Engine differences between Type-R and Accord 2.0

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Grab an accord, add type r pistons, type r cams, type r turbo, bigger intercooler, downpipe custom tuned and you have a Type R killer with 10 speed. I wont be surprised if this starts to happen shortly.

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
Country flag
What if....we take the transmission of the Accord and install it in the R? I'm sure this will happen as well!

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
Grab an accord, add type r pistons, type r cams, type r turbo, bigger intercooler, downpipe custom tuned and you have a Type R killer with 10 speed. I wont be surprised if this starts to happen shortly.
Yeah, that could happen but the biggest challenge on the Accord is not power. It's getting the power to the ground without a LSD.

FriscoBrah

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
The R has an entirely different fuel system from the fuel lines, injectors, and pump that could be a bit of a road block. There's also some other minor things that are different as well.

I'm curious how power the DCT can handle? I know the DSGs in VWs are pretty robust but I haven't heard much about Honda's DCTs handling power.

FK8_K20c1

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
The R has an entirely different fuel system from the fuel lines, injectors, and pump that could be a bit of a road block. There's also some other minor things that are different as well.

I'm curious how power the DCT can handle? I know the DSGs in VWs are pretty robust but I haven't heard much about Honda's DCTs handling power.
Nsx has no problem putting the instant torque power down from the electrical motors.

FriscoBrah

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nsx has no problem putting the instant torque power down from the electrical motors.
That’s an apples to oranges comparison and only one electric motor is driven through the tranny. The front motors are independent...

Do you actually believe the Accord and NSX transmission are remotely close robustness? Without a doubt they’re different starting with the clutch packs.

slowman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ABM CTR, 08 Mugen Si, 07 Fit Sport, 06 Acura TSX, 95 240 LS3, 93 Civic VX B16B
Country flag
Accord 2.0T has a 10 speed automatic. Some of the Acuras have an 8 speed DCT (9 speed in NSX).

FK8_K20c1

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
That’s an apples to oranges comparison and only one electric motor is driven through the tranny. The front motors are independent...

Do you actually believe the Accord and NSX transmission are remotely close robustness? Without a doubt they’re different starting with the clutch packs.
Oh yea I did not mean to say the trans were identically. I meant that if the NSX has one that can handle all the power the CTR can have one too.

FriscoBrah

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oh yea I did not mean to say the trans were identically. I meant that if the NSX has one that can handle all the power the CTR can have one too.
It would surprise me if Honda offered a Type R in auto. It would be a first for Honda.

FK8_K20c1

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
It would surprise me if Honda offered a Type R in auto. It would be a first for Honda.
We all were surprised when honda came out with turbo engines so it may be possible.
Sponsored