Ever surprised by who you see driving an Si?

jjm0315

Maximum effort
First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
I’m horrible at guessing ages. I work in the medical field and know how different age looks on different people based on their life style. That being said, I’ve been mostly men(40s maybe) driving gen x si’s in my area. I live in a college town, so there are Si’s galore of different models. Driven by college age male and female. 2 CTRs that I’ve seen(one is the Honda dealership manager). No one EVER waves back at me. I get more attention from camaro/mustang/challenger people.

I am in the minority in this area. Early 30’s, female, mom of 2 - but driving a coupe. AND it’s my first manual.
Sponsored

TornadoredGen3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Legacy-T, Jetta Tsi, SI,A5
Country flag
Around Jersey is almost all women. 4 out of 7 , Coupe, sedan or Hatch even the non Si civic is mostly women and older family oriented men

aldksgo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 R-24920, '14 FB2, '10 Impreza 2.5i
Country flag
Hey all,

My dad is 58 and we just picked up his 2019 Civic SI Sedan this evening. Haven't seen him smile like this in a long long time, he's super stoked and loves the ride. His previous ride was 2004 Civic SI, so he's no stranger to the car.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ever surprised by who you see driving an Si? IMG-1372.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Ever surprised by who you see driving an Si? IMG-1377.JPG

Yal

New to the brand
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I see all types, young, old, male, female. Oddest I've seen was a tatt'd up cholo lookin guy. He actually waved, none of the others even gave a second glance. I'm not fast, but I auto-x mine and am getting better since I added an Eibach rear bar.

EdwarDallas

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
I'm 48. I've never owned an automatic. My new 2020 Si Sedan is my 4th Civic Si in the past 16 years. These cars are a blast to drive!

Previously owned:
1987 Subaru GL
1992 Sentra SE-R
1997 Civic EX
2003 Si hatch "Black Egg"
2010 Si Coupe
2015 Si Sedan
2016 HRV 6-MT -Fun to drive, but not very fast

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Saw an Asian woman who looked to be in her 50's driving a MSM Si Sedan the other day. My wife gets honked at and a thumbs up all the time LOL.

Omggitsdavid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si, 2000 Honda S2000
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Was on the job. Saw an si pull up and parked in a stall. And a mom with her kid gets out of the car. I'm shook. Mad respect for the mom.

fg2kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 1991 Civic DX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ladies love the Si. Recently saw a black "lowered" coupe making mincemeat of highway traffic. I got next to it to see who was driving and burst out laughing.

It wasn't lowered - it was a gang of older ladies (50s or 60s). Four of them packed into the coupe!

Honda Civic 10th gen Ever surprised by who you see driving an Si? image

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Country flag
Saw a 40’s woman driving a black Si coupe the other week, seems like the 10th gen Si draws a very diverse group. Not sure if it’s just because the previous gens are more affordable at this point (typically draws younger males) or because they updated the looks. I’ve never seen the same type of people driving the 9th gen Si
Sponsored