frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey guys. I did some searching around here and other spots but I can't seem to find some solid reviews and thoughts on this air intake. Can anyone share as I am interested in purchasing? How is the quality? Anyone had any dyno info? Any info would help. Thank you.
Sponsored

OP
OP
frtorres87

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag

Hayabusa160

The Master
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Country flag
honestly no one is going going to give you a straight honest answer because no one will be testing or comparing them to others. also no one is going to say it sucks after pissing 1400 bucks on an intake.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
honestly no one is going going to give you a straight honest answer because no one will be testing or comparing them to others. also no one is going to say it sucks after pissing 1400 bucks on an intake.
LOL!, I try to found any feedback regarding this intake, but at the moment just one guy told me he feel improvement in power, he feel the turbo spools quickly, but just was his feeling he never did any dino test or any number.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
yup. Been waiting for somebody to give me some actual feedback on IAT difference with that secondary scoop but noone has any. Almost every person I spoke to tells me they feel a difference but we all know butt dynos aren't really the most accurate measurement especially after dropping 1400 for something.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
For other side, Eventuri, has a couple advantage vs others intake, Maf sensor inside the box, this could improve the thermal insulation and cool it down, definitely the IAT would be different, lower temperature values. Venturi hose design, improve the air velocity coming from outside. Secondary air scoop inlet , improve the overall volume of air .

I'm really interested on this intake, unfortunately I can't afford it. I wish they can built it on a different cheap material.

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Something I've been told by a reputable tuner is that the MAF signal gets skewed with the Eventuri. I don't know exactly the repercussions of this but just what I've been told (I had considered getting an Eventuri).

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
yup. Been waiting for somebody to give me some actual feedback on IAT difference with that secondary scoop but noone has any. Almost every person I spoke to tells me they feel a difference but we all know butt dynos aren't really the most accurate measurement especially after dropping 1400 for something.
Since the intake would help with pre-turbo intake temps (IAT2) , I don't think an improvement will make much of a difference in power since it is really the post-intercooler intake temps that matter for the ECU (for timing, etc.).

For what its worth, when cruising my IAT2 (pre-turbo intake temp) is about 5-8 above ambient with my PRL Stage 1 Intake. I can't imagine having an improvement of a few degrees here would result in noticeable power output. Even if it were a 5-10hp increase (from a baseline of 300hp), I doubt most of us could feel a 1-3% gain.

Honestly just given how turbo-charging works, I don't think intakes make a big hp difference on turbo engines unless the existing intake design is really restrictive (however, the stock FK8 intake design is not really restrictive). People buy intakes to "check the box" and add sound.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I guess i was wondering more about how quickly the temps drop with the secondary scoop compared to let's say a mishi or afe after sitting in trafffic or a standstill.

I don't think it makes a big difference also. But comparing data btwn my injen and afe, although the freeway speed IAT2 was similiar, the AFE didn't heat as much and dropped the temps down much quicker from a stand still or a wot pull while the injen was sitting there soaked with heat and would bog on take off. I was under the assumption and hoping that the eventuri with the secondary scoop would drop the iat2 much quicker making it run a little more efficient but can't find anyone with data :(

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
I guess i was wondering more about how quickly the temps drop with the secondary scoop compared to let's say a mishi or afe after sitting in trafffic or a standstill.

I don't think it makes a big difference also. But comparing data btwn my injen and afe, although the freeway speed IAT2 was similiar, the AFE didn't heat as much and dropped the temps down much quicker from a stand still or a wot pull while the injen was sitting there soaked with heat and would bog on take off. I was under the assumption and hoping that the eventuri with the secondary scoop would drop the iat2 much quicker making it run a little more efficient but can't find anyone with data :(

The secondary inlet scoop I believe the most improvement is the air flow, that could be make a difference , and very important in this intake is always sucking clean air, not from the engine bay, the radiator pulls in a really high temperatures to the engine bay, it heat all the hoses inside the engine bay, any air hoses get really hot when the car is stop or bumper to bumper traffic and when you need some power to ''play after'' the car is dead...

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag

Have you tried the PRL Stage 1 intake yet? It's a cheap mod and in terms of IAT temps, I've had pretty good results pairing that with their intercooler and a turbo blanket for stop and go traffic.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
nah I haven't. I have the afe currently but i'm waiting to see what prl offers for their full intake before i make any decision.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Have you tried the PRL Stage 1 intake yet? It's a cheap mod and in terms of IAT temps, I've had pretty good results pairing that with their intercooler and a turbo blanket for stop and go traffic.
I have really good result, I'm currently working on some cooling mods, specially on the air hoses, but at the moment te IAT still too high for stop traffic, soon as I move the car the temperatures go under 100 degrees.

Honda Civic 10th gen Eventuri Intake Feedback IMG_4928.JPG

jdmorangefever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 eg, 17 type r, 16 crv
Country flag
I have the eventuri intake.. as for power hmm no real night and day difference to me. Feels a bit more “umph” but prob just sound making you think that to tell the truth. Sound is great though. Have to hear in person recordings just dont sound the same. Quality is great. I like that i didnt have to change the intake hose. As for power or numbers.. sorry i dont have that info

Honda Civic 10th gen Eventuri Intake Feedback 946D57FB-9CEE-46EC-AA55-72FBEC602FDC
Sponsored