Syntheziz

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 civic lx
Country flag
Two weeks ago the check engine light came on. I plugged in the reader and gotten a p0456 code that said small leak. First thing people usually do with stuff regarding this is checking the gas cap. But the car is a capless system so not much I can do in terms of replacing the cap. I pushed the cap in with my finger and it seems to be closing with a decent amount of force so I think it's ok. Anyone else know what I should try to replace? I would take it to service but it's pretty expensive. They want $100 for just accepting the car
Sponsored

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
Wasn't there a software update re: filling up the gas tank too high? Honda's advice up until then was "don't fill it completely full".

OP
OP

Syntheziz

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 civic lx
Country flag
Wasn't there a software update re: filling up the gas tank too high? Honda's advice up until then was "don't fill it completely full".
I checked but can't find any info regarding this. I ran my vin and no recalls either. I guess it was not a thing for the 2016 models?

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
I believe it was something like 'fuel level sending unit' or something like that.

If ya' want; you could try putting a Zip-lok baggie over the whole nozzle thingy and seal it with a rubber band or duck tape. If the error goes away; then it's the capless thingy that's the likely issue.

For exactly this reason; I always baby the thing when I'm refueling. I know that EVAP system issues will be a headache for inspection in my state (NC). And repairing them can be costly. I hope that your issue is minor.
Sponsored