Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Received my Eventuri today from Jacob@Vividracing. Might attempt to install tonight if time permits. I’m also in SoCal (OC).

Hopefully won’t encounter any problems. This will be my first DIY mod.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Installation complete. A big thank you to Boosted180sx for helping me get past what I thought was a road block. I thought my kit was missing a coupling hose... seeing one in Eventuri’s online instructions.

Stock vs Silicone upgraded hose
Honda Civic 10th gen Eventuri Intake Feedback 102E7604-1BC0-442D-8EE2-81BDDE48A0DC

I thought was missing this coupler piece.. however Boosted noticed this is for the stock hose, not the upgraded silicone hose
Honda Civic 10th gen Eventuri Intake Feedback 0A584678-9968-4AA1-833D-30CFA18B04D2

Like a doofus, I thought there was a missing coupling. Boosted suggested simply attaching the silicone hose intake pipe and it worked. I assumed it would be short.
Honda Civic 10th gen Eventuri Intake Feedback 8BCD3B64-4F60-4A97-AC81-A59CDF8E719A

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Another obstacle was installing the secondary air scoop that points to the right.

Instructions say to remove the earth ground bolt and rotate a couple cooling hose clips to make room for the scoop.

After doing that, there was no way that scoop was going in. Needed to remove/loosen some additional stuff, sorry I didn’t take a photo of what was done.. but it should be evident... if get stuck. If you have to force the scoop to fit it up correctly, please remember this note. There is no need.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Another trick is to install and tighten both bolts to this piece before inserting to the silicone hose...

there was no room to install and tighten the 2nd bolt, in place.
Honda Civic 10th gen Eventuri Intake Feedback E8C06227-CE4E-4116-A673-3AF45ACD10BF

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Eventuri’s instructions say to install the side lid. I found this to be impossible without removing the ECU
Honda Civic 10th gen Eventuri Intake Feedback B528E9E0-B647-4F4F-9C26-1C87D0A702B6

Here is the lid installed with one screw and ECU in place. No way to reach the remaining side or lower bolts holes to insert or tighten a bolt

Honda Civic 10th gen Eventuri Intake Feedback 3776FC20-3C70-4B06-9BC5-8E7D9B565FF8

Last edited:

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Was able to install the filter access side cover with the ECU removed, Pretty sure will have to do this every time the intake filter needs to be cleaned

Honda Civic 10th gen Eventuri Intake Feedback B7A418EA-629E-4F62-90A2-3FC80147153B

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not sure if this is a big deal or not... but noticed there is a slight gap in the seal from the engine compartment. Would be interested to see a photo of how the stock setup seal is. Maybe I installed it wrong? If so please lmk

Honda Civic 10th gen Eventuri Intake Feedback 83086F66-8D50-4937-94C1-A97E5654E292

Close up of this gap. Might try shoving something in there to fill. If you found a solution please share. Seems hot air from engine could be drawn through this hole.
Honda Civic 10th gen Eventuri Intake Feedback B9D690BA-46E6-4F74-A55E-E32C84FF310C

View attachment 163685

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Success. Complete with ECU re-installed.

Honda Civic 10th gen Eventuri Intake Feedback 34F48FCA-4015-4431-88CF-3D4FE9705616

Was greeted by this on startup due to disconnecting the battery terminals for the ECU removal. Boosted said it would go away on its own.. and it did!
Honda Civic 10th gen Eventuri Intake Feedback BCEAEC1C-CFA2-402D-BE9A-E645524E0BD5

Also this message. Followed instructions and it also cleared.
Honda Civic 10th gen Eventuri Intake Feedback CEBE7007-733E-4E72-991B-363EE70D1B81

Last edited:

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In regards to the suggestion to connecting and tightening this piece then installing to the silicone tube and securing with the hose clamp...
Honda Civic 10th gen Eventuri Intake Feedback 5F94D485-EB46-419E-A97F-588DEB146BDF

Here’s the reason. Very difficult to tighten that rear bolt and nut when the piece is secured to the silicone tube.

