Emissions systems warning

GTA_Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Touring
Country flag
Hi all,

After getting groceries yesterday, I started the car and instantly had an emissions warning. Complete with CEL. I turned it off, waited 20 seconds, turned it back on and got the same warning....and then every other warning from auto high beams to lane keep assist. I drove a little ways to make one last stop before home and after that stop, drove home except only with the emissions warning.

Once home, I tried hooking up to Ktuner but had a laptop issue - and still had emissions warning.

Got the laptop issue sorted, went back to the car and then everything was back to normal like nothing ever happened. CEL light was even off.

Has this happened to anyone or any input on what could have happened?.

I have the 3-stage Ktuner tune with slight modifications to boost, ramp etc. Everything done from quick adj menu, nothing maxed out.

Conditions were cooler in underground parking, rainy, warmer and humid approx 15 Celsius outside. Was driving mostly in eco mode with cruise off so rev hang was disabled. All parameters on head-unit Tunerview were normal. Can disabling rev hang have any effect on emissions sensors? Could the change in humidity have affected the sensors to stop working temporarily?

Drove to work this morning and everything is still normal.

Thanks!
Sponsored

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Yeah can’t really diagnose anything without the check engine codes. What mods, if any do you have?

OP
OP

GTA_Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Touring
Country flag
I don't have any mods. I put the post in the forum because I do have a Ktuner. My suspicion lies more with wonky sensors.

For example I consistently get a brake warning if I'm on a residential side street doing approx 33-37 kmph. Twice auto braking has occurred for no reason doing 50 on a city street.

If the CEL comes on, doesn't it have to be manually cleared? Like having to disconnect the battery/fuse if you forget a gas cap one day. Still don't understand why that went away on it's own