Engine break-in procedure?

Eagle_f90

I just got my CTR last night and was looking though the manual but can't find it nore was I able to dig any info up via search here. What is the proper engine break-in process for the CTR?
Sponsored

NinjamanCTR

Space Force Special Forces
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 2018 Ford Expedition Limited, 1998 Ford Contour aka the beater.
Try to avoid going over 4k rpms, take it easy on the brakes for 200 miles, go crazy after 600 miles on the odo. :D

remc86007

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
What Ninja said. I would also suggest not getting too boost happy in the low rpms as a result of trying to keep the revs down. Just because the car can make 25PSI at 2500 RPMs doesn't mean you should do it regularly.

OP
OP

Eagle_f90

I have been keeping it under 3.5k except for that one time I want to test rev match on a 2 gear downshift. I was at just over 4k for a second or so. Have not been driving her hard...yet. Also I though I had read something about certain throttle % to keep under as well?

Z06_Pilot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP CTR #15484 | Corvette Z06's | Toyota Tundra #2, | Mini Cooper Countryman Works edition | Can-Am Spyder | Ducati X-Diavel
Country flag
Congratulations! what color?

great advice all. I see so many times on other car forums where someone asks this question and invariably they will get an answer like "I drove it like I stole it as soon as I left the dealer lot".

I actually didn't find it that difficult to be patient with the mileage before winding it out. This car is so much fun to shift and drive, I don't have to be burning the wick at 18psi to have a really great time.

not sure about the throttle percentage during break-in.....I would guess that WOT would not be advised :) But when you are clear to try that (especially in 3rd or 4th gear), be sure you don't have any unsecured open beverage in the car because you or someone else will definitely be wearing it....

Z06_Pilot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP CTR #15484 | Corvette Z06's | Toyota Tundra #2, | Mini Cooper Countryman Works edition | Can-Am Spyder | Ducati X-Diavel
Country flag
Aegean Blue Metalic

I will get my fun with it in at the end of the month at some auto-x events that for sure.
Ah, the rubber depletion begins!....did you like that note on the window sticker saying that "with the equipped high performance tires, you may or may not see 10k miles"....love that....

OP
OP

Eagle_f90

Have not seen that note, did not really look at the window sticker.

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR #16979, '18 Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just got my ABM today. She's sitting in the garage with 22 miles on her and updated footwear and rubber.

Break-in on this car will test every limit to my patience I know of at this moment.

JayeGee

JaysCTR2528
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 EK HATCH EJ6 & 2017 CTR FK8
Country flag
After 500 miles drive it till you redline enjoy it! No need to baby it a car like this was built to be driven hard you only live once so live it.
Sponsored