Honda Civic 10th gen Eventuri Intake Feedback 3D6446C3-A9C7-487D-AA4E-88547E70A33B

Close-up
Honda Civic 10th gen Eventuri Intake Feedback 0D139112-19ED-42F2-BEEB-1E22F6A6948B

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
Not sure if this is a big deal or not... but noticed there is a slight gap in the seal from the engine compartment. Would be interested to see a photo of how the stock setup seal is. Maybe I installed it wrong? If so please lmk

83086F66-8D50-4937-94C1-A97E5654E292.jpeg

Close up of this gap. Might try shoving something in there to fill. If you found a solution please share. Seems hot air from engine could be drawn through this hole.
B9D690BA-46E6-4F74-A55E-E32C84FF310C.jpeg

View attachment 163685
Does pressure from the hood resting on that piece push it down?

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Had a couple pm requests for impressions on the Eventuri so here goes after running with it for about (2) days with the radio off. Car is a daily driver. No immediate plans to track. Previously drove a 1995 Accord for (19) years so having a CTR is a big upgrade already. I’m new to aftermarket mods so really appreciate all the terrific content people share here.

The Sequence TI exhaust is the other performance mod on the car and was in place before this install.

Please keep in mind this is my first experience having a CAI on any car so I have nothing to compare to other than how it’s performing now. Very likely I’d have been impressed with other intakes available.

Revs are now deeper, louder and more aggressive sounding throughout the acceleration range. There is also the “whiiish” when the turbo is drawing air under moderate load and above. Can hear these sounds clearly with windows rolled up, which is how I normally prefer to drive.

Throttle is more responsive. Car seems quicker and HP feels like it increased some. Although I have no dyno or data log to support, it sure feels that way + the car now veers a little more under a straight line WOT pull than it did previously. This also means I need to take in for an alignment check soon.

Eventuri and retailers claim 18-22 HP. Can’t say if it’s that much, but wouldn’t be surprised. Will be looking to add a tune sometime within the next year to get the full benefit.

Overall the car is louder through its range and the intake has helped the Sequence exhaust note come “alive”. The transition to full open on the valved exhaust is much more seemless. I think the boost actuated valve that bypasses the mufflers at 7psi opens sooner and is more sensitive...Car sounds really good and the fun factor has greatly increased.

Imagine the Eventuri will also pair well with the stock exhaust or any of the other aftermarket systems.

Notice the car seems to produce some drone at speeds 70+ where it didn’t with the Sequence alone...especially at 80-85 mph range. I’ll be driving my older son all over SoCal this weekend for his soccer games so may have more to report.

Installation wasn’t bad and was pretty interesting. Was my first DIY and had fun doing it. Took about 3.5 hours though. Would go much quicker if had to do again now that I’ve gone through it once and know what to expect. Probably can be done in an hour. A YouTube video said I’d only need a 10mm and flat screwdriver. Ended up using:

10mm and 7mm combo wrench
10mm and 7mm nutdrivers
10mm socket
Phillips and flat screwdriver
Exacto knife - I made some incisions on the rubber air seal that goes on top of the air box. In hindsight I may not have needed to do that.
Needle nose pliers. (Forgot to mention there is a security fitting on one of the factory hose clamps that needs to be removed)
1/8” Allen key and socketed Allen head + maybe a couple other sizes.
Kroil (or any other penetrant loosener)
A 1/2 and 1/4 Ratchet
Long and short 1/2 extension
Prybar to seat the lower rubber boot underneath the air box.

Pros: Sounds great and better volume, perceived throttle and HP gains, accurate fit and looks great. Definitely recommend getting the upgraded silicone hose.

Cons: introduced a little bit of drone at freeway cruising speeds I think. Nothing crazy though. Online instructions left out some details that would have made the install easier. High price, however I think worth it, if fits within your budget.

Verdict: Thumbs up. Way up. Would buy Eventuri again in a heartbeat. No regrets.

Last edited:

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Checked it and unfortunately, the gaps do not move. There is a small metal bracket attached to the left side of carbon fiber airbox and it’s rigid. Probably need to stuff something in it to prevent hot air from getting in. There is another small gap on the right where the plastic holding clip doesn’t keep the rubber down. That same metal bracket prevents it from doing so. Here are (2) close up photos on either side of said gaps. This could also mean I didn’t get the airbox fully seated. Checked it and it seems correct. Does any other Eventuri owners also have this gap?

Does pressure from the hood resting on that piece push it down?
Close up:
Honda Civic 10th gen Eventuri Intake Feedback 4900B891-441C-495B-8980-3954F63C2CED

Metal bracket can be seen clearly from this angle. Can also see the small incisions in the rubber seal I made to help re-attach the plastic holding clips. In hindsight it may not have been necessary, but doesn’t hurt anything.

Honda Civic 10th gen Eventuri Intake Feedback E50B545A-CCFF-4FE9-9F83-08C426B75BFB

Last edited:

Mikias

First Name
Mikias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Country flag
Had a couple pm requests for impressions on the Eventuri so here goes after running with it for about (2) days with the radio off. Car is a daily driver. No immediate plans to track. Previously drove a 1995 Accord for (19) years so having a CTR is a big upgrade already. I’m new to aftermarket mods so really appreciate all the terrific content people share here.

The Sequence TI exhaust is the other performance mod on the car and was in place before this install.

Please keep in mind this is my first experience having a CAI on any car so I have nothing to compare to other than how it’s performing now. Very likely I’d have been impressed with other intakes available.

Revs are now deeper, louder and more aggressive sounding throughout the acceleration range. There is also the “whiiish” when the turbo is drawing air under moderate load and above. Can hear these sounds clearly with windows rolled up, which is how I normally prefer to drive.

Throttle is more responsive. Car seems quicker and HP feels like it increased some. Although I have no dyno or data log to support, it sure feels that way + the car now veers a little more under a straight line WOT pull than it did previously. This also means I need to take in for an alignment check soon.

Eventuri and retailers claim 18-22 HP. Can’t say if it’s that much, but wouldn’t be surprised. Will be looking to add a tune sometime within the next year to get the full benefit.

Overall the car is louder through its range and the intake has helped the Sequence exhaust note come “alive”. The transition to full open on the valved exhaust is much more seemless. I think the boost actuated valve that bypasses the mufflers at 7psi opens sooner and is more sensitive...Car sounds really good and the fun factor has greatly increased.

Imagine the Eventuri will also pair well with the stock exhaust or any of the other aftermarket systems.

Notice the car seems to produce some drone at speeds 70+ where it didn’t with the Sequence alone...especially at 80-85 mph range. I’ll be driving my older son all over SoCal this weekend for his soccer games so may have more to report.

Installation wasn’t bad and was pretty interesting. Was my first DIY and had fun doing it. Took about 3.5 hours though. Would go much quicker if had to do again now that I’ve gone through it once and know what to expect. Probably can be done in an hour. A YouTube video said I’d only need a 10mm and flat screwdriver. Ended up using:

10mm and 7mm combo wrench
10mm and 7mm nutdrivers
10mm socket
Phillips and flat screwdriver
Exacto knife - I made some incisions on the rubber air seal that goes on top of the air box. In hindsight I may not have needed to do that.
Needle nose pliers. (Forgot to mention there is a security fitting on one of the factory hose clamps that needs to be removed)
1/8” Allen key and socketed Allen head + maybe a couple other sizes.
Kroil (or any other penetrant loosener)
A 1/2 and 1/4 Ratchet
Long and short 1/2 extension
Prybar to seat the lower rubber boot underneath the air box.

Pros: Sounds great and better volume, perceived throttle and HP gains, accurate fit and looks great. Definitely recommend getting the upgraded silicone hose.

Cons: introduced a little bit of drone at freeway cruising speeds I think. Nothing crazy though. Online instructions left out some details that would have made the install easier. High price, however I think worth it, if fits within your budget.

Verdict: Thumbs up. Way up. Would buy Eventuri again in a heartbeat. No regrets.
If you have the time, would you consider making a video so we can get an idea of the sound? There is only "jonnys honda" that has a sound clip up on YouTube as far as I can tell. I'd love another demo.
Sponsored