on my EX-T with sensing and I'm glad I went with the sensing package and no leather like the EX-L (too hot here in VA).

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I like cloth seats and in my last two cars I had a leather steering wheel, armrests and shift knob with cloth seats. Unfortunately, Honda doesn't offer that combo in the Civic which kind of sucks.
Sponsored

Last edited: