Emission system problem

wilsonyyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX
Hi everyone, i just got this message on my Canadian lx 2.0 after a 30km drive in cold weather(-15C or so), im quite disppointed because i have only had this car for 2 weeks.I guess I need to go back to the dealer.

Honda Civic 10th gen Emission system problem 20160119_085320
Sponsored

howrd29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Vehicle Showcase
Hi everyone, i just got this message on my Canadian lx 2.0 after a 30km drive in cold weather(-15C or so), im quite disppointed because i have only had this car for 2 weeks.I guess I need to go back to the dealer.
I would be interested in what was your diagnosis.

I had the same issue on my 2016 LX. Emissions problem / check engine light came on at 72km (second day I had the car). Brought it back to the dealer, and was tested as bad knock sensor (saw the report myself) which was promptly changed. They checked all other readings and no other problems were noticed.

OP
OP

wilsonyyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX
According to the my dealer's report, it was also due to intermittent knock sensor failure, however, they just cleared the code instead of replacing the sensor.

howrd29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Vehicle Showcase
Okay, so we had the same issue. I am picking up the car today... if the light comes back on again I will post it here. The actual technician/mechanic I spoke to (and believed) noted that if it was his new car he would have just reset it and see if it ever comes up again, but because it was a customer's new car, and I tend to be pretty demanding, they took one off of a new car on the lot and replaced mine.

Please post if it comes back. Then you should definitely ask that they replace it.

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, MSM with Black Interior
Country flag
took one off of a new car on the lot and replaced mine
Haha, someone's probably gonna buy a car with a known bad part... just like the defective returns to the big box stores that get put right back on the shelf.

howrd29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Vehicle Showcase
Haha, someone's probably gonna buy a car with a known bad part... just like the defective returns to the big box stores that get put right back on the shelf.
Pretty sure they ordered a new sensor for the other car on the lot. They wanted a quick fix for me I think... I had the car less than 24 hours. But you never know...

CDN16LX6MT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX 6MT
Also experienced the same fault, after only 540km. :mad::(

I created a thread and poll in the "Issues and Repairs" subforum to track this problem.

palacioreese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic
Ive only had mines for two weeks now to and it says the same thing, did they fix your car?

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Ive only had mines for two weeks now to and it says the same thing, did they fix your car?
There's a TSB in the US to fix this problem for LX/EX (2.0L) cars with a software change. TSB 16-18, IIRC.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
I would also ask them to flush my gas system
How did a known/fixed software bug result in dirt/water in the fuel system?
They put a new sensor in and updated my software
I'm surprised they put in a new sensor--unless it wasn't the knock sensor but was some other sensor/because the read out some other error code--since the TSB suggests Honda won't reimburse for any P0326 diagnostic code fix before doing the software update.

kommong2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I am disappointed. Less than 2 week old EX-T got following messages when I started driving just now. 'Emission System Problem', 'Brake System Problem', 'Brake Hold System Problem', Vehicle Stability Assist(VSA) Problem, 'Hill Start Assist problem', 'Power Steering System(EPS) Problem. Will have to take it to dealer abt 20 miles away tomorrow morning.

Jay Jay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring 2016
I also had the check engine light up on me today, i was real surprise since i got the car 3 weeks ago... I thought maybe it was the gas i used... Before that i would use octane 91 from shell and yesterday i used 87 also from shell. Then i went to get groceries came back to the car and it disappeared. Hope it stays that way. Checked engine on a brand new car is ridiculous!
Sponsored