XXCIVICXX
First Name
BRICKFLAIR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX 2.0L
Country flag
I am looking to order a Ktuner v1.2 from the Ktuner website and I just wanted to hear from people about the easiest little tweaks I can do to my car that would improve the driving experience (more fun). I have never tuned a car before and would not like to ruin this amazing vehicle so I am trying to stay away from any real complicated tweaks.

I hear people talk about rev hang delete and boost targets etc. But I have no idea what these mean and what they particularly do to the vehicle. Any suggestions that I should do? I plan on running the base maps and not diving too deep into the ECU.

Thanks!
Sponsored

imccly89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT WOP
Country flag
Boost targets are only relevant for turbo engines and yours is naturally aspirated, so you can ignore that. I can't give you first-hand experience for the 2.0L, but this thread should be a good starting point.

https://www.civicx.com/threads/civicx-2-0l-tuning-big-gains-confirmed-for-the-second-time.17353/

Starter maps are very easy to use. Rev hang disable is applicable for 6mt cars and makes shifting easier by stopping the throttle from staying open after your foot comes off the gas. If you get the V1.2, the TunerView Android app is really helpful and makes flashing even easier.

OP
OP

P3ARLCIVICX

XXCIVICXX
First Name
BRICKFLAIR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX 2.0L
Country flag
Boost targets are only relevant for turbo engines and yours is naturally aspirated, so you can ignore that. I can't give you first-hand experience for the 2.0L, but this thread should be a good starting point.

https://www.civicx.com/threads/civicx-2-0l-tuning-big-gains-confirmed-for-the-second-time.17353/

Starter maps are very easy to use. Rev hang disable is applicable for 6mt cars and makes shifting easier by stopping the throttle from staying open after your foot comes off the gas. If you get the V1.2, the TunerView Android app is really helpful and makes flashing even easier.

So what basically comes with the base tunes? like what is changed in the base tunes compared to the stock tuning? Sorry if this is a noob question I just want to figure it out before I drop 400$ on it.

imccly89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT WOP
Country flag
Like I was saying, I don't have the 2.0L, so I can't tell you what those basemaps are like. You can ask in the thread I linked or look around for more reviews.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
The tuning is changed in the basemaps. If you take a look at the 16+ 2.0L page there's a dyno sheet as well as information about the included tune. Beyond that you can adjust throttle responsiveness on all and disable rev hang if you have a 6MT.
Sponsored