Eventuri Intake Feedback

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
sorry guys... a little nerd stuff :)
I was discussing the Bernoulli's equation with couple of my engineers, and we realize our "Eventrui" intake is actually a close model of Bernoulli's "Venturi Effect"...
Look up Bernoulli's Venturi Effect! Sorry about this nerdy shit guys! :)
Sponsored

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
i always thought that's where they got their business name from.

still 50/50 on if i wan to pull on this intake or the prl one. Wonder if i'd be able to use PRL's TI arm with the eventuri

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
i always thought that's where they got their business name from.

still 50/50 on if i wan to pull on this intake or the prl one. Wonder if i'd be able to use PRL's TI arm with the eventuri
yea, agree...I didn't remember the Venturi diagram, until we've look it up...:) I know this is expensive, but you'll love..

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
ok see what you finally decide when you post...there are some many option these days...I just saw something about GruppeM too...
i think the gruppeM probably would function very good but i don't think it's going to satisfy the inner ricer in me cause the woosh would be muffled lol.
I'll probably end up getting the eventuri. until then i will just gather some info from this thread lol.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Champ White R
Country flag
Installed the Eveventuri and struggled with the scoop at first. You just have to force it in at and angle like the instructions say it will fit nicely, and ive done a few hard pulls to datalog and checked on the scoop and no damage was found. Waiting for the HKS downpipe front pipe to come so I can install the the HKS legamax exhaust. Just got the PRL flex fuel kit and will install that at the same time.

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor / 2019 CTR
Country flag
I gave it some more though, and realize that if I didn't notch the scoop, and try to move/force those 2-hydrolic line away from frame rail and fit the scoop in. The scoop will now be under compressive loading trying to "close" up the scoop opening, as those 2 hydraulic lines are really stiff, as they are under pressure. Now, this is probably ok under static conditions, but when the car is moving and going over bumps (dynamic conditions), which may exert additional compression force, then the scoop may crack / break at that point.

Since we're dealing with brittle material that, when fail, fails catastrophically (i.e. cracks or shatters), I rather not exert any force on the scoop, as it is fiberglass, and will crack pretty easily.
Now, I'm glad I decide to notch...the scoop fits really good, but not loose, and the carbon box fits very nicely on top...

hope this help guys...
So you just notched the scoop? I can't get this thing in for the life of me.

My mechanic friend told me to just force it in there. Ended up accidentally breaking the top mounting bracket and now have to order another one. I'm so pissed off at this installation process. lmao.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
So you just notched the scoop? I can't get this thing in for the life of me.

My mechanic friend told me to just force it in there. Ended up accidentally breaking the top mounting bracket and now have to order another one. I'm so pissed off at this installation process. lmao.
I was doing the same until decide to notch...if the 2 hydraulic lines are easily moved, then different story, but they are very difficult to move away to make room than put back to original location...and some CTR's may have more clearance than others...maybe try loosing all the "stuff" around that area and try again if you don't decide to notch? I 'm here scratching my head too ...

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
i think the gruppeM probably would function very good but i don't think it's going to satisfy the inner ricer in me cause the woosh would be muffled lol.
I'll probably end up getting the eventuri. until then i will just gather some info from this thread lol.
Ordering Gruppe M today... I was conflicted also. Eventuri sounds so AMAZING, but I plan to run possibly the the Varis hood and don't want an opening on the intake in case rain gets in there.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey there Boosted... Pretty certain once take my car for a drive and hear the Eventuri/Sequence Combo you will be sold on the Eventuri :)

lol yeah. It really is an expensive piece. I really want to run PRLs Ti Arm though ...

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Ordering Gruppe M today... I was conflicted also. Eventuri sounds so AMAZING, but I plan to run possibly the the Varis hood and don't want an opening on the intake in case rain gets in there.
i'm planning on running a varis hood also. The location of the vents shouldn't allow rain to get in there but we'll see. The car currently isn't a daily driver so i probably wouldn't have to worry about that too much.
Hey there Boosted... Pretty certain once take my car for a drive and hear the Eventuri/Sequence Combo you will be sold on the Eventuri :)
yeah i'm sure it is the intake i'm going to get. I guess the question is when will i get it lol.

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
i'm planning on running a varis hood also. The location of the vents shouldn't allow rain to get in there but we'll see. The car currently isn't a daily driver so i probably wouldn't have to worry about that too much.

yeah i'm sure it is the intake i'm going to get. I guess the question is when will i get it lol.
Yea I think it SHOULD be safe.. but don't want to risk it for that amount of $. Plus the Gruppe M looks sick when you pop the hood.

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor / 2019 CTR
Country flag
You should hold off on that. I heard that the Gruppe intake doesn't work with the Varis hood. I can't find the post but this topic came up again when I was chatting with my local CTR guys yesterday.