2.0L Engine Hesitation while Accelerating and Jerking frequently at red light or stop sign

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic2016 LX 2.0l Automatic
Country flag
Hi Everyone,

My car started showing the signs of engine hesitation and jerking out of the blue yesterday. Due to this Covid19 outbreak, I am working from home and I didn't drive my 2016 Civic LX 2.0l (Automatic transmission with 10,2000 kms on it) for a few days. But yesterday, I decided to go outside to buy a few things and all of a sudden my car started showing signs of engine hesitation while driving in the city at 50-60 Km/hr speed. It was hesitating more while accelerating. Then I decided to go on a highway just to check what is happening. While I was speeding up and try to merge on the highway, my car started jerking frequently. After then, I decided to come home and not to drive.

This morning I tried to give it a second shot before calling the dealership, I went for a short drive around my neighbourhood, It showed little signs of engine hesitation. Things got worse when I pulled up on my driveway. The Check Engine light came on along with all different kinds of warning signs on the dash.

It shows..
1. Emission System Problem
2. Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) Problem
3. Hill Start Assist Problem
4. Power Steering System Problem (EPS)
5. Brake System Problem
6. Brake Hold System Problem

The car jerks every few seconds while in the Drive mode or on Reverse mode but with the brakes on. The jerks are noticeable. Car stops jerking while in Parking mode.

Any suggestions guys? What could possibly the issue? Did anyone have the same experience? Is there any vehicle recalls related to this in Canada or the USA? Is it the engine misfire due to worn out spark plugs or timing belt or dirt or debris in the fuel tank? Could it be water in the fuel tank due to high ethanol content in gas? I did fill up my gas tank at Costco for a cheaper price at $0.58 cents a litre due to this outbreak.

Thanks,
Sponsored

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
possibly bad fuel or water in fuel or anything. Try to switch off the engine wait for few mins and restart. If you have OBD scanner you can check the codes the ECU triggered