East Bay Driving Roads

ablueSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Anyone ever go driving in the Oakland/Berkeley Hills - Moraga - Walnut Creek area? There are some great roads out here.

I usually hit Grizzly Peak, head down Skyline to Pinehurst and Canyon road.

Anyone have additional recs? I've kind of exhausted the areas I know of, although I've now learned the roads which is fun.
Sponsored

Ajandaluz

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback LX
Country flag
I know it’s a little north but one of my favourite challenge roads around the Bay is Spring Mountain Rd going towards St Helena Rd. Lots of hairpin turns and beautiful views. Check it out if you’re ever up that way!

Honda Civic 10th gen East Bay Driving Roads 768FBC9B-CAC8-4DC6-9BCB-D4ED544979EA

Ajandaluz

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback LX
Country flag
Here’s another good driving route for you it goes from Morgan Territory Rd, forks onto Marsh Creek Rd, then turns onto Vasco Rd. lots of farmland and winding turns, Vasco Rd allows you to open it up a bit. Great road for an early morning weekend drives! Let me know how it goes for you.

Honda Civic 10th gen East Bay Driving Roads 69BF79E5-C6A2-4141-9852-760DAFBDF3F9

scoobysnack

First Name
no
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 2008 Volvo C30, 2009 Infiniti G37
Country flag
Have you driven to the top of Mount Diablo yet? If you go try to plan on a clear day for the views. The road takes you pretty much right to the peak.

OP
OP

ablueSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Here’s another good driving route for you it goes from Morgan Territory Rd, forks onto Marsh Creek Rd, then turns onto Vasco Rd. lots of farmland and winding turns, Vasco Rd allows you to open it up a bit. Great road for an early morning weekend drives! Let me know how it goes for you.

69BF79E5-C6A2-4141-9852-760DAFBDF3F9.png
Thank you! This looks like a great route. A little far out from me but I will keep it on my list for sure.

OP
OP

ablueSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Have you driven to the top of Mount Diablo yet? If you go try to plan on a clear day for the views. The road takes you pretty much right to the peak.
Nope I have not - I just did a street view and I'll admit I'm a little intimidated. I usually don't mind cliffs (my typical route has them) but the road looks very narrow. But if it's worth checking out, I'm game!

LMFK7

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I need to drive these roads. Have you guys driven Kings Mountain Road? Its a short course but challenging! check out this video.

And also, La Honda Road.

OP
OP

ablueSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Redwood Road, from Skyline Equestrian Center to Redwood Canyon Golf Course is one of my favorites.

A9FF2C9A-FC58-4882-B446-9BA32076F7D9.jpeg
I've driven this route - it's great! Looks like you're in the East Bay too? Def try Grizzly Peak to Pinehurst and Canyon, it's very narrow and windy in parts but GENERALLY there aren't many cars on that road (if any at all) if you do it odd-hours. I've learned the route so I often do it at night (just need to watch out for deer).

Another good one is - starting from Berkeley and ending up in Concord/Pleasant Hill - Wildcat Canyon rd towards Orinda, which then turns into Bear Creek, to Alhambra Valley Rd. It's a long drive but gorgeous and wide-open.

Last edited:

Jake Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2017 CR-V AWD Touring
Country flag
I've driven this route - it's great! Looks like you're in the East Bay too? Def try Grizzly Peak to Pinehurst and Canyon, it's very narrow and windy in parts but GENERALLY there aren't many cars on that road (if any at all) if you do it odd-hours. I've learned the route so I often do it at night (just need to watch out for deer).

Another good one is - starting from Berkeley and ending up in Concord/Pleasant Hill - Wildcat Canyon rd towards Orinda, which then turns into Bear Creek, to Alhambra Valley Rd. It's a long drive but gorgeous and wide-open.
In fact, you can get to the beginning of Pinehurst from Redwood, along that route.

That’s my absolute favorite! :) I’ve been driving all over those roads since I got my license. I grew up in Pleasant Hill, and am lucky to live here as an adult. I work in Berkeley, so I often drive Alhambra Valley to Bear Creek, then up Wildcat Canyon through Tilden Park for my commute. And believe me, I make a point to appreciate having such an awesome commute, and having driven many great Hondas on it over the years; GS-R, ITR, S2000, Si...

OP
OP

ablueSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
In fact, you can get to the beginning of Pinehurst from Redwood, along that route.

That’s my absolute favorite! :) I’ve been driving all over those roads since I got my license. I grew up in Pleasant Hill, and am lucky to live here as an adult. I work in Berkeley, so I often drive Alhambra Valley to Bear Creek, then up Wildcat Canyon through Tilden Park for my commute. And believe me, I make a point to appreciate having such an awesome commute, and having driven many great Hondas on it over the years; GS-R, ITR, S2000, Si...
Oh this gives me many warm fuzzy feelings. You are lucky to have it as your commute. I actually discovered it when my previous Mazda (2011 Mazda3 2.5 6-speed) was repeatedly in the shop - after driving that route for the first time, I decided to make my visits to Concord Mazda mini road-trips (as opposed to taking the freeway). The best part is that I got to drive various, brand-new loaner vehicles on the same route. I can only imagine how fun the cars you listed would be.

I live in Berkeley and am often still in the Concord/Pleasant Hill area, so if you see an Aegean Blue Si Sedan, give me a wave! I really haven't seen any other AG Si sedans in this area since the car was launched.

Also - if you like tacos, tacos el patron on monument is incredible.
Sponsored