4DBox

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silver EXT, 2018 Volt
Country flag
I hope you saved your OEM intake parts as I don't think this setup will pass smog inspection here in Cali. (please correct me if I'm wrong as I wonder how so many dudes get around their wild motor mods when it comes to smog time)
Sponsored

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Quite a few companies will put products to market as CARB pending; then send a CARB sticker to anyone who retains the original purchase receipt. Food for thought...

Hondadude88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Heres a Pic of Intake installed.

20160313_180656.jpg

Havent seen another video of the Injen intake installed so here goes. Im sorry if i somehow missed it.
:headbang:

Quick question. Does installing a aftermarket intake void your factory warranty at all? I have an extended 7 year/125k mile bumper to bumper.

timcole421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sensing Sedan
Fair point, but we're probably talking a net loss of .0000005hp

scottEXT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ext, 2015 crv se
Country flag
Sigh.... Oh to be young and naive again and believe a CAI does anything but change sounds....

There is dozens of videos released by myth buster type shops that do back to back dyno testing...

I understand do what you like. But don't sit there and tell me a peice of pipe makes you faster...

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
Sigh.... Oh to be young and naive again and believe a CAI does anything but change sounds....

There is dozens of videos released by myth buster type shops that do back to back dyno testing...

I understand do what you like. But don't sit there and tell me a peice of pipe makes you faster...
Oh to be old and still not know WTF you're talking about.

1. It very much depends on how efficient the stock intake is. If the stock one is good then no, you won't see much if any change.
2. It depends on what other mods you have. Just try using a stock intake on an engine that can make use of a 90MM MAF.
3. I have a dyno of 5 different intakes on the same car on the same dyno they all have different peak numbers and different numbers under the curve.

Let me guess an exhaust only changes the sound too right? It has the same functioning principles as an intake pipe, so it must be useless.

EDIT: Back to back dyno test on a mustang, but you know... must be wrong somehow...

David Hughes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring

It's not the pipe that makes it faster. More air means more power. No different than your lungs. Does a person breathe better with one lung or two? The more air, the more power. So its not just a pipe. It's a whole system.

scottEXT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ext, 2015 crv se
Country flag
It's not the pipe that makes it faster. More air means more power. No different than your lungs. Does a person breathe better with one lung or two? The more air, the more power. So its not just a pipe. It's a whole system.
Wow....
Air and fuel makes you faster... You have to tune to compensate. If you don't tune it's not worth it. The car isn't magical and dosent know the intake is larger. So the increase in air isn't going to change the advancement to maximize the air to fuel ratio

And just a good tune can make you 10-15 hp faster...

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
Wow....
Air and fuel makes you faster... You have to tune to compensate. If you don't tune it's not worth it. The car isn't magical and dosent know the intake is larger. So the increase in air isn't going to change the advancement to maximize the air to fuel ratio

No, a tune just makes the most out of the gains, a tune is only required to get the max possible, not, all of them. Your understanding of this is so flawed I'm borderline not sure you aren't just trolling.

David Hughes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Wow....

Please turn in your man card immediately.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Wow....

For the benefit of the community, let's put this misconception to rest. Modern ECUs consistently monitor/respond to a variety of parameters from MAF to intake temps. True, some ECUs automatically recalibrate to limit output (i.e. GM's 2.0T ECU). But the vast majority of ECUs in FI platforms respond favorably to the absence of restrictions. The key is determining which ones are the biggest bottleneck.

The Mazdaspeed3's intake inlet, for example, is the size of a silver dollar. Great for throttle response; but limits how efficiently the K04 can draw air through the intake/TMIC. Replacing with Mazda's own cold air intake design (a joint venture through AEM) yielded a 12% gain on my 2009 with no other changes. The numbers speak for themselves.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ex-L 1.5 Turbo Injen Intake Pic+Video 3145670203_large

jmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe, 2016 RAM QC 4x4, 2016 Dart Rallye
Country flag
While I wait for K&N to make a drop in air filter I decided to mod the existing air box below are the before and after pics.
First I opened up the internal restrictive intake tunnel then drilled a 2.5" hole into the fender side of the airbox.
I found that the fender side of the airbox is cool to the touch along with the ECU next to it even after long drives
plus this is the side where air is drawn into the air box.

It has a little more induction growl and lowed the 0-60 times consistently.

Stock
Honda Civic 10th gen Ex-L 1.5 Turbo Injen Intake Pic+Video Airbox-0

Modded Airbox
Honda Civic 10th gen Ex-L 1.5 Turbo Injen Intake Pic+Video Airbox-1
Honda Civic 10th gen Ex-L 1.5 Turbo Injen Intake Pic+Video Airbox-2