arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I've been using Hondata Flashpro +3 PSI basemap for about 2 weeks. I could feel the difference and happy with how the car drives & I have no plans to do bolt-on modifications.

However, I noticed that I need a tuner to help me with fuel, and ignition tuning.

I know that DRob of IMW is the best but too expensive for my tuning need. TSP Stage 1 seems to be logical for my tuning need (performance street) but unfortunately my ECU is not supported by TSP.

The only option left with reasonable pricing is Steve from E-Tunez.

I've browsed Civic X forum and searched Google regarding real life reviews/feedback regarding E-Tunez tuning.

I noticed a lot of positive reviews/ feedback from the 8th and 9th Gen forums.

However, the story is different when it comes to Gen 10, especially reviews in Civic X forum.

I could only find 1 positive feedback regarding e-tunez tune in this forum.

The rest of the feedback in Civic X forum is negative due to E-Tunez ethanol custom tune for 1 Civic X forum member.

Could anyone share experience or reviews on E-Tunez? Does E-Tunez capable to help me with fuel and ignition tuning?
Sponsored

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've been using Hondata Flashpro +3 PSI basemap for about 2 weeks. I could feel the difference and happy with how the car drives & I have no plans to do bolt-on modifications.

However, I noticed that I need a tuner to help me with fuel, and ignition tuning.

I know that DRob of IMW is the best but too expensive for my tuning need. TSP Stage 1 seems to be logical for my tuning need (performance street) but unfortunately my ECU is not supported by TSP.

The only option left with reasonable pricing is Steve from E-Tunez.

I've browsed Civic X forum and searched Google regarding real life reviews/feedback regarding E-Tunez tuning.

I noticed a lot of positive reviews/ feedback from the 8th and 9th Gen forums.

However, the story is different when it comes to Gen 10, especially reviews in Civic X forum.

I could only find 1 positive feedback regarding e-tunez tune in this forum.

The rest of the feedback in Civic X forum is negative due to E-Tunez ethanol custom tune for 1 Civic X forum member.

Could anyone share experience or reviews on E-Tunez? Does E-Tunez capable to help me with fuel and ignition tuning?
DRob is the best legit tuner and is far reasonable priced for a reason. No cheaping when it comes to tuning

Rich19Si

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
What's wrong with the Hondata +6 tune? The tune is well-calibrated. After all, they're one of the best and most reputable company that has been tuning Hondas for ages.

If you're daring, you can do the +9 tune which is equivalent power to TSP stg 1 of you want the most power out of a tune.

Last edited:

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What's wrong with the Hondata +6 tune? The tune is well-calibrated. After all, they're one of the best and most reputable company that has been tuning Hondas for ages.

If you're daring, you can do the +9 tune which is equivalent power to TSP stg 1 of you want the most power out of a tune.
Ktuner is far superior. hondata is a thing of the past

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry but that is not true, the Hondata +9 map has tested to be roughly equivalent with the KTuner 23psi base map (old VitViper blog) and the comparison data between KTuner 23psi and TSP1 is readily available.

Rich19Si

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Ktuner is far superior. hondata is a thing of the past
Let's not turn this into the typical KTuner vs Hondata war. Hondata has long history and well established reputation in the Honda tuning world.

What does have to do with KTuner? The dude has a flashpro...

Last edited:

Rich19Si

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Sorry but that is not true, the Hondata +9 map has tested to be roughly equivalent with the KTuner 23psi base map (old VitViper blog) and the comparison data between KTuner 23psi and TSP1 is readily available.
There has been Dyno graphs from people that actually have both, including myself. No difference in +9 and TSP stage 1 while WOT.

Like I said, I have both which makes it easier to compare versus drinking just taking graphs from different dynos. I'm not into the "he said, I said, she said, graph shown on site, etc". I do the testing myself.

To me, they both feel the same WOT.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There has been Dyno graphs from people that actually have both, including myself. No difference in +9 and TSP stage 1 while WOT.

Like I said, I have both which makes it easier to compare versus drinking just taking graphs from different dynos. I'm not into the "he said, I said, she said, graph shown on site, etc". I do the testing myself.
For what it's worth, this is the testing I am referring to. The key aspect here is that it was done with the same car, same conditions, same dyno, with a knowledgeable operator.

Honda Civic 10th gen E-Tunez E-Tuning Service basemaps1.PNG

Honda Civic 10th gen E-Tunez E-Tuning Service basemaps2.PNG

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag
If you're interested in a TSP1 for a non-map switching ECU, feel free to reach out to TSP. I can accommodate.

OP
OP
arnoldo

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you're interested in a TSP1 for a non-map switching ECU, feel free to reach out to TSP. I can accommodate.
I posted a thread in TSP thread here in Civic X forum but no response. Should I reach them out through the contact us form in TSP website and mention about this thread?

Please let me know.

Hey arnoldo, go for the offer from D-Rob. That tune is almost perfect and Derek is the man when it comes to CivicX tuning know how.
Yes. I believe Derek has the knowledge to tune Civic Gen. 10 within safety margin without leaving the fun factor behind. I will reach out to TSP as per DRob advise.

Nothing wrong with the tune but the climate where I live is very humid and hot. I live in a city where humidity of 90% is just a walk in the park and 30 C (86F) during the day is considered below average.

Pushing the turbo to boost +6 PSI would require me to upgrade my intercooler core and charge pipes. With 90% stop and go traffic, I would prefer to make light tune on the car so I can still get reliability and fun factor.

Friends,

Let's not make this a Hondata Flashpro vs. KTuner war.

I mentioned in this forum that KTuner is not available in my city when I had the money to purchase the tuning device. There was 1 sold in online marketplace but I wasn't fast enough and it was sold out.

Both KTuner V2 (when available) & Hondata Flashpro cost me USD 1,000 in my city. This includes dyno run and a "tune", which apparently just flashing basemap tune to the ECU, and dyno run.

I choose Hondata Flashpro because it was the only option available in my city, and my ECU is still at initial support from KTuner so I don't think the extra effort of importing KTuner V2 or V1.2 worth.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
I posted a thread in TSP thread here in Civic X forum but no response. Should I reach them out through the contact us form in TSP website and mention about this thread?

Please let me know.
On the website you can select FlashPro under the ECU software version section (last option) and it will give you more prompts for the info required for a FlashPro tune. We pass that on to Derek and he works his magic.

https://www.twostepperformance.com/.../tsp-stage-1-tune-for-2017-honda-civic-non-si

Regarding communication, an email or message through the website is always the fastest. Thanks!

OP
OP
arnoldo

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
On the website you can select FlashPro under the ECU software version section (last option) and it will give you more prompts for the info required for a FlashPro tune. We pass that on to Derek and he works his magic.

https://www.twostepperformance.com/.../tsp-stage-1-tune-for-2017-honda-civic-non-si

Regarding communication, an email or message through the website is always the fastest. Thanks!
Nice! I will place order after I get back from the office today.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Except for the fact that several people have had motors blown with that tune and only 1 reported failure via ktuner on the 23psi map.

While both are viable tuning platforms, ktuner just seems to offer more and with reliable updates than Hondata for the 1.5t. Different story for the Rs as it seems to be flipped with Hondata focusing heavily on the Rs.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Heres a recent one that was on FB. Also not sure why you suddenly deleted your post.

Honda Civic 10th gen E-Tunez E-Tuning Service Screenshot_20200122-005713_Facebook

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Except for the fact that several people have had motors blown with that tune and only 1 reported failure via ktuner on the 23psi map.

While both are viable tuning platforms, ktuner just seems to offer more and with reliable updates than Hondata for the 1.5t. Different story for the Rs as it seems to be flipped with Hondata focusing heavily on the Rs.
Not to make this Hondata versus KTuner but having owned both and running the tuning survey I think I have a good perspective on this.

Hondata has a long history of excellence and Flashpro is a good product. Early on with this gen Civic they were far ahead of KTuner. But over time, KTuner has added more and more user friendly features and it easily is the tuner of choice for most here. More useful features and lower cost compared to Flashpro. KTuner also has a more active presence here at the forum in terms of the 1.5T.

What seems to have happened is Hondata has put most of it's efforts into Type R development and has less interest in updating and tweaking the 1.5T models these days.

Bottom line though, Hondata and KTuner are both good and it's a win/win for us Civic X owners.
Sponsored

Last edited: