Enkei RPF1

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
25DB509F-B023-4722-93C0-4C0FC2DEB50B.jpeg 402C09D9-066B-4B3B-85F1-AEB40DC79044.jpeg E19BEF56-101C-40DC-BD75-D2DC2086B657.jpeg E6C5100F-33A6-4DFA-B5CD-24984D3BFF94.jpeg DFD1BCFC-B1BE-4C45-8C24-0AD3F614BF73.jpeg
Here’s a few install pictures. I still can’t drive the car yet. I also weighted the oem wheels & the rpf1’s. They have about a 10 pound weight savings on each corner. They fit great , they are very light. I’m in love , it’s a very clean & simple setup , that just works. Topped them off with some OEM Honda center caps :thumbsup:
You plan on lowering?

Detailmylifeaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r , s2000 , delsol & soon to be a NSX
Country flag
You plan on lowering?
Not at the moment , the suspension still needs to settle some. But maybe down the road. I just needed something other than the 20’s , the tires are so small. One pot hole & they are done.

Detailmylifeaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I had some time to go drive the car. Holy crap guys , the car feels so nibble & light with these wheels. It’s hard to explain, but you can definitely tell the car has dropped a few pounds in the gas pedal. I also notice the car accelerated much faster. I first went & drive it stock. Then I uploaded the stage 2 hondata map & went back out for another spin. And DAMN .. it was literally like night & day. 3rd gear pulls so F’ing hard & 4th & 5th lol.. The Michelin ps4’s grip so good. I took a hard interstate loop & the car was glued to the road. There’s no way I could have pushed the car passed its limits, it just wanted all I could throw at it.. overall I’m very very happy & pleased with everything. If you have any questions or want any different pictures , just let me know. Cheers

HRace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag
I had some time to go drive the car. Holy crap guys , the car feels so nibble & light with these wheels. It’s hard to explain, but you can definitely tell the car has dropped a few pounds in the gas pedal. I also notice the car accelerated much faster. I first went & drive it stock. Then I uploaded the stage 2 hondata map & went back out for another spin. And DAMN .. it was literally like night & day. 3rd gear pulls so F’ing hard & 4th & 5th lol.. The Michelin ps4’s grip so good. I took a hard interstate loop & the car was glued to the road. There’s no way I could have pushed the car passed its limits, it just wanted all I could throw at it.. overall I’m very very happy & pleased with everything. If you have any questions or want any different pictures , just let me know. Cheers
Finally! Ha. Been waiting for your review. Glad you drove it without the flash to gauge just the wheel weight decrease. Sounds awesome. Grip sounds perfect and of course the flash is icing on the cake.

Detailmylifeaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Finally! Ha. Been waiting for your review. Glad you drove it without the flash to gauge just the wheel weight decrease. Sounds awesome. Grip sounds perfect and of course the flash is icing on the cake.
Yea I had to drive it one last time stock , just to feel out the wheels. And you can definitely tell the car seems way more nibble. The grip is insane

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Exige; 2018 & 2021 Honda Type R
Country flag
No torque steer or numbness in turn in? That seems to always be the general consensus: Numbness in turn in.

Detailmylifeaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No torque steer or numbness in turn in? That seems to always be the general consensus: Numbness in turn in.
Zero torque steer & zero numbness.. it felt better than the oem wheels & tires. The Michelin ps4s’s are awesome tires. Inn 3rd gear you better hang on , but it goes dead straight , even with the Hondata map

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Excellent news! I think I may still hang out a season on the stock rims hoping to find some deeper offset 18s by 2019. I'd love to see us get closer to the original spec with the lightness and affordability of the RPF1s! Amazing wheels. Thank you again for your report on these.

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
I disagree . I put ps4s with 18 o.z et45 at the front only . It does have noticeable yank on uneven road. More body roll, less direct steering . Im back to stock for now .

Detailmylifeaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I disagree . I put ps4s with 18 o.z et45 at the front only . It does have noticeable yank on uneven road. More body roll, less direct steering . Im back to stock for now .
Hmmm I didn’t notice any of that. My car has a very direct feel. Tons of grip & no yank at all. And the reason I changed wheels was because our roads are so bad around here. Then again stage 2 93 octane tune from hondata had me smiling

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
There are plenty of others reporting this even with the more expensive rims (volks) etc... Why I hope to see some of the tuners step in and do some rigorous testing with rims to determine actual data then just butt dynos.
Sponsored