tcozier1

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch LX
Country flag
I currently have a Ktuner V1.2 Unit running the 21 PSI map, along with an Injen SRI. The Intake advertises 6-8 horsepower gained, and the Ktuner advertises around 25 horsepower gained. In a perfect world they would just add evenly, but does anyone have an idea of what total BHP/WHP I should be making? I use 93 octane gas normally.

Edit: I drive a 2017 Civic Hatchback LX. Figured that is kinda important.
Sponsored

Last edited:

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
It's on Vits blog

215whp/260wtq if I remember correctly for Ktuner's 21 basemap

TSP Stage 1 makes 237whp/281wtq which is 24.5 PSI

OP
OP
tcozier1

tcozier1

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch LX
Country flag
Haha, forgot to mention that in the first post. Do you know if there are stats for the LX anywhere?

OP
OP
tcozier1

tcozier1

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch LX
Country flag
215-220whp/240-260wtq on the MT

You can get more with an ethanol blend
Would there be a considerable difference for the CVT? Also, possible dumb question, how easy it to get an ethanol blend fuel?

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
With that setup, you should be making around 210 WHP. SRI are not gonna make much power. I doubt it makes more than 3-4 HP. Might even lose power cause of heatsoak.

OP
OP
tcozier1

tcozier1

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch LX
Country flag
With that setup, you should be making around 210 WHP. SRI are not gonna make much power. I doubt it makes more than 3-4 HP. Might even lose power cause of heatsoak.
Do you think I would have more gains with a CAI? It is a short ram right now purely because I installed it at night and I was too tired and frustrated to take the bottom panel off so I went to sleep. I’m at college right now so I may change it over when I go home for a break. Also, would I lose anything in the way of sound? Because right now every time I put my foot on the gas it brings a smile to my face.

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Do you think I would have more gains with a CAI? It is a short ram right now purely because I installed it at night and I was too tired and frustrated to take the bottom panel off so I went to sleep. I’m at college right now so I may change it over when I go home for a break. Also, would I lose anything in the way of sound? Because right now every time I put my foot on the gas it brings a smile to my face.
Should sound pretty much the same. CAI will definitely gain more, and yield better IATs.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Would there be a considerable difference for the CVT? Also, possible dumb question, how easy it to get an ethanol blend fuel?
Nope - CVT is pretty limited.

Max TQ you going to get before blowing the belt is 260wtq

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ethanol depends on where you live, if it's available. You will either need to get a custom tune, or install a flex fuel kit, to take advantage of a power increase from ethanol.

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Do you mean there is no difference from the manual transmission or no difference from stock?
The CVT can't handle the torque a MT can. Anything over 250 WTQ for the CVT is pushing it. With ethanol, you can make more power while limiting torque. So Somewhere in the 230-250 range is possible. The CVT with just a stage 2 tune has proven to be quite a bit faster than the manual version with the same tune. So around 240 WHP from a CVT should be pretty quick.

spiikey1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic RS
Country flag
The CVT can't handle the torque a MT can. Anything over 250 WTQ for the CVT is pushing it. With ethanol, you can make more power while limiting torque. So Somewhere in the 230-250 range is possible. The CVT with just a stage 2 tune has proven to be quite a bit faster than the manual version with the same tune. So around 240 WHP from a CVT should be pretty quick.

is stage 2 for cvt 1.5t under the 250 WTQ? interested as i am planning to get ktuner but want the life of the cvt to last
Sponsored