Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A4439835-6029-4486-93B7-B7E77067FB1E.jpeg

Decided to get something different. Fitment is on point.
Looks great. Are you using back the H emblem? Any closer picture of the H emblem showing how it sits on the shroud?

That's the same brand that people are saying the VRS style wing fitment is great..i might have to take one for the team and order this!
I don't know, but even the real JS grill don't fit right. The end tip of the grill is lifting up from the bumper right in front of the headlight.

Sponsored

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
@hikaru the grill came with a emblem holder and the emblem. The holder clips into the grill.

halohalomix206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SGP FK8 TYPE R, X5M, Mini Cooper S
Country flag
ahhh man thats lame so even the real deal had fitment issues?!?!?

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
That's the same brand that people are saying the VRS style wing fitment is great..i might have to take one for the team and order this!
I don't have a CTR, but I did purchase said grill in carbon fiber. I'll install it later this week and report back on how it fits unless someone else gets to it first.

Edit with picture of said grill. *I went ahead and removed the aluminum mesh and painted it black

Honda Civic 10th gen Ebay Grill Link Here - Beat Overheating or Just for Looks JS styl

Last edited:

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't have a CTR, but I did purchase said grill in carbon fiber. I'll install it later this week and report back on how it fits unless someone else gets to it first.
Thanks in advance! Looking forward to your report. Do you have any logging device to record IAT and ECT for before and after? Thanks.

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
Thanks in advance! Looking forward to your report. Do you have any logging device to record IAT and ECT for before and after? Thanks.
I do, but I will be installing my intercooler at the same time.

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@hikaru the grill came with a emblem holder and the emblem. The holder clips into the grill.
Yes, it comes with the holder, but I was wondering if the H emblem is the same size as the original Honda emblem? I see you put on the oem H emblem instead of the crappy one that comes with it.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ebay Grill Link Here - Beat Overheating or Just for Looks Body-parts-car-grills-for-Hon-da

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Yes, it comes with the holder, but I was wondering if the H emblem is the same size as the original Honda emblem? I see you put on the oem H emblem instead of the crappy one that comes with it.

Body-parts-car-grills-for-Hon-da.jpg
The grill came with the badge holder and “the red H badge already installed” I did not used the oem H badge. Ive only seen my grill with the emblem and holder being sold just from one vendor.

Godofelru

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Definitely interested to see how this shakes out. I'd love to get this grille and still maintain the stock H logo there (not completely open). If it's doable I'm in (and I don't want to spend $1k to do it).

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
Definitely interested to see how this shakes out. I'd love to get this grille and still maintain the stock H logo there (not completely open). If it's doable I'm in (and I don't want to spend $1k to do it).
Quick update, the grill install is on hold. I was not aware that I would have to cut out the bumper/grill center support in order to install said grill. I'll have to think about if I want to install it, and if so, how I want to jerry rig a upper bumper/grill support.

tylermmorton

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R #1362
Country flag
Quick update, the grill install is on hold. I was not aware that I would have to cut out the bumper/grill center support in order to install said grill. I'll have to think about if I want to install it, and if so, how I want to jerry rig a upper bumper/grill support.
Is this just because of the style of the SI bumper? Curious to know if its the same for hatchbacks since I'm trying to get the same CF version.

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
Is this just because of the style of the SI bumper? Curious to know if its the same for hatchbacks since I'm trying to get the same CF version.
Looking through the pics, that center support exists on all the bumpers. Makes sense though. That support would be dead center inside the grill if it wasn't removed.

*Piece circled in pic
Honda Civic 10th gen Ebay Grill Link Here - Beat Overheating or Just for Looks ebay pic

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m surprised, but it seems to be so judging from picture here. The only thing that holds the upper bumper piece is the vertical support, no wonder the upper bumper piece looks like it’s falling apart with only one tiny metal rod.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ebay Grill Link Here - Beat Overheating or Just for Looks FC4613DE-D991-47EC-809D-8EF936445A1C

tylermmorton

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R #1362
Country flag
I’m surprised, but it seems to be so judging from picture here. The only thing that holds the upper bumper piece is the vertical support, no wonder the upper bumper piece looks like it’s falling apart with only one tiny metal rod.

FC4613DE-D991-47EC-809D-8EF936445A1C.jpeg
Are there clips at the top of the bumper for the oem grill? Perhaps some glue and zipties could remedy the lack of support. I really like the J's racing grille - it looks like in this photo it fits the Type R well with no issues. Perhaps the fitment on Vader SI is off just because of the varying shapes/sizes of the bumpers.

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are there clips at the top of the bumper for the oem grill? Perhaps some glue and zipties could remedy the lack of support. I really like the J's racing grille - it looks like in this photo it fits the Type R well with no issues. Perhaps the fitment on Vader SI is off just because of the varying shapes/sizes of the bumpers.
There are many clips at the top bumper piece where it connects the oem grill. Many are having issue with the oem grill because it gets disengaged easily.

If you look at the picture here, the upper bumper piece is too wavy and deformed where the clips are engaged. Since the grill has no vertical support to begin with like the oem, it seems like the upper part of the bumper is collapsing with only one metal rod in the middle.

I believe the grill is way too deep into the bumper, so the vertical support in the bumper has to be removed to install the grill.

I'll simply pass for that on construction and rigidity wise.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ebay Grill Link Here - Beat Overheating or Just for Looks nengun-6667-103-jsracing-front_sports_grill-15b38a1d
Sponsored