www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey there Mikias,
Here’s a quickattempt. Nothing crazy. First YouTube upload ever. Recorded on an IPhone by my son (passenger). I’m a newb but will try making a better vid to upload and work on improving shift skills..lol

Suggest connecting this to your CarPlay. Turn volume to around 27. Should sound pretty accurate.

If you have the time, would you consider making a video so we can get an idea of the sound? There is only "jonnys honda" that has a sound clip up on YouTube as far as I can tell. I'd love another demo.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
BEST INTAKE ON THE MARKET PERIOD :) hence the price...

Ok guys,
I had to remove my Eventuri to do the wire harness recall, and I now can feel the different...like orangefever said, difference is not night and day, but definitely feeling it now that it is off the car... with the Eventuri, the car is more willing to go as soon as you hit the accelerator...I don't know about the HKS, but the Eventuri's intake tube tapers to a smaller diameter from the intake filter...what does that do to the air going into the engine? It INCREASES the air VELOCITY going into the intake plenum! so it's like a rush of air coming in at a velocity faster than the engine can "suck". It could be this increase in air velocity that has to do with sensor thing, as the MF senses on reading, while the velocity increase slightly passed the sensor point. Looks like from the picture, the diameter of the intake tube is somewhat constant thru out it's section; that tells me velocity stays the same, and hence, just another intake that's expensive...doesn't really do anything....Eventuri is a different animal, all because of the tapered tube and the below frame rail air-in drawing air from beneath the frame rail (very cold air there).

like my ceramic coating, this is one of the best mod for my CTR...ABSOLUTELY WORTH $1400! :) all the physics make sense, and you only buy this damn thing 1-time!
Honda Civic 10th gen Eventuri Intake Feedback IMG_2831

if you are getting intake, I think you'll still need to notch the bottom of the snorkel to fit under the frame rail...
Honda Civic 10th gen Eventuri Intake Feedback 58449657643__A1276D0B-DE69-4AB5-8B5F-961EC265075E.JPG

dixie1

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renault Megane RS Lotus Exige V6 and soon Honda civic type R 2018
Country flag
No cutting needed , installed 2 and didn't need to cut the second intake....

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes this is correct. The second intake scoop will not fit if just following Eventuri’s instructions to rotate (2) hoseclamps and disconnect the earth ground wire, then forcing the scoop in.

Tried this a couple times to no avail. Ended up loosening some other holding brackets. Then was able to push the scoop where it needed to be. In hindsight, I regret not taking pics of this.

No cutting required.

No cutting needed , installed 2 and didn't need to cut the second intake....

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Eventuri Intake Feedback A74A772D-9D66-4086-AACD-99F49D1AA40C
For those that have the Eventuri, do any of you have these gaps in the airbox rubber seal?

Wondering if I didn’t get the install 100% correct and the gap is because the airbox is not fully seated.

Please lmk
Thanks

Honda Civic 10th gen Eventuri Intake Feedback D8C0FFAA-7C80-49A9-B90E-01832DFCE49F

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
A74A772D-9D66-4086-AACD-99F49D1AA40C.jpeg
For those that have the Eventuri, do any of you have these gaps in the airbox rubber seal?

Wondering if I didn’t get the install 100% correct and the gap is because the airbox is not fully seated.

Please lmk
Thanks

D8C0FFAA-7C80-49A9-B90E-01832DFCE49F.jpeg
don't remember any gaps...will reinstall and update post, but definitely didn't noticed it. I remember having to notch my lower scoop to have it fully seated on the support, so no springing back up. if not fully seating with any residual "spring" action pushing up, this gap may appear.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes please check if gap exists when yours is reinstalled. Received a PM from a fellow Eventuri owner that just installed his that the gap is there for him also.

Tempted to take mine out and attempt to reinstall again to see if gap can be eliminated.

don't remember any gaps...will reinstall and update post, but definitely didn't noticed it. I remember having to notch my lower scoop to have it fully seated on the support, so no springing back up. if not fully seating with any residual "spring" action pushing up, this gap may appear.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
Yes please check if gap exists when yours is reinstalled. Received a PM from a fellow Eventuri owner that just installed his that the gap is there for him also.

Tempted to take mine out and attempt to reinstall again to see if gap can be eliminated.
will do...just got back from yosemite ... do it tonight or tomorrow.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you for this. Another member pm’d they had the same gap. Had a feeling there might be some adjustment that needs to be made...

Will pull the airbox back out when it’s time to clean the air filter (every 3k miles per the Eventuri instructions) and see if can get the fit right.

just wrapped up the install...no gap...at least not what you have...note the snorkel bracket fits completely flush to the factory bracket...hope this helps :)
IMG_2897.jpg

IMG_2901.jpg

IMG_2903.jpg

IMG_2904.jpg

IMG_2902.jpg

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
Thank you for this. Another member pm’d they had the same gap. Had a feeling there might be some adjustment that needs to be made...

Will pull the airbox back out when it’s time to clean the air filter (every 3k miles per the Eventuri instructions) and see if can get the fit right.
I might be wrong, but the only part that would lift the entire box up would be the snorkel, as the bottom of the box sits on the top of the snorkel, so if the position of the top of snorkel is high, then the final position of the air box will also be high. Please let us know what you find...

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor / 2019 CTR
Country flag
ok. Trying to install my intake right now and i can't fking shoehorn that thing in there. How'd you guys do it? Is there a trick?

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are you referring to getting the side scoop into position?

Instructions said the hoses would push around...I tried and had no luck at all. In fact, the scoop I received was used and must have been a return because it was marked up badly. You could tell the previous owner wasn’t all that smart and tried to force it in. I’m guessing he wasn’t successful. Total BS.

I regret not taking a picture...but recall loosening some holding brackets or hose supports, in order to get movement so the scoop could fit. Then re-tightened everything. (I hope )

My airbox fitment has a tiny gap, as shown in previous photos. When it’s time to clean the filte, i’ll probably pull the airbox see if can adjust get a better fit. I’ll take a photo then.

UFOCTR notched his sidescoop. I didn’t go that route, but his fit looks better than mine.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
Are you referring to getting the side scoop into position?

Instructions said the hoses would push around...I tried and had no luck at all. In fact, the scoop I received was used and must have been a return because it was marked up badly. You could tell the previous owner wasn’t all that smart and tried to force it in. I’m guessing he wasn’t successful. Total BS.

I regret not taking a picture...but recall loosening some holding brackets or hose supports, in order to get movement so the scoop could fit. Then re-tightened everything. (I hope )

My airbox fitment has a tiny gap, as shown in previous photos. When it’s time to clean the filte, i’ll probably pull the airbox see if can adjust get a better fit. I’ll take a photo then.

UFOCTR notched his sidescoop. I didn’t go that route, but his fit looks better than mine.
I gave it some more though, and realize that if I didn't notch the scoop, and try to move/force those 2-hydrolic line away from frame rail and fit the scoop in. The scoop will now be under compressive loading trying to "close" up the scoop opening, as those 2 hydraulic lines are really stiff, as they are under pressure. Now, this is probably ok under static conditions, but when the car is moving and going over bumps (dynamic conditions), which may exert additional compression force, then the scoop may crack / break at that point.

Since we're dealing with brittle material that, when fail, fails catastrophically (i.e. cracks or shatters), I rather not exert any force on the scoop, as it is fiberglass, and will crack pretty easily.
Now, I'm glad I decide to notch...the scoop fits really good, but not loose, and the carbon box fits very nicely on top...

hope this help guys...
Sponsored