Eibach Pro-Kit Hatchback Sport

mPlasticDesign

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BRZ, 2011bmwM3, 2011 1M Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I finally got the Eibach Pro-kit installed. Pretty surprised at how the ride quality(harshness) was virtually unchanged. This car is my daily driver so I didn't want to change the ride quality. The handling however is noticeably better. The turn in is sharper and there is less lean under load. The car now looks like it should have from the factory IMO. The wheel well gap is reduced by about 1" all around. In my case the alignment showed that there is minimal toe adjustment that was needed and my camber is still within factory range(although it was very close in the driver rear by 0.1deg). Sometimes suspension geometry can really mess up the specs even with the slightest drop. I don't think the camber kit is really needed with the Pro-kit, unless you reall want to dial back the camber.

Us hatchback guys may not be able to get the Si package but we do have the stiffer HB chassis that the R is based on. It's a good base for a really good handling car. With the +6 Proflash and these springs, some future dampners and big brake kit, I think I am going to be happier in the long run with the HB with no sunroof(reduced weight, more headroom, quieter....), lower price point than the Si and the practicality of the hatch. Looks are subjective but I prefer the hatch back end as well. Not a fan of bolt on spoilers(seem like an afterthought) and the HB integrated spoiler looks spot on!

Honda Civic 10th gen Eibach Pro-Kit Hatchback Sport IMG_8874.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Eibach Pro-Kit Hatchback Sport IMG_8865.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Eibach Pro-Kit Hatchback Sport IMG_8895.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Eibach Pro-Kit Hatchback Sport IMG_8873.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Eibach Pro-Kit Hatchback Sport FullSizeRender

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Very nice, thanks for the review. Did you happen to get your exact alignment specs after installation? I'm curious as to what the exact difference was.

OP
OP
mPlasticDesign

mPlasticDesign

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Very nice, thanks for the review. Did you happen to get your exact alignment specs after installation? I'm curious as to what the exact difference was.
Here are the current alignment specs. I do not have the "pre" because they didn't save them but the changes were so small they didn't even charge me for the alignment. Considered it a "free alinment check" so I can't really complain.

Honda Civic 10th gen Eibach Pro-Kit Hatchback Sport align.JPG

mokylim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic LX-P
Country flag
Here are the current alignment specs. I do not have the "pre" because they didn't save them but the changes were so small they didn't even charge me for the alignment. Considered it a "free alinment check" so I can't really complain.

align.JPG
Whered you get an alignment if i may ask?

OP
OP
mPlasticDesign

mPlasticDesign

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Whered you get an alignment if i may ask?
I've had several people ask where I got the alignment and why no camber kit and if I even needed one..... The alignment was done at Firestone Complete Auto Care. I get all my synthetic oil changes, tire rotations etc there for all my vehicles. As far as the rear camber on my car, with -2.0 and -1.8deg rear camber I don't agree that you would "NEED" the kit, as some say. The goal is to achieve an inside edge that's 5-10 degrees Fahrenheit hotter than the outside edge. You can get this with typically NO more than 2.5 degrees of negative camber on a track-bound, FWD Honda. Any more than that is just asking for excessive tire wear and poor handling. Although toe is the number one culprit of tire wear, incorrect camber isn't far behind. I kinda like the still pretty conservative and ever so slightly more aggressive camber at -1.8-2.0deg. Having said this, anyone running the "Sportline" springs without a camber kit is probably getting worse handling and really should get the rear camber kit.... Hope this helps you guys....

Last edited:

ryan714

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
I've had several people ask where I got the alignment and why no camber kit and if I even needed one..... The alignment was done at Firestone Complete Auto Care. I get all my synthetic oil changes, tire rotations etc there for all my vehicles. As far as the rear camber on my car, with -2.0 and -1.8deg rear camber I don't agree that you would "NEED" the kit, as some say. The goal is to achieve an inside edge that's 5-10 degrees Fahrenheit hotter than the outside edge. You can get this with typically NO more than 2.5 degrees of negative camber on a track-bound, FWD Honda. Any more than that is just asking for excessive tire wear and poor handling. Although toe is the number one culprit of tire wear, incorrect camber isn't far behind. I kinda like the still pretty conservative and ever so slightly more aggressive camber at -1.8-2.0deg. Having said this, anyone running the "Sportline" springs without a camber kit is probably getting worse handling and really should get the rear camber kit.... Hope this helps you guys....
Only a rear camber kit would be needed for the sport line?

OP
OP
mPlasticDesign

mPlasticDesign

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Only a rear camber kit would be needed for the sport line?
I personally don't think so, but if someone wants to be exactly in the middle of the factory specs range then a camber kit is necessary. Like my alignment results show, it is still within factory specs range and a little extra negative camber will help improve handling but will reduce tire life slightly too. There is always a trade off. Also too much negative camber(beyond -2.5deg like I mentioned) you are actually hurting performance. Obviously the "stance" crowd is going for form over function with the tucked, stretched and extreme camber but each to his own.

I'm more interested in what the the rear camber settings for the Type R are going to be, I'm guessing it will be more aggressive than the regular civic line.

Mannyp93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Civic EX, 2016 Civic EX
I have -3.8 on the left rear and -2.8 on the right rear. I will probably be going with a camber kit. Although the shop guys said since it's a coilover suspension it's not going to be factory spec alignment and that it has to be customized.

eduranjr

First Name
rtet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tgt
I saw a video on youtube that said aftermarket springs with factory shocks are not recommended, is true this? I have not pulled the trigger yet because of this...

OP
OP
mPlasticDesign

mPlasticDesign

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I saw a video on youtube that said aftermarket springs with factory shocks are not recommended, is true this? I have not pulled the trigger yet because of this...
Nah, the factory dampers are perfectly fine for such a modest drop. Those are people trying to sell you something or justify the money spent on their own purchase. They may shorten the life of the shocks slightly and then you could buy a set that is better matched to the spring rate, but till then I certainly wouldn't worry about it in a daily driver like I am using the car.

Last edited:

eduranjr

First Name
rtet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tgt
Nah, the factory dampers are perfectly fine for such a modest drop. Those are people trying to sell you something. They may shorten the life of the shocks slightly and then you could buy a set that is better matched to the spring rate, but till then I certainly wouldn't worry about it in a daily driver like I am using the car.
Thanks for your feedback! looking forward to do this to my coupe very soon!

IcyRyce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are the first 3 shots at OEM height? I'm debating to get either Pro-kit and sportlines, there isn't much forum members that run pro-kits.

OP
OP
mPlasticDesign

mPlasticDesign

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are the first 3 shots at OEM height? I'm debating to get either Pro-kit and Sportlines, there isn't much forum members that run pro-kits.
All the pics are post install. I wanted a slightly firmer ride and didn't want it to look dropped too low. Basically look better than stock but still look like it could have come from the factory that way. The one big benefit IMO is that with the ProKit you can get away with forgoing the camber kit. With the Sportline you most certainly will need the camber kit. It all depends on how much ride quality you are willing to sacrifice and how low you want your ride.