Economical Exhaust tips

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They look great. Did they just screw on to the existing pipe or did you have to modify somehow? Definately something I would consider if Walmart Canada carries the same product. Turbo's should have come from the factory this way.

Do they change the sound at all?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
They look great. How did you get them to fit with the downturned factory tips?

OP
OP

idgystinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2015 BMW 328d
They look great. H did you get them to fit with the downturned factory tips?
A few replies in one. Yes on the Walmart item (see attached). The factory bend is not friendly but these are so big I believe no pressure change or restriction.
I will run some trials on the heat issue. I am seriously thinking about getting my Dremel out and making a slight cut out then applying some black trim if that looks rough.
So will test the temp build up, and perhaps that will make me do the cut out.

The thing looks like a hybrid/electric with no exhaust. Like a plug in car the energy is made with unicorn dust.....

Honda Civic 10th gen Economical Exhaust tips IMG_7030.JPG

OP
OP

idgystinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They look great. Did they just screw on to the existing pipe or did you have to modify somehow? Definately something I would consider if Walmart Canada carries the same product. Turbo's should have come from the factory this way.

Do they change the sound at all?
I cannot detect sound delta, however, 22 years in the US Army may have affected that. Being an engineer, I drilled on extra hole on the bottom and rigged a bonus set point. The angle of the factory pipes is a challenge--

I will run around a few days and post results on any issues. Silly the touring did not get these standard.

Honda Civic 10th gen Economical Exhaust tips IMG_7026.JPG

Rook3300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (no more)
I will run around a few days and post results on any issues. Silly the touring did not get these standard.

IMG_7026.JPG
Any way you could post a picture from the direct back of the car? I'd like to see how they sit relative to the bumper from the backside. Thanks!

OP
OP

idgystinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
here you go. I also tested for heat. These are so big and with dual exhaust the tips do not get very hot. Since they do touch the bumper I will be finding some material to put between them. Still toying with the idea of using the Dremel to make a slight cut out.
Any way you could post a picture from the direct back of the car? I'd like to see how they sit relative to the bumper from the backside. Thanks!
Honda Civic 10th gen Economical Exhaust tips image (3)

CivicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2014 Ram 1500, 2016 Harley Ultra Limited
Watch out for ground clearance going into our of the right type of driveway angle could result in them scraping the ground.

Rook3300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (no more)
Watch out for ground clearance going into our of the right type of driveway angle could result in them scraping the ground.
Good point. I'd also be wary of backing up into some of those cement stoppers they have in parking lot spaces. Granted, we have backup cameras but it can be easy to forget you've lost a couple of inches of bumper clearance from those exhaust tips.

OP
OP

idgystinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good point. I'd also be wary of backing up into some of those cement stoppers they have in parking lot spaces. Granted, we have backup cameras but it can be easy to forget you've lost a couple of inches of bumper clearance from those exhaust tips.
Yes, the new civic is low to start with. most curbs not friendly to front, rear or wheels. Fortunately, I park in the south 40 at work and in the garage at home--but you are correct about backing in and yikes. In the picture the one on pass side looks off center. It was not bolted on yet.

Luis_Vuitton_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Did you stick the downward portion of the exhaust pipe inside the exhaust tip, or did you have to cut the downward portion off?

OP
OP

idgystinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you stick the downward portion of the exhaust pipe inside the exhaust tip, or did you have to cut the downward portion off?
The version I purchased is such a large diameter that there is no decrease in flow area or restriction. So No cutting on my part. Ran well today and tips really do not get very hot. Still in trial mode.

Luis_Vuitton_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
I put same tips on my car this afternoon and they touch the press against the rear bumber. I drove for 10 minutes and the tips were hot and the rear of the car smelled like something was burning. Did you experience the same? I'm wod ering if the burning smell is oil residue from the new tips or my bumber melting. :(
Sponsored