Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
IMO (In My Opinion)

In regards to performance, the exhaust really isn't going to add anything. The exhaust is not much of a restriction versus something like the downpipe.

Best bang for buck to increase power ( keyword power vs performance ):

1). Ecu management system (Hondata or Ktuner). Ktuner is highly preferred vs Hondata. (run either the +6 psi hondata or the dual 21psi ktuner map)

2). Catless downpipe (a true 3 inch catless). PRL comes highly recommended although RV6 aint bad.

3). Flex Fuel

4). Custom Tune

5). Other performance/power mods such as FMIC, CAI.

Now if you want mods that will change not just power but performance in general.

1). Ecu management
2). Rear Sway Bar
3). Catless DP
4). Wheels/Tires
5). Coilovers
6). Flex Fuel
7). Turbo
8). CAI/FMIC
9). Custom Tune
Sponsored

Blk_Clover

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 si sedan
Country flag
Thanks so much gtman,
You are definately a pro, (I've read you been helping everyone out so much from thread to thread). Just got paid and going to order a ktuner from Amazon for since I get most of my stuff from there.) But I didnt see that it comes with tsp stage one tune I wonder if I have to pay extra for that. And going go with Mishimoto intake also since it floods here yearly for me and maybe muffler delete. Hopefully I can get help and suggestions on which map to use. I watched so many youtube videos and everyone do different stuff and I personally just daily driving (15 miles max) maybe couple of time a week giving it a WOT here and there and I just want to make it fun. Having been driving a mt for at least 5 years and it's all coming back to me. =)))

Blk_Clover

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 si sedan
Country flag
Another noob questions is that if power and performance are tune would the car still be reliable for long term? Power is one thing, and ktuner will give this car life, better performance is the main reason I'm going for and also want to add some fun to it since it's my first ever turbo. I do want a CAI and muffler delete and I should be content until summer comes. It gets really cold for the car where I reside in and getting a remote start to help defrost the snow and ice during this time. Will be this little dude ride in 2030 =)

Honda Civic 10th gen EX HB performance mods? 20191218_160128

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Another noob questions is that if power and performance are tune would the car still be reliable for long term? Power is one thing, and ktuner will give this car life, better performance is the main reason I'm going for and also want to add some fun to it since it's my first ever turbo. I do want a CAI and muffler delete and I should be content until summer comes. It gets really cold for the car where I reside in and getting a remote start to help defrost the snow and ice during this time. Will be this little dude ride in 2030 =)

20191218_160128.jpg
If you take a look at my recent thread https://www.civicx.com/threads/cvt-with-full-bolt-ons-and-turbo-upgrade.44604/.

I am a CVT sport touring hatch with almost every performance power mod on my car and I make close to 300whp/260wtq. 43k miles in so far and no issues. Had this car for 2.5 years with no issues. Can't say if this will last like another 11 years but I'm sure the next 5 years should be solid.

Everything I listed in modifications to you I already have on and then some more lol.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Just to touch on a few things that have been asked/mentioned...

In terms of tuning and reliability, as the OP of the community's tuning reliability survey, I can say tuning is "relatively" safe. But you need to be smart about it. Abuse the power so to speak and you could have issues. Overall though, the risk is worth the reward.

In terms of how long to wait before tuning, nothing is written in stone. In my case, I waited until my first oil change. That seemed like a smart play to me.

As far as mods, xjoshuax89 laid it out well. For me personally, I was just looking for a bump in power and not being the fastest guy in town. It's all about personal driving style, your expectations and your budget.

A good simple upgrade would be a tune, better tires and a beefier rear sway bar. That would be a fine starting point IMO. And for many, that would be enough. The intake, intercooler upgrade, downpipe and the like would be some optional next steps.

Blk_Clover

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 si sedan
Country flag
I went from a Kia Sorento 2018 to this baby. And the handling on this car is beyond what I've imagine. Waiting for my ktuner with tsp1 and definitely an intake Mishimoto or 27won next couple of weeks. I'm so excited after reading about ktuner. Ps this will be the best and most fun car I've ever owned =))

OP
OP
wdrx02

wdrx02

Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB
Country flag
After the move, to another state and the inability to have full time access to a garage.
Thinking about suspension work is a bit distanced now... I use to DIY everything, so with the colder and rainier climate.
I am considering the following: Lightweight wheels, better tires than stock but not anything like Bridgestone Potenza(s). Probably some nice all season/sport hybrid Yokos or Bridgestone (will research. I thought about some volks, or Rotas but... where I am at. I think Rotas or the O.E be fine... Ktune sounds good but will see as far as the budget allows.... the colder climate has recently decreased my mpg, in addition to needing an oil change (currently at 15%) - LOL!

I agree and thank you all that commented and provided suggestions. I concur and like what I am reading - thank you.
Sponsored