CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
There will probably be coils sooner or later. You’ll just lose the dampening adjustmentnpart of the driving mode
Someone on here posted a company was developing coils that integrated with the dampening adjustments between the different driving mode. Which thread it is buried in I have no idea and don't recall the company name. Maybe it was KW?

Edit: It was in the master coilover thread. KW is working on their V3 with DDC

https://www.civicx.com/threads/civic-type-r-master-coilover-guide.14123/
Sponsored

Last edited:

peterdawolf

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR #16318, 1995 M3 S/C in a 1994 325i
These springs are comfortable since they are very close to OEM spring rates. I don't launch the car so I can't answer those questions. No torque steer to report. These springs have not made any noises.

I would love to stiffen up the spring rates on my next setup (for track purpose). Either stiffer springs or sway bars. Haven't decided yet.
temp4.JPG
Springs control steady-state body roll while cornering, swaybars control transitioning body roll while entering or exiting the corners.

Bottom line? Swaybars are great but don't do anything when the car is settled into the corner, only on entry really. Springs are what's required.. and for spring rates, I'd be shooting for around 250% of stock spring rates for something to really perform on the track. Couple those with revalved struts / shocks that can handle the spring rates, and you'll have a beast of a suspension. If someone's just looking for lower and minimal investment, I'd go for the Swift springs over the Eibach (either pro-kit or Sportline) because the rates are a bit more of an upgrade over stock spring rates.

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
What are the differences between the Pro Kit and the Sportline Kit?

PMM-R22024

First Name
Vannack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM Civic Type R #22024
Country flag
Someone on here posted a company was developing coils that integrated with the dampening adjustments between the different driving mode. Which thread it is buried in I have no idea and don't recall the company name. Maybe it was KW?

Edit: It was in the master coilover thread. KW is working on their V3 with DDC

https://www.civicx.com/threads/civic-type-r-master-coilover-guide.14123/
Thank you for sharing this! Just what I was looking for. The V3 works with the OEM dampening modes?

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag