European Hatchback Sport version fuel type

tatalor51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatch 2017/1.5 turbo
Hi there,

Heard that the US 1.5 version has either 174 or 182BHP, depending on the fuel, premium (91 octane or higher) recommended for the latter. From what I managed to find 91 octane US (MON or AKI or whatever) should be roughly the equivalent of 95 octane (RON) Europe.

Having the European Hatchback version, on my car (and also on the manual) it says only 95 RON octane or higher, no mention of any difference in the BHP, which is stated as 182 in the specs. And anyways that's the lowest octane I can find in Europe. Until now I filled up using 98 or 99 RON octane (premium here) but I wonder if it's really needed. The premium fuel is 20% more expensive and I wonder if it's really needed. I would think not, but would like to find out more on the matter and Google was not useful.

Thanks in advance for any information on this.
Sponsored

un hombre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic 1.5 Sport+GT White
Country flag
Hi there,

Heard that the US 1.5 version has either 174 or 182BHP, depending on the fuel, premium (91 octane or higher) recommended for the latter. From what I managed to find 91 octane US (MON or AKI or whatever) should be roughly the equivalent of 95 octane (RON) Europe.

Having the European Hatchback version, on my car (and also on the manual) it says only 95 RON octane or higher, no mention of any difference in the BHP, which is stated as 182 in the specs. And anyways that's the lowest octane I can find in Europe. Until now I filled up using 98 or 99 RON octane (premium here) but I wonder if it's really needed. The premium fuel is 20% more expensive and I wonder if it's really needed. I would think not, but would like to find out more on the matter and Google was not useful.

Thanks in advance for any information on this.
No, 95 octane is enough. Would you put a 98 octane info a golf 1.4 tsi?