engine isnt making factory boost level

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
its most likely a spike
True, but the gauge doesn't appear to reflect exactly what the logs are reading at. All the logs show sustained boost in the 12-14 psi range at WOT. I'd be running an analog boost gauge if I had a 1.5.

It should definitely be making more power with the lower knock values, so that kind of stumps me since yours is pretty much optimal. Additionally, ignition appears very conservative 4-8* BTDC max sustained. So definitely not knock.

Also, your injection duty cycle only maxed out at 30%! I am very surprised by that. That means you've got room for a much bigger turbo on this motor.

ETA: After reviewing all of your logs, it seems the ECU is partially closing the throttle plate as the CVT changes it's ratios and that is causing a dip in boost, which takes some time for the turbo to regain. That is probably to prevent a torque spike from causing damage.
Sponsored

Last edited:

CEXT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX Turbo
Country flag
I find the boost drops every time it fakes an upshift and then gets back to max boost as it nears redline again.

OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
True, but the gauge doesn't appear to reflect exactly what the logs are reading at. I'd be running an analog boost gauge if I had a 1.5.

It should definitely be making more power with the lower knock values, so that kind of stumps me since yours is pretty much optimal. Additionally, ignition appears very conservative 8* BTDC max sustained. So definitely not knock.

Also, your injection duty cycle only maxed out at 27%! I am very surprised by that. That means you've got room for a much bigger turbo on this motor. :thumbsup:
yea that was the first thing i notice about the injector duty.
I find the boost drops every time it fakes an upshift and then gets back to max boost as it nears redline again.
We might have the same problem, I think i seen my do that sometime. I seen it only boost half the meter only on some occasion like that

kmccall1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic, 2015 regal turbo, 2007 corvette Z06
yea that was the first thing i notice about the injector duty.

We might have the same problem, I think i seen my do that sometime. I seen it only boost half the meter only on some occasion like that
what if you use L,.....wonder if the psi will stay pegged at max?

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
My car was never making 14 on the factory tune. it was peaking around 11 or 12

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
As for the car getting worse after a little driving, but performing better right after a reset or flash. that issue has been worked out by ktuner for me!

OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
True, but the gauge doesn't appear to reflect exactly what the logs are reading at. All the logs show sustained boost in the 12-14 psi range at WOT. I'd be running an analog boost gauge if I had a 1.5.

It should definitely be making more power with the lower knock values, so that kind of stumps me since yours is pretty much optimal. Additionally, ignition appears very conservative 4-8* BTDC max sustained. So definitely not knock.

Also, your injection duty cycle only maxed out at 30%! I am very surprised by that. That means you've got room for a much bigger turbo on this motor.

ETA: After reviewing all of your logs, it seems the ECU is partially closing the throttle plate as the CVT changes it's ratios and that is causing a dip in boost, which takes some time for the turbo to regain. That is probably to prevent a torque spike from causing damage.
Apparently my car doesn't like 93. Switch back to 87 everything is back to normal. Going to try 89 next

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Apparently my car doesn't like 93. Switch back to 87 everything is back to normal. Going to try 89 next
I'm on 91. why didn't it like the higher octane?

OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
not sure , knock control is taking over. It might not be mapped correctly for it

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Are you running a higher octane tune? the factory map is tuned for regular, that could be why the ECU is angry.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Cvt might not like that but I'll give it a shot lol

LTurbo2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si , 2017 Subaru Wrx
Country flag
ive done it to my CVT EX-T it worked but yeah make sure your car is warm lol. but apparently on the newer turbo Acura's full boost through the "gear" you are in and the next by brake boosting
Sponsored