Episode 7 : Another day in the life of an R owner. . . Warranty work and fun stuff.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
Well Hello here we are again to the faithful 7 followers I have for these posts :). Lets just jump right in shall we ?

First up sweet sweet warranty work. Its free I tell you it is all freeeee!!!!!!!
Honda Civic 10th gen Episode 7 : Another day in the life of an R owner. . . Warranty work and fun stuff. 20190622_124453

OH wait be fore I go better push the reset to factory button just encase.
Honda Civic 10th gen Episode 7 : Another day in the life of an R owner. . . Warranty work and fun stuff. Screenshot_3

OK its all good as new. But the wait for the car was terrible. I didnt have anything to do while I waited I was so bored. So the Nice girl at the service desk said he go bug this one salesman for me. Sweet im good at bugging people. (um my Type R is a muscle car anyone?) LOL. So off to the sales floor I go and find my target now I just need something to start giving him a hard time about.....Bingo found it.
Honda Civic 10th gen Episode 7 : Another day in the life of an R owner. . . Warranty work and fun stuff. 20190622_093735

Holy hell Batman. those mark up prices. 199.00 for nitro fill ??? what the fresh hell. We wont even start on the other items. So I go and find him and i point out that cosco nitro fills for free and so do a number of places and no joke i asked him to take a deep breath. He did LOL. Then I said im gonna have to charge you 50 dollars for that nitro fill I gave you seeing how air is 78% nitro. LOL. He was not amused . I gave him hell about the entire add on list. I said there is about 300 bucks tops of stuff there and yall charging roughly 2200.00 for junk. So log story short I had him sweating. but I let him off and told him service girl asked me to do it.

So anyway cars done new calipers on. Got dealer to put full ceramic pads on while they were at it for free. I bought pads they put on free. Now to clean those mothers from that dust from the oem pads. Oh and after 2 years My oem pads weren't half bad still . I kept them.
Honda Civic 10th gen Episode 7 : Another day in the life of an R owner. . . Warranty work and fun stuff. 20190622_171401

This should do it 6 bucks made for dash but long and flat will get in those wheels.
Honda Civic 10th gen Episode 7 : Another day in the life of an R owner. . . Warranty work and fun stuff. 20190624_102736

OH yeah that worked
Honda Civic 10th gen Episode 7 : Another day in the life of an R owner. . . Warranty work and fun stuff. 20190624_180938

So now to the vinyl wrap guy to get my mirrors fixed the last guy messed up.
Honda Civic 10th gen Episode 7 : Another day in the life of an R owner. . . Warranty work and fun stuff. 20190627_091615

Much better
Honda Civic 10th gen Episode 7 : Another day in the life of an R owner. . . Warranty work and fun stuff. 20190627_095204

And while there a crowed came to see the R. No really saw me drive in and came down from their work to see it.
Honda Civic 10th gen Episode 7 : Another day in the life of an R owner. . . Warranty work and fun stuff. Screenshot_2

That was fun and also found some racing fuel and was tempted but not at 8.99 a gallon. And its leaded cant be good.
Honda Civic 10th gen Episode 7 : Another day in the life of an R owner. . . Warranty work and fun stuff. 20190622_083321

Found a Car and driver where they still cant keep a Mustang on the road LOL. Sorry my Mustang friends I just have to pick on ya.
Honda Civic 10th gen Episode 7 : Another day in the life of an R owner. . . Warranty work and fun stuff. 20190620_153637

OH and I borrowed some type R table advertising tent from the dealer. It lives in my house now. No the nice service girl gave it to me.
Honda Civic 10th gen Episode 7 : Another day in the life of an R owner. . . Warranty work and fun stuff. 20190628_144413

Honda Civic 10th gen Episode 7 : Another day in the life of an R owner. . . Warranty work and fun stuff. 20190628_144432

OH I thought this was a cool shoot of the R we dont see much
Honda Civic 10th gen Episode 7 : Another day in the life of an R owner. . . Warranty work and fun stuff. 20190622_143008

And if that isnt enough R for a day or 2 there is this type R I saw.
Honda Civic 10th gen Episode 7 : Another day in the life of an R owner. . . Warranty work and fun stuff. 20190609_122103

Got ya, that is a type R from forza on my gaming computer. See so high def :) OH god dont let forum members see this they will want to de-badge it . Damn civic emblem. Bwahahahaha.
Honda Civic 10th gen Episode 7 : Another day in the life of an R owner. . . Warranty work and fun stuff. Screenshot_1

One more fun video of me playing around trying to get stuff to auto launch, adding videos, getting music to play and my exhaust sound :) just something more R.

Anyway thanks all for reading. Post your fun type R stuff you do.

jcp227

First Name
Jimmy Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue (It's even got a rear spoiler)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Regarding the nitrogen fill, if you buy a car from any Hendrick Honda you get free refills for the ownership of the car. It's still a rip in my opinion but figured I would share .Too bad I live 400 miles from the closest one.

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
Love it! Hahaha just cause I debadged the Civic emblem doesn't mean I wanna do it to allllll of them. Just mine. :D I am a little jealous of the table tent thing you got though.

RedGiant217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Accord
Country flag
Man, I want that advertising tent thing. I saw one at my dealership and asked if they could put my name on it. I guess they didn't like me cause they never called me about it and it was gone last time I was there :(

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
Man, I want that advertising tent thing. I saw one at my dealership and asked if they could put my name on it. I guess they didn't like me cause they never called me about it and it was gone last time I was there :(
She was cute, I was charming...bingo table tent in car. LOL