OsosikMedia

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si 2017 Civic SI x2
Country flag
Since all the other states outside of California have higher octane fuel, I decided to put E85 and a custom tune on my FlashPro.

Driving the car felt great (then again who doesn't love E85)! However, to show results will have to wait until we put it on a dyno (although we know fuel plays an important factor in gaining power).

Sponsored

MT_FK7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WOP Hatch
Country flag
Any effects on the fuel sender? Or too early to tell?

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
any chance you were out in bonneville recently?

OP
OP
OsosikMedia

OsosikMedia

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Here are the results from day 1 of E85 dyno testing with Daniel Butler from Church Automotive Testing.

Current "mods": Hondata FlashPro, Injen Cold Air Intake and IC piping (I will be installing intercooler tonight), RV6 Downpipe, Clutch Masters Clutch, Hasport Rear Mount, E85 California "pump gas", Torco Oils. The turquoise line (highest hp/trq number) represents a custom tune.

The blue line represents a E85 base map derived from the Hondata 9+ psi calibration.

The red line represents stock boost levels.
Honda Civic 10th gen E85 Preliminary Road Testing SI E85 Dyno Sheet 1

Below is a corrected view of that run to compare the E85 Si to a stock Type R they baselined earlier.

Honda Civic 10th gen E85 Preliminary Road Testing SI Civic Si vs Type R Dyno

Yes I drove from Bonneville to LA in the middle of the night and got this on the dyno this morning.
Honda Civic 10th gen E85 Preliminary Road Testing SI Civic Si Bonnevill

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here are the results from day 1 of E85 dyno testing with Daniel Butler from Church Automotive Testing.

Current "mods": Hondata FlashPro, Injen Cold Air Intake and IC piping (I will be installing intercooler tonight), RV6 Downpipe, Clutch Masters Clutch, Hasport Rear Mount, E85 California "pump gas", Torco Oils. The turquoise line (highest hp/trq number) represents a custom tune.

The blue line represents a E85 base map derived from the Hondata 9+ psi calibration.

The red line represents stock boost levels.
E85 Dyno Sheet 1.jpeg

Below is a corrected view of that run to compare the E85 Si to a stock Type R they baselined earlier.

Civic Si vs Type R Dyno.jpeg

Yes I drove from Bonneville to LA in the middle of the night and got this on the dyno this morning.
Civic Si Bonneville.jpeg
Very interesting, thanks for sharing.

abecerra96

SLOWFC1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Since all the other states outside of California have higher octane fuel, I decided to put E85 and a custom tune on my FlashPro.

Driving the car felt great (then again who doesn't love E85)! However, to show results will have to wait until we put it on a dyno (although we know fuel plays an important factor in gaining power).

You just need a custom tune to run E85?

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
ok, I also have been commenting on your FB then, have you been logging fuel pressure to make sure its not dipping too low during hard runs. (I am pretty sure we dont have lpfp AND hpfp pressure sensors... so I know you cant fully monitor it). Those are good numbers but you might be wasting money filling with straight e85(depending on cost of e85 there vs. here) because I made similar numbers (same dyno type but different dyno so its not 100% fair I know) @ 235/280, made 241/300 but clutch chattered a bit which looked a lot like your turquoise line. which clutch did you go with?

how fast did you "allegedly" go in the flats? lol

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
It will be interesting to see how long it will take the fuel sender to start reading off like it does in the 8th/9th Gen Civic when Running E85.. some cars it took a while some were within months:hmm:

fiatlux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 Sequoia, '10 M6, '13 STi, '16 TLX
Country flag
I'm a little surprised that the stock fuel pump and stock injectors are capable of delivering the extra 30% of fueling. Are you able to log IDCs to see how much headroom your injectors do have?

OP
OP
OsosikMedia

OsosikMedia

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Surprised E85 didn't give it more. Seen similar numbers off pump gas.
Compared to our pump gas (91) it made a nice difference and in California E85 is our cheapest pump gas lol. I'm positive it could've made more as well but this is our first session on the Dyno with this fuel so we are more on the "safe" side for many reasons, an important one being there is no ethanol content sensor so I really need to run through the tank and refill again on E85 (or install a sensor lol). I also got my Injen intercooler after this session so now that I have that installed I am going to hit the dyno again soon since the additional cooling should help.

Personally, I have never been a fan of making max power on the Dyno. I just care about actual performance while driving/time slips and reliability. However, since this is a new platform I know the only way to truly compare improvements are in "controlled environments" Dyno sheets, and sharing feedback with others.

OP
OP
OsosikMedia

OsosikMedia

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
ok, I also have been commenting on your FB then, have you been logging fuel pressure to make sure its not dipping too low during hard runs. (I am pretty sure we dont have lpfp AND hpfp pressure sensors... so I know you cant fully monitor it). Those are good numbers but you might be wasting money filling with straight e85(depending on cost of e85 there vs. here) because I made similar numbers (same dyno type but different dyno so its not 100% fair I know) @ 235/280, made 241/300 but clutch chattered a bit which looked a lot like your turquoise line. which clutch did you go with?

how fast did you "allegedly" go in the flats? lol
E85 here is cheaper than 91, but it will also depend on my MPG lol.
I have the Full Face Ceramic, falls under the Clutch Masters FX500.

No I did not race on the flats so my max speed was 55mph speed limit they had lol.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Compared to our pump gas (91) it made a nice difference and in California E85 is our cheapest pump gas lol. I'm positive it could've made more as well but this is our first session on the Dyno with this fuel so we are more on the "safe" side for many reasons, an important one being there is no ethanol content sensor so I really need to run through the tank and refill again on E85 (or install a sensor lol). I also got my Injen intercooler after this session so now that I have that installed I am going to hit the dyno again soon since the additional cooling should help.

Personally, I have never been a fan of making max power on the Dyno. I just care about actual performance while driving/time slips and reliability. However, since this is a new platform I know the only way to truly compare improvements are in "controlled environments" Dyno sheets, and sharing feedback with others.
FlashPro doesn't support flex fuel.

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
Status
Not open for further replies.