engine isnt making factory boost level

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Anyone notice that their boost gauge doesnt go near the top anymore?? My will stop below 2 bars or sometimes 3 from the top. according to my datalogs , its only making 10-11psi. The weird thing is if i reset the ecu. the car will make 14-15psi with no problem until i drive it for like 10min.

can some of you guys pay attention to your gauage and see if it stays at the top with one bar unused or completely maxed out.

The car is definitely a lot faster whenever i reset the ecu
Sponsored

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've noticed mine dipping lower too, usually near redline it used to max out, even when it started missing 2 bars, but now it won't max it ever. How exactly do I reset the ECU? I know this involves either removing power or unplugging the ECU for a specified amount of time, but hearing from someone who's done it would be nice. I would also like to double check your findings.

OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
J
I've noticed mine dipping lower too, usually near redline it used to max out, even when it started missing 2 bars, but now it won't max it ever. How exactly do I reset the ECU? I know this involves either removing power or unplugging the ECU for a specified amount of time, but hearing from someone who's done it would be nice. I would also like to double check your findings.
I just disconnect the battery for 10sec

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It might be the ECU adjusting to driving style. Would explain why it goes back to normal after resetting.

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
What fuel are you running, and what does your knock control value look like? After reset it should start at .90 and reduce from there.

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
91-93 octane, so it shouldn't be knock, I don't have anything to log with yet though. I do plan on Ktuner.

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
A proper reset involves removing both battery cables and tying them together for about 10 minutes without touching either of the battery terminals. This discharges all capacitors in the system, resets readiness, and eliminates all stored fault codes.

After that, it will be necessary to perform idle relearn procedure.

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
91-93 octane, so it shouldn't be knock, I don't have anything to log with yet though. I do plan on Ktuner.
Sorry, that was directed to dc2turbo. I thought I'd quoted his post in mine.

OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
A proper reset involves removing both battery cables and tying them together for about 10 minutes without touching either of the battery terminals. This discharges all capacitors in the system, resets readiness, and eliminates all stored fault codes.

After that, it will be necessary to perform idle relearn procedure.
What fuel are you running, and what does your knock control value look like? After reset it should start at .90 and reduce from there.
93 octane and boost runs perfect at at .75 or above. At .49 , it runs the least boost.

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
93 octane and boost runs perfect at at .75 or above. At .49 , it runs the least boost.
Strange. Those are well within normal range. The only other reason I could think of why the ECU would reduce boost would coolant temp or IAT's way outside of normal range, but I bet those are normal too. Correct?

OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Strange. Those are well within normal range. The only other reason I could think of why the ECU would reduce boost would coolant temp or IAT's way outside of normal range, but I bet those are normal too. Correct?
yup iat is below 100F and ECT is usually around 188F

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
Thought I'd add this here since it will hopefully help someone else, should they encounter this:

After looking at your file #19, it recorded max boost @ 5334 rpm's as 1.988 bar (14.3 psi), while requested was 1.787 bar (11.4 psi) which is what you stated in the op.

So, it seems that the boost gauge only records requested boost rather than actual boost, so it's probably not a good idea to rely on it. A real analog boost gauge would serve better.

OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
its most likely a spike.

the gauge reads off the map. i can see it spike up sometime for half a sec. Thats also a tuned map and not the factory map.
Sponsored

Last edited: